Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashless Bar at Thomond Park then?

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/10/...with-kappture/

Think its a good idea overall. Probably a bit of a nuisance for people who dont normally use card but will significantly speed up the process of waiting for Food & Drink on big game days

Comment

will it be all bars? it mentions refurbished bar areas. definitely in favour of it provided their network can handle the volume of transactions and the staff arent left sweating over a terminal that cant connect. might need cash system backup too
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
        will it be all bars? it mentions refurbished bar areas. definitely in favour of it provided their network can handle the volume of transactions and the staff arent left sweating over a terminal that cant connect. might need cash system backup too
        91 terminals.. i'd say so. Kiosks inside have had cashless options for a while.

Doesn't effect the burger/hot dog sole traders in Fanzone and exits areas though i'd say
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedRoar94 View Post

Think its a good idea overall. Probably a bit of a nuisance for people who dont normally use card but will significantly speed up the process of waiting for Food & Drink on big game days
          I don't see any mention in that link of TP going totally cashless. I can't actually see that happening. They'd lose a fortune in sales.

Comment

Wont go totally cashless and even if they try here still will be a till with cash. Aviva has tried to go card only/ cash free on some levels including level 1 ie main lower tier and it hasn't always worked and some bars despite lots of signs saying card only no cash etc he staff have eventually had to open up a cash till.

Comment

Neil

If you're working on improving your clickbait ability that's an excellent effort

A+

:)
              I am the million man.

Comment

Hi Admins, best change the thread title to something more generic - New Bar Set Up at Thomond Park etc

Comment

The system they use for the Dubai Sevens is good. You get a little wrist strap thing that you can pay cash onto using cash or card at pay points or through roaming people with machines. Then at the bar there's no payment - just a swipe on your wrist. Massively reduces wait times from people using debit cards or bar staff having to handle cash and give change.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                    The system they use for the Dubai Sevens is good. You get a little wrist strap thing that you can pay cash onto using cash or card at pay points or through roaming people with machines. Then at the bar there's no payment - just a swipe on your wrist. Massively reduces wait times from people using debit cards or bar staff having to handle cash and give change.
                    I've seen that at a few football grounds in Germany too. But you get a card rather than a wrist band.

Comment

What they had in Bordeaux was you went to machine for tokens which you then exchanged for beer
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        What they had in Bordeaux was you went to machine for tokens which you then exchanged for beer
                        Trading tokens for beer? I can see that catching on. They could call it money or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                          "Beer"
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            was used quite successfully at kaleidoscope music festival aimed at families in blessington last year. You pre pay onto the wristband happy yoke with whatever amount you want for weekend and then can use it at all participating units.

Comment

Spurs new stadium 100% cashless new issue - programmed shirts etc

Comment

Working...
                              X