No announcement yet.

P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was some performance. As said above Alby, KOB, JJ, Wycherley all outstanding. I really think Alby is being hard done by, hes often the best player on the team & I'd love if he got a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
      That was some performance. As said above Alby, KOB, JJ, Wycherley all outstanding. I really think Alby is being hard done by, hes often the best player on the team & I'd love if he got a contract.
      Many of us have been saying since he signed that we’d love to keep him, but I can understand why we can’t (even though the country has plenty of SH options). With McCarthy having made the move down to us there’s no chance.

A lot of pressure on Nick to step up, but I have high hopes Casey will develop rapidly in the next 12 months anyway.

Comment

Special mention for JOD too. He was everywhere.

He, like Fineen, made a mountain of tackles and was at every ruck. Just kept doing all the non-flashy stuff that made it possible for JJ and co to shine. Led the team well too, and seemed to have a good rapport with the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Many of us have been saying since he signed that we’d love to keep him, but I can understand why we can’t (even though the country has plenty of SH options). With McCarthy having made the move down to us there’s no chance.

A lot of pressure on Nick to step up, but I have high hopes Casey will develop rapidly in the next 12 months anyway.
          Would love to see Alby in coaching role to work with the development of Nick Mc and Craig. From an international perspective there is a lack of quality coming through and these two may well be the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

"The Munster way". It sure took the penny a long time to drop but at least we're finally seeing some quality attacking rugby.

Combine the attack with all the players coming through, things are looking good. Not only players coming through but players like JJ look to have found a new lease of life. So many attacking options and freedom means the players are loving the new style. Take a note Joe Schmidt.

KOB had another great game. He has the best darts in the country from what I've seen and his handling and passing are excellent which I hadn't noticed before because he probably was told to bosh all the time.

Wycherley has some engine. He had another big game and was even popping up at scrum half at times. He has to work on his handling but it wouldn't surprise me to see him called up into Farrell's first Ireland squad. I think he'd make a good international blindside.

Goggin continues to impress. Takes the right decisions and is a heads up player. Had a lovely kick that pinned back Cardiff at one stage which Paddy Wallace credited to JJ.

The whole team played well in tough conditions. The only complaint I'd have is they were not getting much distance on their clearance kicks in the second half.
            I would not be surprised if KOB is starting some of the big games this season.

Comment

Special mention for JOD too. He was everywhere.

He, like Fineen, made a mountain of tackles and was at every ruck. Just kept doing all the non-flashy stuff that made it possible for JJ and co to shine. Led the team well too, and seemed to have a good rapport with the ref.
              Having a good rapport with the ref is invaluable imo. Not to single anyone out, but it’s a weakness of POM as he seems to take everything personally with regards to reffing decisions that go against us. Almost staring them down at times ffs. Not exactly the diplomatic approach you expect from your captain. Billy is much better at that stuff and JOD likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Would love to see Alby in coaching role to work with the development of Nick Mc and Craig. From an international perspective there is a lack of quality coming through and these two may well be the future.
                Especially as Casey looks the same sort of SH that Alby is- there’s not much point in trying to model your game on Murray, if you are physically/play more like Strings.

Comment

Knox did really well for his first start. Carried pretty decently. The Wych is continuing his upward performance curve.

Daly and Goggin impressed also.

I honestly expected a hosing so I'm delighted with the result, and the manner of it's achievement.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Nope not me ustix
                    Soda bread it was
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Alby will get more work in the P14 no bother at all to him if his time with us is coming to an end. If Marmion moved to England there could be a slot there, any side would look at him I'd say
                      I am the million man.

Comment

There's a real opportunity over the next few months for Murray to go back to what made him such a great scrum half. His vision, game intelligence and ability to break were more fundamental than box kicks,. A bit of deprogramming from the Irish set up and I think he'll thrive under what we seem to be doing.
                        "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Agreed, I just think he's the ultimate professional, having left his family at home & promised to move them over if he got a solid contract I hope he gets a great deal somewhere as he's in great shape & showing no signs of slowing. Just wish it was with us. His energy flows through the team when he's playing.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                            There's a real opportunity over the next few months for Murray to go back to what made him such a great scrum half. His vision, game intelligence and ability to break were more fundamental than box kicks,. A bit of deprogramming from the Irish set up and I think he'll thrive under what we seem to be doing.
                            I agree. Murray can play the style we’re going for, and can excel at it IMHO. 60 minutes of him at his all round best, with Casey coming on to up the pace for the last quarter. Could be fun!

Comment

Larkham will sort Murray wobbles. I really think him and Rowntree are what we need at this time and Van Grann should be praised for getting them in

Comment

Really really good win. Getting the BP over there was great. Was worried after seeing the team announcement. But we bossed it, pretty much always looked in control. Great to see so many academy players doing so well. Having said all that Cardiff looked like they’ve taken a step backwards. Maybe they’ve a depth issue with the World Cup and all. But expected more from them. Been a tough place to go over the last number of years. Seem to remember them beating us down in Cork as well.
                                "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Working...
                                X