No announcement yet.

P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely did not see that coming and am delighted to have my doubts on the selection proven so wonderfully wrong.

Comment

Watching Munster is now a pleasurable experience. No shouting, no smart remarks from me. The wife put her phone down after 10mins, opened a bottle of wine and got right into the game. Amazing watching these young boys show what they can do. The winter weekends are looking a lot more rosé!

Comment

Three great results today
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

There's a lot of fun and enjoyment and exuberance in the side. Having said that I thought the nuts and bolts of the game were also excellent

Scrum was a bit of a lottery but that's Gru Berry
          Lineout was good
          Rucks and ball retention was excellent
          Defence was good until blues saw the game was gone and played a bit of rope a dope

Let's see what we are like when playing someone really good but for now this season has been a great relief from the ****e served up in Japan.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            There's a lot of fun and enjoyment and exuberance in the side. Having said that I thought the nuts and bolts of the game were also excellent

Scrum was a bit of a lottery but that's Gru Berry
            Lineout was good
            Rucks and ball retention was excellent
            Defence was good until blues saw the game was gone and played a bit of rope a dope

Let's see what we are like when playing someone really good but for now this season has been a great relief from the ****e served up in Japan.
            Couldn’t agree more. Watching the provinces and the national team play is like chalk and cheese. These young fellas coming through can play. The standard of coaching is unbelievable; Friend, Larkham, Lancaster... hopefully a big Irish push on all fronts this season.

Comment

That was bloody enjoyable. I was delighted for the fringe players like Nash, O Shea, Wootton and Arnold - they all impressed.

KOB is turning into a bit of a leader, that dummy was a thing of beauty.

I'm delighted to see JJ delivering - always knew the boy had talent.

I'm really excited about this season. Rowntree and Larkham could make a big difference.

We look to have a pretty decent squad now.

Comment

Always great to get the win away but with a young team playing a nice brand of rugby it's really enjoyable. I really hope we can build on this and the returning internationals can develop and buy into this style. We seem to have choices now..

Comment

One swallow does not a summer make.
                  i

Comment

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
                    One swallow does not a summer make.
                    i
                    Tús maith leath na hoibre
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Well that was some difference to the last 2 years of this fixture. We were organised, aggressive and cute. We gave the 12 and 13 of Cardiff no time on the ball to create anything and herded them to touch. We played with a makeshift full back and manged to cope relatively comfortably. Our forwards were hungry and rabid on the floor and at the ruck. Hats off to Darren O'Shea and O'Byrne on a trying night for lineouts, we were tight on ours and like a rash on theirs. I have to say Wycherly is something else, his work rate is fantastic and he gets better the longer the game goes on. Those Beara fellas are tough f*ckers. Just to say the weather eased for a lot of the second half and Cardiff had the best of it in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Was it yourself Waterfordlad?
                        Nope not me ustix
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Am away for the weekend and haven’t seen it yet- but read this thread, having take a sneaky look at the result, from the beginning to end. I now can’t wait to sit down and watch it. Great to read all the in-game remarks- I wish now I hadn’t looked at the score first, just wasn’t brave enough I think, because I feared a beating, as I think most
                          of us did. 5-0 was way beyond expectations- delighted for the lads.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                            Am away for the weekend and haven’t seen it yet- but read this thread, having take a sneaky look at the result, from the beginning to end. I now can’t wait to sit down and watch it. Great to read all the in-game remarks- I wish now I hadn’t looked at the score first, just wasn’t brave enough I think, because I feared a beating, as I think most
                            of us did. 5-0 was way beyond expectations- delighted for the lads.
                            The boys stepped up
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Unreal rugby from Munster and even in those conditions. Last year in this fixture we won’t have boshed away up front and then coughed up the ball in the 22.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                                Unreal rugby from Munster and even in those conditions. Last year in this fixture we won’t have boshed away up front and then coughed up the ball in the 22.

"The Munster way". It sure took the penny a long time to drop but at least we're finally seeing some quality attacking rugby.

Combine the attack with all the players coming through, things are looking good. Not only players coming through but players like JJ look to have found a new lease of life. So many attacking options and freedom means the players are loving the new style. Take a note Joe Schmidt.

KOB had another great game. He has the best darts in the country from what I've seen and his handling and passing are excellent which I hadn't noticed before because he probably was told to bosh all the time.

Wycherley has some engine. He had another big game and was even popping up at scrum half at times. He has to work on his handling but it wouldn't surprise me to see him called up into Farrell's first Ireland squad. I think he'd make a good international blindside.

Goggin continues to impress. Takes the right decisions and is a heads up player. Had a lovely kick that pinned back Cardiff at one stage which Paddy Wallace credited to JJ.

The whole team played well in tough conditions. The only complaint I'd have is they were not getting much distance on their clearance kicks in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X