Thomond Park naming rights discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCloud View Post

Why should it after all it is talking about maximising the value of the brand that is Munster.
    Agreed. Sell the naming rights!
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Agreed. Sell the naming rights!

Yes, agreed, the time has come to take the sponsor's shilling.

Comment

"Irish Independent Park 2"
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

No interest in taking the bait here, all that needs to be articulated concerning the Historical Iconic Stadium that is 'Thomond Park' & will remain Thomond Park has been exhausted. The opposition to selling the name Thomond Park has been successful for 12 years and counting! Our case/argument will be shared directly with Munster Rugby - this forum is not intended to & will not serve any useful purpose in preserving the Worldwide Brand that is 'Thomond Park'.

Comment

Claptrap. Worldwide Brand my hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
              No interest in taking the bait here, all that needs to be articulated concerning the Historical Iconic Stadium that is 'Thomond Park' & will remain Thomond Park has been exhausted. The opposition to selling the name Thomond Park has been successful for 12 years and counting! Our case/argument will be shared directly with Munster Rugby - this forum is not intended to & will not serve any useful purpose in preserving the Worldwide Brand that is 'Thomond Park'.
              Ian Flanagan will push a naming rights sale through as soon as he is happy with an offer. He has clearly stated that Munster are too reliant on ticket sales.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phileas Frog View Post
                Wonderful, insightful & intelligent contribution!

Comment

Irish 2 Independent Park?
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                    Ian Flanagan will push a naming rights sale through as soon as he is happy with an offer. He has clearly stated that Munster are too reliant on ticket sales.

Ian Flanagan is just getting settled into the CEO role & all Munster Rugby Supporters wish him the best of luck in these trying financial times. However, taking the easy option to raise an insignificant amount of money in overall budgetary terms (& committed to giving 50% of it to the IRFU) on such a divisive issue is not the only or wise option. What we need now more than ever is a unity of purpose to survive & grow Munster Rugby on and off the pitch.

Comment

That's what taking the bait looks like to me anyway
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Phileas Frog View Post

Yep, pure fantasy, people in the Rugby World may know about Munster but it ain't going to bring in coin, might sell the odd jersey to collectors, coin to support this word "brand" has to come locally.

Comment

Ian Flanagan is just getting settled into the CEO role & all Munster Rugby Supporters wish him the best of luck in these trying financial times. However, taking the easy option to raise an insignificant amount of money in overall budgetary terms (& committed to giving 50% of it to the IRFU) on such a divisive issue is not the only or wise option. What we need now more than ever is a unity of purpose to survive & grow Munster Rugby on and off the pitch.
                          Ian Flanagan has a vastly changed brief from the brief Garrett had, part of that is to aggressively work on Munster Rugby finances, insignificant amount? Unity of purpose for supporters will come with success ,which will come with better funding through the province,which partly will come from having another stream of income from which to service the debt.

Comment

What is needed now is cash flow and plenty of it, so what if IRFU get half the naming rights, they own 50%, without their input in the first place the joint does not get re-built.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              That's what taking the bait looks like to me anyway
                              True, I couldn't resist taking a nibble but our ammunition is dry and ready, hopefully for the sake of unity never to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post

Ian Flanagan has a vastly changed brief from the brief Garrett had, part of that is to aggressively work on Munster Rugby finances, insignificant amount? Unity of purpose for supporters will come with success ,which will come with better funding through the province,which partly will come from having another stream of income from which to service the debt.

You should get the job of PR for Munster Rugby.

Comment

Working...
                                X