No announcement yet.

Pro 14 games in sth africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this Cheetahs side is some outfit. If they keep it up and find some away form they will be a threat to any team
    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Well and truly beaten but the disappointing aspect for me was what little attacking and set piece ball Munster had it was to 12 and up the middle. Cheetahs defence was so narrow and they left Munster with a lot of space which wasn't exploited. McCarthy did not impress me at all bar the odd good kick. Cheetahs will take some stopping at home paying like that.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
        We seem to be playing a v similar brand of rugby. Would have expected us to hold onto the ball a lot more.
        Their pack is no joke so hard enough to keep it tight and out-muscle them, especially when our lads started blowing.

They’re a good side. Nobody will beat them down there while missing 12 first team players. They’ll be tough enough to beat at full strength.

Comment

Cheetahs will do well this season. Play matches at altitude and have a good team. Will anyone win an away match there? I know we were down 12 players, but they seemvery good.

Comment

Well beaten, Its a shame we don't get to play them at home in the normal season.

Comment

I was just responding to another person saying we’re trying new things, which I disagreed with, because I can’t see any new things.
              and my home, my home is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

I think we are seeing more expansive play, better offloading, better lines from our back three (particularly Haley) and more interplay between forwards and backs.

We’ve struggled here, mostly in the second half. Cheetahs are good but we’ll do them in Thomond when closer to full strength and at sea level.
                They're not in our pool. We won't play them in Limerick /Cork until next season.

And I can see the subtle changes. I'm pointing out that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                  We seem to be playing a v similar brand of rugby. Would have expected us to hold onto the ball a lot more.
                  MAybe we will everywhere else, but the flippin altitude seemed to knock the stuffing out of us
                  At least I hope that's what it was

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
                    Cheetahs will do well this season. Play matches at altitude and have a good team. Will anyone win an away match there? I know we were down 12 players, but they seemvery good.
                    They're going to lose 3 or 4 players to Super rugby at Christmas, so I don't know how sustainable their form is.

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
                      Full time cheetahs win 40_16 ,I wouldn't be too critical ,its a tough ask at altitude, there are signs of some progress but pack was well beaten up today
                      Agreed would not be reading too much into it, they were pretty much full strength and at home, while we were away missing 12 players and (imho) still finding our feet trying to implement a new gameplan. Pretty happy with 5 points from this SA tour
                      Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

thought the team really tried. Well done
                        Well played Cheetahs.
                        We need to launch ourselves into rucks almost like a torpedo like the other teams in this competition. Leinster and Glasgow do this all the time and have won a few pro 14 as a result. I think the refs are ok with this as long as you don,’t collapse onto one of your players already in the ruck. (Prev referred to as munstering).
                        we don’t do this and it slows our ball recycling

Comment

Pack struggled a bit today, especially once they got tired.

Backs were a mixed bag. Daly did some good stuff, again, and Haley too.

Thought McCarthy was poor. Slow to get the ball out and away, a bit indecisive, and some of his passing was ropey. Alby was a substantial improvement for me.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
                            thought the team really tried. Well done
                            Well played Cheetahs.
                            We need to launch ourselves into rucks almost like a torpedo like the other teams in this competition. Leinster and Glasgow do this all the time and have won a few pro 14 as a result. I think the refs are ok with this as long as you don,’t collapse onto one of your players already in the ruck. (Prev referred to as munstering).
                            we don’t do this and it slows our ball recycling
                            The torpedo ****e needs to be stamped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

The torpedo ****e needs to be stamped out.
                              We don’t ref the games. We play them. We need to play to play to the refs not how we want the game to be played. We have been on the Backfoot with refs for way too long.
                              We need t9 start doing what other teams do and if we get pinged take it to review. I don’t think we will be pinged btw.

Comment

Cheetahs V Munster:
                                Rhyno Smith; William Small-Smith, Benhard Janse van Rensburg, Louis Fouche, Anthony Volmink; Tian Schoeman, Ruan Pienaar (C); Ox Nche, Joseph Dweba, Luan de Bruin; Sintu Manjezi, Walt Steenkamp; Gerhard Olivier, Junior Pokomela, Henco Venter.

Reinach Venter, Boan Venter, Neethling Fouche, JP du Preez, Sias Koen, Jasper Wiese, Tian Meyer, Clayton Blommetjies.

Free State Cheetahs for the final:
                                15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 William Small-Smith, 13 Benhard Janse van Rensburg, 12 Dries Swanepoel, 11 Tian Meyer (captain ), 10 Tian Schoeman, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Junior Pokomela , 6 Gerhard Olivier, 5 Walt Steenkamp, 4 Sintu Manjesi, 3 Erich de Jager, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Ox Nche

16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Charl Marais, 18 Reinach Venter, 19 JP du Preez, 20 Jasper Wiese, 21 Abongile Nonkontwana, 22 Louis Fouche, 22 Darren Adonis

They won the Currie Cup btw and this is game 11 of their season so far.
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X