• Show
Clear All

P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Starts
    2nd-November-2019 19:35
    Ends
    2nd-November-2019 21:35
    I am the million man.

Thanks for starting this- should be a good opportunity to pick up some away points. No internationals back, but sounds like full strength side available - will be very interesting to see who is picked. Big gulf between the two alternatives opening up for some lads: Chance to stake a claim for a HCUP spot or not even travelling because the internationals are back.

Comment

Munster site....

”The coaching staff has been further boosted this week with the arrival of Forwards Coach Graham Rowntree, who joined the squad in the High Performance Centre on Monday morning.

On the squad front, there were no fresh injuries picked up in Munster’s bonus-point win over Ospreys on Friday night.

Chris Cloete has recovered from an ankle injury and is back in full training.

Munster’s international contingent will return next week with Joey Carbery set to rehab an ankle injury that he was managing throughout the World Cup.

Continuing to rehab: Ciaran Parker (calf).”

So full strength (minus internationals) other than Ciaran Parker. Worried about Joey’s injury proneness- I hope he has the extra conditioning and support that can make a difference- realistically we probably don’t need him until Racing at home. But more opportunity for TB/JJ to move into pole position.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
        Thanks for starting this- should be a good opportunity to pick up some away points. No internationals back, but sounds like full strength side available - will be very interesting to see who is picked. Big gulf between the two alternatives opening up for some lads: Chance to stake a claim for a HCUP spot or not even travelling because the internationals are back.
        Even more established players such as Rhys Marshall and even Billy Holland must be thinking about the challenge of getting into the matchday 23. But at least they have impressed in the past, so the coaches have an idea of their ability.

For the young up-and-coming guys, the odds seem always a little stacked against them....start-of-season incoherence and rustiness must make this period a challenging one in which to show their potential. Some, like Fineen, seem to shine very quickly, but for the slow burners who need time, well this just seems like an awfully short time and space in which to display even a hint of their worth. In such circumstances, to my mind it's no reflection on a coaching team if one of these slow burners subsequently does well elsewhere, because they simply did not shine clearly or brightly in these early season matches. A killer for us as fans when that happens.

Comment

Cardiff have a strong midfield. They killed us last year. Beware.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
            Our record isn't good against them the last few years. They're not to be taken lightly.
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
              Anscombe gone- that will make a big difference. One of their excellent centres was in world cup (maybe Tonga) not sure if he is back.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Rey Lee-Lo. Tore Munster to shreds last season and is back for the game this weekend. Absolutely no gimme of a game. A must win is pushing it a little bit but with Ulster HC next up we could do with settling into the new styles this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                  Rey Lee-Lo. Tore Munster to shreds last season and is back for the game this weekend. Absolutely no gimme of a game. A must win is pushing it a little bit but with Ulster HC next up we could do with settling into the new styles this weekend.
                  We can settle into all the styles we want. They reality is that from next week the internationals come back and will be reintegrated into the matchday squads for Ulster and the HEC with practically no exposure to the new style. I've been saying for ages, that because of the world cup it'll be the new year at least before we see a settled style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

We can settle into all the styles we want. They reality is that from next week the internationals come back and will be reintegrated into the matchday squads for Ulster and the HEC with practically no exposure to the new style. I've been saying for ages, that because of the world cup it'll be the new year at least before we see a settled style of play.
                    As I understand it the internationals are only back in training next week, when they come back into the frame for selection may be staggered.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                      I may be muddling up the fixtures, but as far as I recall, the equivalent fixture away last Autumn we were dire- and barely seemed like we turned up until late on.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

As I understand it the internationals are only back in training next week, when they come back into the frame for selection may be staggered.
                        Staggered over two games. Some will be involved against Ulster and you can guarantee the rest (minus Carbery) will be back in for the HEC games. They won't be up to speed with the new gameplan, but they will be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Staggered over two games. Some will be involved against Ulster and you can guarantee the rest (minus Carbery) will be back in for the HEC games. They won't be up to speed with the new gameplan, but they will be playing.
                          Ok- makes sense- although I’m not sure we need them back so soon, and if a while longer would make it easier for them to get on message- I’d prefer that to regressing a bit and taking longer to bed in. I don’t doubt their ability- but want the flickers of a new style to burst into flames sooner rather than later.

Comment

Halaholo and Lee-Lo
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Side is seeing a few new buachailli putting their hands up

Goggin, Daly, Tyrion Casey, Loughman to name but 4, this is good news and hopefully more fringe guys do the same over the coming weeks
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X