Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomond Park naming rights discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by McCloud View Post

    Why should it after all it is talking about maximising the value of the brand that is Munster.
    Agreed. Sell the naming rights!
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

      Agreed. Sell the naming rights!

      Yes, agreed, the time has come to take the sponsor's shilling.

      Comment


        #78
        "Irish Independent Park 2"
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

        Comment


          #79
          No interest in taking the bait here, all that needs to be articulated concerning the Historical Iconic Stadium that is 'Thomond Park' & will remain Thomond Park has been exhausted. The opposition to selling the name Thomond Park has been successful for 12 years and counting! Our case/argument will be shared directly with Munster Rugby - this forum is not intended to & will not serve any useful purpose in preserving the Worldwide Brand that is 'Thomond Park'.

          Comment


            #80
            Claptrap. Worldwide Brand my hole.

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
              No interest in taking the bait here, all that needs to be articulated concerning the Historical Iconic Stadium that is 'Thomond Park' & will remain Thomond Park has been exhausted. The opposition to selling the name Thomond Park has been successful for 12 years and counting! Our case/argument will be shared directly with Munster Rugby - this forum is not intended to & will not serve any useful purpose in preserving the Worldwide Brand that is 'Thomond Park'.
              Ian Flanagan will push a naming rights sale through as soon as he is happy with an offer. He has clearly stated that Munster are too reliant on ticket sales.

              Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Phileas Frog View Post
                Claptrap. Worldwide Brand my hole.
                Wonderful, insightful & intelligent contribution!

                Comment


                  #83
                  Irish 2 Independent Park?
                  Gwan Joe!!

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                    Ian Flanagan will push a naming rights sale through as soon as he is happy with an offer. He has clearly stated that Munster are too reliant on ticket sales.

                    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                    Ian Flanagan is just getting settled into the CEO role & all Munster Rugby Supporters wish him the best of luck in these trying financial times. However, taking the easy option to raise an insignificant amount of money in overall budgetary terms (& committed to giving 50% of it to the IRFU) on such a divisive issue is not the only or wise option. What we need now more than ever is a unity of purpose to survive & grow Munster Rugby on and off the pitch.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
                      No interest in taking the bait here, all that needs to be articulated concerning the Historical Iconic Stadium that is 'Thomond Park' & will remain Thomond Park has been exhausted. The opposition to selling the name Thomond Park has been successful for 12 years and counting! Our case/argument will be shared directly with Munster Rugby - this forum is not intended to & will not serve any useful purpose in preserving the Worldwide Brand that is 'Thomond Park'.
                      That's what taking the bait looks like to me anyway
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Phileas Frog View Post
                        Claptrap. Worldwide Brand my hole.

                        Yep, pure fantasy, people in the Rugby World may know about Munster but it ain't going to bring in coin, might sell the odd jersey to collectors, coin to support this word "brand" has to come locally.

                        Comment


                          #87


                          Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post

                          Ian Flanagan is just getting settled into the CEO role & all Munster Rugby Supporters wish him the best of luck in these trying financial times. However, taking the easy option to raise an insignificant amount of money in overall budgetary terms (& committed to giving 50% of it to the IRFU) on such a divisive issue is not the only or wise option. What we need now more than ever is a unity of purpose to survive & grow Munster Rugby on and off the pitch.
                          Ian Flanagan has a vastly changed brief from the brief Garrett had, part of that is to aggressively work on Munster Rugby finances, insignificant amount? Unity of purpose for supporters will come with success ,which will come with better funding through the province,which partly will come from having another stream of income from which to service the debt.

                          Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post

                            Ian Flanagan is just getting settled into the CEO role & all Munster Rugby Supporters wish him the best of luck in these trying financial times. However, taking the easy option to raise an insignificant amount of money in overall budgetary terms (& committed to giving 50% of it to the IRFU) on such a divisive issue is not the only or wise option. What we need now more than ever is a unity of purpose to survive & grow Munster Rugby on and off the pitch.
                            What is needed now is cash flow and plenty of it, so what if IRFU get half the naming rights, they own 50%, without their input in the first place the joint does not get re-built.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              That's what taking the bait looks like to me anyway
                              True, I couldn't resist taking a nibble but our ammunition is dry and ready, hopefully for the sake of unity never to be used.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Lazarus View Post



                                Ian Flanagan has a vastly changed brief from the brief Garrett had, part of that is to aggressively work on Munster Rugby finances, insignificant amount? Unity of purpose for supporters will come with success ,which will come with better funding through the province,which partly will come from having another stream of income from which to service the debt.

                                Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                                You should get the job of PR for Munster Rugby.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X