Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P14 R4) Us V Ospreys @ I.I.P - Friday Oct 25th - 19.35 - TG4-Eirsport-Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say utterly unpleasant, exactly, but I get where you're coming from. It wasn't a game I had planned to attend but once it was confirmed it was to go ahead, there wasn't any doubt about turning up. From the early morning journey down - I was already on the road nearly 90 minutes when the sunrise finally arrived, a few miles before Newry - it all felt very surreal. But I'd say most of us have had to make a few journeys like that for personal/family reasons and this wasn't the same - for one thing, it was "only" a game of rugby. But even though the real reason for being there was terrible, and I don't even have a direct connection to the man or his family, it mattered that we were there, and so many all together. There was something good about that as well.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Tyler Bleyendaal, Neil Cronin; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jed Holloway, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Jeremy Loughman, Fineen Wycherley, Arno Botha, Craig Casey, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold.

Comment

Team named for tomorrow nights game
        1 James Cronin
        2 Rhys Marshall
        3 Stephen Archer
        4 Jed Holloway
        5 Billy Holland
        6 Jack O'Donoghue
        7 Tommy O'Donnell
        8 Jack O'Sullivan

9 Neil Cronin
        10 Tyler Bleyendaal
        11 Shane Daly
        12 Rory Scannell
        13 Dan Goggin
        14 Calvin Nsah
        15 Mike Haley

Replacements:
        16 Kevin O'Byrne
        17 Liam O'Connor
        18 Jeremy Loughman
        19 Fineen Wycherley
        20 Arno Botha
        21 Craig Casey
        22 JJ Hanrahan
        23 Sammy Arnold

Comment

Currently overseas so will miss game. Have 2 seated stand tickets for this - 40€ for both. Can email or transfer.
          PM please....
          Last edited by Greenkiwi; 25th-October-2019, 11:17.

Comment

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Tyler Bleyendaal, Neil Cronin; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jed Holloway, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Jeremy Loughman, Fineen Wycherley, Arno Botha, Craig Casey, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold.

We need to get Fineen playing first team games consistently. Our two best Hookers are in this squad thanksfully and great to see Nash starting. that lad will be a superstar..

We need to win this one..!
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Craig Casey
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Craig Casey
                Yes and good opportunity for Jack O Sullivan, Arnold on the bench, strong bench

Comment

Is Sweetnam injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                    Is Sweetnam injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Rotation, rotation, rotation......

Comment

This game is about as close as we'll get to a gimme this season so a good chance to blood a few young lads.
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Great to see Nash and Daly on the wings. With that backrow, 10/12 combination, Larkham's style of play and the artificial surface all combined with the Ospreys form and injury problems we could be about with witness an absolute slaughter.

Comment

There's a lot to be happy about in that selection. Casey, Daly and O'Sullivan all starting is a great statement of confidence in our up & coming players and I'm particularly pleased that Casey continues to get opportunities with the senior squad, as I had feared he might be destined for Celtic Cup appearances with just the occasional stint off the bench in senior games. Looking forward to seeing more from O'Byrne, O'Connor and Nash as well. Hopefully Haley can back up the recent improvement in his attacking play and Goggin will continue to bed into the 13 jersey. Our midfield will need to be more cohesive in defence than against the Cheetahs.

My only real quibble in terms of selection is Holloway starting. Absolutely nothing against the guy personally and I don't have any reason to think he won't do the job for us - I have just as much respect for him as for any other player wearing the red jersey. It's just that we have Darren O'Shea and Seán O'Connor on our books, who both need as much exposure to this level of competition as possible, and who both could have been given game time here. We'd nothing to lose and plenty to gain by doing so, and my beef is entirely with the management decision to bring an unnecessary short-term signing into the side in the first place.

Anyway. Gwan Holloway, gwan Munster.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                            There's a lot to be happy about in that selection. Casey, Daly and O'Sullivan all starting is a great statement of confidence in our up & coming players and I'm particularly pleased that Casey continues to get opportunities with the senior squad, as I had feared he might be destined for Celtic Cup appearances with just the occasional stint off the bench in senior games. Looking forward to seeing more from O'Byrne, O'Connor and Nash as well. Hopefully Haley can back up the recent improvement in his attacking play and Goggin will continue to bed into the 13 jersey. Our midfield will need to be more cohesive in defence than against the Cheetahs.

My only real quibble in terms of selection is Holloway starting. Absolutely nothing against the guy personally and I don't have any reason to think he won't do the job for us - I have just as much respect for him as for any other player wearing the red jersey. It's just that we have Darren O'Shea and Seán O'Connor on our books, who both need as much exposure to this level of competition as possible, and who both could have been given game time here. We'd nothing to lose and plenty to gain by doing so, and my beef is entirely with the management decision to bring an unnecessary short-term signing into the side in the first place.

Anyway. Gwan Holloway, gwan Munster.
                            I've said enough times that I wasn't a fan of the signing so I won't repeat any of that. With Kleyn and Beirne back for the Ulster game and POM and Stander back for the Ospreys ERC game then if they didn't start him here they would have looked very stupid for having signed him at all.

I doubt we'll be seeing too much of him before he heads back to Aus, hopefully he has contributed off the field in terms of helping Larkham's style and systems to bed in.

Best of luck Jed - sow it into them Welsh bast@rds. I heard 'twas a Swansea magistrate what sent your great grandfather out to the penal colonies.

Comment

Iar-imreoir ó Cúige Mumhan mar thráchtaire nua ar TG4 amáireach. Bígí ag faire.
                              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Cé a bheas ann? Ní cuimhin liom cé hiad na Gaeilgeoirí.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X