Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro 14 games in sth africa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

    The other Munster players could see a lot of game time in the semi-final and final. Then the celebrations could take a lot out of them all!!
    I'll be very annoyed if Ireland winning some Mickey Mouse competition damages our chances of making the Pro14 play offs.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

      I'll be very annoyed if Ireland winning some Mickey Mouse competition damages our chances of making the Pro14 play offs.
      Good one Munsterboy
      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

      Comment


        Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

        I'll be very annoyed if Ireland winning some Mickey Mouse competition damages our chances of making the Pro14 play offs.
        See comments elsewhere on this site about our province’s (cork’s) support for Ireland. Our tremendous 12 will come back, probably better players, and I suspect relieved to be back home.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

          I'll be very annoyed if Ireland winning some Mickey Mouse competition damages our chances of making the Pro14 play offs.
          Disney Corporation must really hate that Irish people equate Mickey Mouse with something that is pure crap
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

          Comment


            Well, glad all that RWC nonsense is done and dusted and the lads can focus on the serious stuff. No critical injuries either, although I’d say CJ is knackered.

            Nice to have a few angry lads coming back to us with disappointment to take out on our opponents. I reckon playing under Larkham will be a breath of fresh air for them.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
              Well, glad all that RWC nonsense is done and dusted and the lads can focus on the serious stuff. No critical injuries either, although I’d say CJ is knackered.

              Nice to have a few angry lads coming back to us with disappointment to take out on our opponents. I reckon playing under Larkham will be a breath of fresh air for them.
              They better be annoyed but they should have no entitlement to a starting position.

              Comment


                Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

                They better be annoyed but they should have no entitlement to a starting position.
                Lets be honest, there's a reason they went to Japan and the others didn't. They're the better players and will make up the majority of our first choice XV when they return.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

                  Lets be honest, there's a reason they went to Japan and the others didn't. They're the better players and will make up the majority of our first choice XV when they return.
                  And the reason we won European cups in 2006 and 2008 was in many respects new players coming in.

                  Part of the reason Ireland were hammered in the World Cup was loyalty towards players.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

                    And the reason we won European cups in 2006 and 2008 was in many respects new players coming in.

                    Part of the reason Ireland were hammered in the World Cup was loyalty towards players.
                    The Munster players at the RWC pretty much all performed well. They’re not being picked because of past glories, they’re being picked because they’re still top class players.

                    Are you gonna stick them on the bench when they come back?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

                      Part of the reason Ireland were hammered in the World Cup was loyalty towards players.
                      It was, but the solution isn’t disloyalty to all.

                      The returning 12 should be given the opportunity, when they are ready, to show they are better they those who have been playing, but reassuring everyone that is replaced that they will have opportunities to take the jersey back.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                        It was, but the solution isn’t disloyalty to all.

                        The returning 12 should be given the opportunity, when they are ready, to show they are better they those who have been playing, but reassuring everyone that is replaced that they will have opportunities to take the jersey back.
                        And there are always plenty of opportunities, given player management and the 6Ns.

                        There are always gonna be lads who are unlucky with their timing, coming through when we have a POM or Murray in their prime ahead of them, but those lads are getting older and there aren’t too many others at that level.

                        There’ll be plenty of competition over the coming couple of seasons and class will out.

                        Wouldn’t be surprised to see Fineen pushing Beirne to 6 with POM to 7, for example, or Daly pushing Farrell into 12. Then there’s the likes of Craig Casey, who may have the goods to challenge Murray in a year or two.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                          The Munster players at the RWC pretty much all performed well. They’re not being picked because of past glories, they’re being picked because they’re still top class players.

                          Are you gonna stick them on the bench when they come back?
                          No. I never said that. What I said was that there should be no entitlement to a starting place. This means being picked on merit not reputation and a culture that encourages this. I would be surprised if anyone has problems with that.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

                            No. I never said that. What I said was that there should be no entitlement to a starting place. This means being picked on merit not reputation and a culture that encourages this. I would be surprised if anyone has problems with that.
                            In your defence, Declan Kidney refused to drop the (very young) O'Gara and Stringer when the internationals came back. I don't have a recipe (or clue) as to how this works, but if a lad has been playing well, while the internationals are away, maybe it's not simply a given that he should be asked to step aside.

                            I'm guessing this has something to do with motivation for both the player playing well and the returning international (and maybe even the wider panel, who witness it).

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

                              In your defence, Declan Kidney refused to drop the (very young) O'Gara and Stringer when the internationals came back. I don't have a recipe (or clue) as to how this works, but if a lad has been playing well, while the internationals are away, maybe it's not simply a given that he should be asked to step aside.

                              I'm guessing this has something to do with motivation for both the player playing well and the returning international (and maybe even the wider panel, who witness it).
                              What Irish international half backs did Munster have in the late 90s who were kept out of the team by ROG and Stringer? We didn't play anything other than interpros and Heineken Cup back then and the provincial season was over before Christmas. You're remembering something that didn't happen.

                              Comment


                                brian o'meara and tom tierney were both on munsters books at the time, no international 10 though.
                                Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X