No announcement yet.

Pro 14 games in sth africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great player rotation—- something our international coach could learn from!!!

Comment

Great player rotation provided we don't take an absolute rinsing. The fabled LBP would be a genuinely good result.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

A win would put a massive marker down for the season. The Cheetahs were hard to beat at home last year and they are a much better side this year. I'd be happy with a solid performance where our attacking patterns bed in some more and a 4-1 or 5-2 loss.
        Ya cant see too many teams beating them in South Africa this year. they have looked very good so far. Hopefully we will put up a good showing anyway.
        A win would be a massive bonus

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

I am considerably more interested in this game than Ireland v Samoa. Just sayin'.
          Excellent....there's a place in hell being warmed for you as we speak. I'm guessing a lot of us here on this site may end up being your neighbours!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
            Great player rotation provided we don't take an absolute rinsing. The fabled LBP would be a genuinely good result.
            I can't see where any of the rotations weaken us though, can you? Maybe O'Byrne to start seeing as he's been in such good form, while Marshall's performances had dipped a bit last season from his previous high standards. Possibly at 9, if Mathewson started ahead of McCarthy? But that's based on my having seen very little of McCarthy to date. As for our 10s, I haven't seen anything for a fair while to indicate one of Tyler/JJ is head & shoulders above the other (admittedly because there were times last year when both of them were equally sh1te), while Holland is a shrewder & more experienced player than O'Shea so IMO strengthens us. Coombes is young, aggressive and has a lot of pace for a back rower, so he's a good option to bring on when the thinness of the air is starting to make one of the starters struggle.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Really looking forward to this. G’wan Munster
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Don’t know why I didn’t mention him! I had him in mind as a challenger at 6 and 8 too. Don’t see him as a 7, even though he’s played there for us numerous times.
                Opposition taken into account he's been excellent IMO. I'd love to see him at 8 with CJ at 6 and POM at 7. I think he did an interview before where he said Foley played him at 7 to understand what it's like to play there and further evolve his skills as a No 8.
                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

Opposition taken into account he's been excellent IMO. I'd love to see him at 8 with CJ at 6 and POM at 7. I think he did an interview before where he said Foley played him at 7 to understand what it's like to play there and further evolve his skills as a No 8.
                  Don't think he really has the power for 8 that's required these days. He's a bit more rangy and better suited to 6 IMHO. Would be happy to be proved wrong but lads like JOS and Hodnett coming through look more in the CJ mold.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                    Great player rotation—- something our international coach could learn from!!!
                    Yeah, have to agree. JVG could easily have gone with most of the same players he put out there in the first two weeks, but he's chosen to rotate. Gives guys a chance to put their hands up, show what they've got for longer stretches of a game and rests some guys. Schmidt playing Stander this week again is borderline criminal. Bringing and hanging onto too many injured players is forcing this mess. O'Mahony on the bench despite Ruddock not picking up a noteworthy injury is absurd. Murphy can't play b/c that rib is obviously not right, so lets not give guys who've played a ton of minutes a rest. Schmidt's final year as Ireland coach is puzzling. This whole "well, he didn't train well on tuesday, so he can't play at the weekend" stuff is nonsense. Beauden Barrett could be in a full body cast on a Tuesday, but if he was tearing up the training pitch on Friday, he'd be playing Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Excellent....there's a place in hell being warmed for you as we speak. I'm guessing a lot of us here on this site may end up being your neighbours!
                      What a relief....I thought it was just me!
                      Is the match available on any TV channel or stream?
                      'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post

What a relief....I thought it was just me!
                        Is the match available on any TV channel or stream?
                        For those of us in the UK, the Premier tv deal gives fab value. Mr Chips posts a very useful rugby on tv update ...

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

For those of us in the UK, the Premier tv deal gives fab value. Mr Chips posts a very useful rugby on tv update ...
                          Thanks for that, is it in this thread, cant seem to find it?
                          'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Sorry - neil_m posts the info...

Fri Oct 11 5:15pm Cheetahs v Munster Premier Sports 1 / Eir Sport 1 / TG4 Highlights 9:30pm

Comment

It's not me but neill_m who posts the rugby on TV updates - most recent post HERE.

There's also a site called wheresthematch.com which is pretty useful for knowing when & on what channels games are on, although it has once or twice incorrectly indicated that a game isn't being broadcast when it is.

If you can't view the game live and need a stream, it's worth heading over to reddit to send a request to kingtiger to join his group HERE. He puts up codes for viewing the games via Ace Player. Don't leave it till kickoff to do this - get it sorted this evening!!!! I used to be able to post the codes here but can't do that any more.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I have been very impressed with the composure that JJ Hanrahan has shown during the opening to the season. He seems far more settled and happy with his role in the team. Sticking to 10 is a huge confidence boost I would imagine. His kicking at the posts has been excellent, going into contact seems more planned and there's always that edge where he can go off the cuff too. Hoping this is the resurrection of the Double Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                                X