Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P14 R4) Us V Ospreys @ I.I.P - Friday Oct 25th - 19.35 - TG4-Eirsport-Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iar-scoláire ó Ghaelscoil I Luimneach,ar scor le déanaí.
    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

My only real quibble in terms of selection is Holloway starting. Absolutely nothing against the guy personally and I don't have any reason to think he won't do the job for us - I have just as much respect for him as for any other player wearing the red jersey. It's just that we have Darren O'Shea and Seán O'Connor on our books, who both need as much exposure to this level of competition as possible, and who both could have been given game time here. We'd nothing to lose and plenty to gain by doing so, and my beef is entirely with the management decision to bring an unnecessary short-term signing into the side in the first place.

Anyway. Gwan Holloway, gwan Munster.
      I thought that a bit strange too, in an otherwise excellent selection. I wonder whether the greater physical strength starting, with Jed and Billy, might be there to compensate for JOS etc, but it might also be that finer. Having started several games is being tried out as a way of shifting momentum. Completely take the point about DOS and SOC, either of whom I’d have been delighted to see in the squad. The Holloway signing still looks odd, but perhaps they were thinking that WC injury to JK, Beirne, POW or CJ might have left us needing to argue for a medical joker at the last minute. Fortunately, if that was the reason, it proved unwarranted.

Thrilled with the selection- serious wheels at the back, and JOD/JOS looks like a glimpse of the future. Gwan Munster.

Comment

Ospreys looking stretched. Lydiate at lock, with the new signing from Quins joining the injured list.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
          This game is about as close as we'll get to a gimme this season so a good chance to blood a few young lads.
          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

I just realised that I somehow misread the team announcement and that Casey is not in fact starting after all, which somewhat undermines some of my earlier post. I blame overwork.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              I just realised that I somehow misread the team announcement and that Casey is not in fact starting after all, which somewhat undermines some of my earlier post. I blame overwork.
              Bench opportunity is fine- especially as we ought to be in good shape and thus allow him 20+ mins. Would have preferred he had had more opportunities (especially during Celtic cup, sorry, broken record), because he has three ahead of him and starting/benching obviously very limited.

Comment

Can someone do a quick getting to know about Jack Osullivan please? What kind of player is he and where has he come from? Is he looking like a future Irish player?

I know nowt about him
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Can someone do a quick getting to know about Jack Osullivan please? What kind of player is he and where has he come from? Is he looking like a future Irish player?

I know nowt about him
                  Google Jack o Sullivan Ireland u20s. In 2018 and go into videos he was the star of the 6 nations and got some spectacular trys. Had a bad injury and missed world cup that year.

Comment

This should do it...
                    https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/09/...-london-irish/

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2018/03/...ack-osullivan/

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Google Jack o Sullivan Ireland u20s. In 2018 and go into videos he was the star of the 6 nations and got some spectacular trys. Had a bad injury and missed world cup that year.
                      From what I saw of him at U20 and in pre-season etc. he’s similar to - powerful and athletic. Those two are gonna be interesting to watch over the next couple of years. We could have a bit of a Deegan v Doris situation on our hands.

Comment

delighted to see Jack o Sullivan on
                        what a talent he is

Comment

Bringing son to his first game tonight. I usually park a bit away and walk up but thats not feasible tonight. Ill be early enough, is Woodies off limits or usable? Black Ash?
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                            Bringing son to his first game tonight. I usually park a bit away and walk up but thats not feasible tonight. Ill be early enough, is Woodies off limits or usable? Black Ash?
                            From my own experience,HR,Black Ash is ideal. Plenty room and very close to the pitch. Hope Munster’s newest fan enjoys his trip.
                            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Thanks, Black ash looks grand, just wasnt sure was available but seems it is. Miserable feckin night for it but sure he'll be grand.
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Would I be right in saying Jazz festival in Cork this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Working...
                                X