No announcement yet.

Pro 14 games in sth africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wycherley is starting in the second row with DOS.
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

That's a good side, with a nice mix of youth and experience plus a couple of older fringe players like O'Shea given a chance to put their hands up. Hope KOB continues his form from last week and I'm glad to see Goggin back in the side. I have high expectations of Liam O'Connor, so it's good to see him being given the start - ditto Wycherley. And Chris Cloete is back in the side, how bad.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

In all my years supporting Munster, this is the most frustrated I have been as a Munster supporter. I'm a die-hard Munster supporter, but I have absolutely no interest in watching a Munster team full of experienced senior players taking on a second-string Dragon team. The result was never in question and what are we going to learn?

What is supposed to be exciting Munster fans? If I'm not in anyway excited by Munster's matches, then you can be sure people with a lesser interest in rugby, won't care. Compare this with Leinster, who seem to always be blooding fresh new talents.

We had four academy players on the bench so that the Munster PR machine could pat themselves on the back and say "look at the great Munster development pathway."

I have been fairly neutral on Van Graan so far, but having looked at the teams selected for the opening weekends, somethings are fairly apparent. This guy has absolutely no interest in Munster's long-term future. When he goes, Casey, Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will also go as they will want more than 2 bench appearances per year.
        Last edited by Mumhain; 11th-October-2019, 07:41.

Comment

When we played Dragons, the starting lineup included Shane Daly, Nick McCarthy and Fineen Wycherley (still not an established senior player IMO), with Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox, Liam Coombes and Jack O’Sullivan on the bench alongside James Cronin playing his first game since getting injured last November. I'm disappointed that Craig Casey in particular isn't being fast-tracked, but I also understand that you can't just throw in every young player we have - senior players have to feature as well.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
            In all my years supporting Munster, this is the most frustrated I have been as a Munster supporter. I'm a die-hard Munster supporter, but I have absolutely no interest in watching a Munster team full of experienced senior players taking on a second-string Dragon team. The result was never in question and what are we going to learn?

What is supposed to be exciting Munster fans? If I'm not in anyway excited by Munster's matches, then you can be sure people with a lesser interest in rugby, won't care. Compare this with Leinster, who seem to always be blooding fresh new talents.

We had four academy players on the bench so that the Munster PR machine could pat themselves on the back and say "look at the great Munster development pathway."

I have been fairly neutral on Van Graan so far, but having looked at the teams selected for the opening weekends, somethings are fairly apparent. This guy has absolutely no interest in Munster's long-term future. He'll be happy if Munster scrape a a pro 14 title, that he can put on his CV and then he'll go somewhere else for more money. With him Casey, Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will also go. Probably to clubs who want to give them more then 2 bench appearances per year.
            You wha?
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              That's a good side, with a nice mix of youth and experience plus a couple of older fringe players like O'Shea given a chance to put their hands up. Hope KOB continues his form from last week and I'm glad to see Goggin back in the side. I have high expectations of Liam O'Connor, so it's good to see him being given the start - ditto Wycherley. And Chris Cloete is back in the side, how bad.
              Chris Cloete is bench cover for the outside backs :O

Comment

Jeez, I didn't pick up on that part! That's a bit weird alright, wonder why Nash isn't named there instead.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I have been fairly neutral on Van Graan so far, but having looked at the teams selected for the opening weekends, somethings are fairly apparent. This guy has absolutely no interest in Munster's long-term future. He'll be happy if Munster scrape a a pro 14 title, that he can put on his CV and then he'll go somewhere else for more money. With him Casey, Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will also go. Probably to clubs who want to give them more then 2 bench appearances per year.
                  Mad stuff.

Comment

Neither TOD or JOD withdrawn at this point. Must be no clarity on Jordi Murphy injury yet.
                    De do dat dare don't dey.

Comment

Second game in a row having a back row player as the #23. Is there any rules around changing a player in an announced line-up if TOD was called to Japan? Would they have to pick a bench player and then add someone to the bench? I doubt it but can't see the logic otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                        Second game in a row having a back row player as the #23. Is there any rules around changing a player in an announced line-up if TOD was called to Japan? Would they have to pick a bench player and then add someone to the bench? I doubt it but can't see the logic otherwise.
                        No. They could bring someone straight into the 15 or promote someone from the bench and replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
                          James Cronin covering Loosehead and Loughman tighthead?
                          Jed Holloway on the bench, so Fineen lost out. Thought he was ok against the dragons, but they were so poor, it's hard to know.
                          Neil Cronin on bench, so McCarthy, who looked pretty good to me, armchair expert that I am, is also dropped
                          We live in an era of squad rotation. None of these players have been dropped. They all have a management program similar to the internationals where they're only allowed to play a certain number of minutes in any particular block of games. If the coaching staff decide a player is needed later in the block they'll rotate them out of the early games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

We live in an era of squad rotation. None of these players have been dropped. They all have a management program similar to the internationals where they're only allowed to play a certain number of minutes in any particular block of games. If the coaching staff decide a player is needed later in the block they'll rotate them out of the early games.
                            Absolutely, and another, harder game next week- so worth spreading the experience around.

Comment

I have been fairly neutral on Van Graan so far, but having looked at the teams selected for the opening weekends, somethings are fairly apparent. This guy has absolutely no interest in Munster's long-term future. He'll be happy if Munster scrape a a pro 14 title, that he can put on his CV and then he'll go somewhere else for more money. With him Casey, Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will also go as they will want more than 2 bench appearances per year.
                              Rob Kearney's young fellow played for Leinster last week - scored a hat trick too, I reckon we could see him play for Ireland yet. They have a McFadden lad playing tonight another huge prospect.

Comment

I have been fairly neutral on Van Graan so far, but having looked at the teams selected for the opening weekends, somethings are fairly apparent. This guy has absolutely no interest in Munster's long-term future. He'll be happy if Munster scrape a a pro 14 title, that he can put on his CV and then he'll go somewhere else for more money. With him Casey, Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan will also go as they will want more than 2 bench appearances per year.
                                I'd share some of your sentiments but I think this is over the top. The only ones really missing out at the moment are Coombes (I don't like the Holloway signing!) and Nash (who picked up a knock against London Irish. Let's see what happens Casey, Hodnett and O'Sullivan over the course of the year. There are some cause for concern and also some cause for optimism on how they are being integrated into the senior set-up. Personally I hope the reason JOS is not traveling is due to his studies and if that is the case then I think he himself will be appreciative of the set-up.

on the 6/2 split in the beck that others have mentioned it was the same last week. Larkham has said publicly that he wants to see an improvement of the ball handling skills of the pack. This might be the best way to test what he is asking of them on the training ground; giving more of them time on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X