MATCH THREAD: Munster Vs Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    For Tyler’s try, K’OB threw into the lineout, took the ball as SH and fired it out, then stepped in at first receiver off the ensuing ruck and put Tyler away with a deft little pass. Roy of the Rovers stuff!
    https://twitter.com/threeredkings/st...45503474417664
    "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
    Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
      Other thing I noticed about O’Byrne was the quality of his footwork. He’s more mobile and elusive than I realised. Looked very sharp. Could be ready to challenge Scannell and Marshall this year.

Comment

Other thing I noticed about O’Byrne was the quality of his footwork. He’s more mobile and elusive than I realised. Looked very sharp. Could be ready to challenge Scannell and Marshall this year.
        IMO one of the, if not the most improved Munster squad players, in the past 2 years. No longer a big drop down from Niall/Rhys, but an able stand in. Lots of hard work gone in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenny View Post
          McCarthy played well, could push alby. Daly very impressive. Loughman good at carrying and scrum. I'm still waiting for the real JJ to emerge and refuse to believe that he's merely a solid pro14 level player.
          You're singing my song there - JJ is such a talented player with a rare skillset. I am fascinated to see what Larkham can do to improve the players we have, just below first XV level - JJ, Goggin, Nash, Wooton, Daly, Wren, Coombes L, maybe even Haley who is waaay off top level ino.

Comment

playing backrow and hooker at underage factor in that?
            Would be good to have another guy step up for hooker especially if Scannell is involved more with Ireland

Comment

Just watched it again- lots of positives there, unless you are a dragon. JOD and TOD did great work, as did Billy. Tidy (mostly) by JJ and TB, but for me, Shane Daly’s very intelligent play (chip with outside of right foot to keep ball in play for try, busy throughout) was the standout. A dry day and he’ll be magic to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                Just watched it again- lots of positives there, unless you are a dragon. JOD and TOD did great work, as did Billy. Tidy (mostly) by JJ and TB, but for me, Shane Daly’s very intelligent play (chip with outside of right foot to keep ball in play for try, busy throughout) was the standout. A dry day and he’ll be magic to watch.
                The pen out on the full was a bit of a lowlight for JJ
                ​​
                ​​​​​​It can happen, overall though I thought it was his most error free game in as long as I can remember
                I am the million man.

Comment

Larkham must have got the forwards job watching some of the rugby on Saturday.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

Larkham must have got the forwards job watching some of the rugby on Saturday.
                    Officially he is SENIOR coach. Unofficially he is the attack coach. In both cases I'm glad to see he is working with all the players as for too fuppin long now our pack seem to think that their job is to win the ball, keep it for a few minutes through one-out runners and then get out of the way when the backs have it. If we have notions of lifting trophies then all 15 players on the pitch are going t have to be comfortable passing and running at soft shoulders. Nice to be able to see it done in horrible conditions in the first hit out of the season with 12 internationals missing.

Comment

Is there anywhere I can get a replay of the game. Went to pub to watch it and forgot to record. Would love to sit down and watch it again. Between the LI game and the Dragons you can see a whole new attack system bedding in

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Officially he is SENIOR coach. Unofficially he is the attack coach. In both cases I'm glad to see he is working with all the players as for too fuppin long now our pack seem to think that their job is to win the ball, keep it for a few minutes through one-out runners and then get out of the way when the backs have it. If we have notions of lifting trophies then all 15 players on the pitch are going t have to be comfortable passing and running at soft shoulders. Nice to be able to see it done in horrible conditions in the first hit out of the season with 12 internationals missing.
                        Our forwards also seem to think that, when they get within 5 yards of the opposition's Goal Line, they need to go for endless pick and drives. They never seem to think of letting the ball out in such circumstances.

Hopefully this will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Our forwards also seem to think that, when they get within 5 yards of the opposition's Goal Line, they need to go for endless pick and drives. They never seem to think of letting the ball out in such circumstances.

It's a great tactic to pull in players who have to defend the line but too often we just pass the ball to players without momentum who are easily stopped ,heads up rugby is needed and someone calling the shots ,should be the 9 in theory.

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post

It's a great tactic to pull in players who have to defend the line but too often we just pass the ball to players without momentum who are easily stopped ,heads up rugby is needed and someone calling the shots ,should be the 9 in theory.
                            There's not much point in pulling in players if you don't let the ball out to where those players have come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

I used to like the way wed control the ball, keep it tight and tie in the cover- at its best there’s a relentlessness, that dominates the opposition, and allows for a fast release to wider men. Opposition now seem better at making this chaotic, or its refereed differently- but for me the multiman pick and go, reset and god again, a yard st a time is part of Munster magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                                Is there anywhere I can get a replay of the game. Went to pub to watch it and forgot to record. Would love to sit down and watch it again. Between the LI game and the Dragons you can see a whole new attack system bedding in
                                Allegedly Premier Sports Monday 9pm. Also, acrossthetasman is highly recommended, if you're into torrents.
                                Last edited by aupa les rouges; 30th-September-2019, 11:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X