Celtic Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neliog93 View Post
    I think in general (including with the underage club interprovincial sides), the underage coaching in Leinster is ahead of the other provinces. There is good organisation and an emphasis on passing, handling and skill development. I don't think Munster or Connacht can wholly blame the (relative) lack of productivity of their academies on smaller population, fewer private schools, or less resources, although it definitely doesn't help. Wallowing in self-pity and looking for excuses won't help the situation.
    connacht skills development emphasis on passing is up there with best leinster can offer. They just will produce less based on population

Comment

Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post

Munster schools defeated Leinster schools in the recent interpros.

CBC and PBC are not far off St. Michaels/Blackrock in terms of support/coaching structures.
      that's just two schools. Rest pretty much cant compete with any of those schools in terms of resources

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        that's just two schools. Rest pretty much cant compete with any of those schools in terms of resources
        Did I say they could?

Munster u18 schools defeated Leinster u18 schools this season, so the gap isn't that big at underage level.

Munster relies hugely on players for the academy from CBC Cork and PBC Cork, just like Leinster relies on St. Michaels and Blackrock.

Comment

You can only field 15 so it does not matter how many come through Leinster academy other provinces will benefit in long run

Comment

Munster A: Alan Tynan(Roscrea); Jonathan Wren(PBC), Harry O’Riordan(CBC)(u19), Pa Ryan(ArdScoil), Rob Hedderman(CBC); Ben Healy(Glenstal), Charlie O’Doherty(Newcastle West)(u20) ; Josh Wycherley(Roscrea)(Capt), Scott Buckley(CBC)(u20), James Kendrick(Rockwell); Eoin O’Connor(Waterpark)(u20), Paddy Kelly(St. Munchins)(u20); Cian Hurley(CBC)(u20), David Hyland(PBC), Luke Clohessy(Ardscoil).

Replacements: Kieran O’Shea(Castletroy)(u20), Luke Masters(CBC), Dylan Murphy(Roscrea), Evan Murphy(Nenagh)(u20), Daniel Okeke(Ardscoil)(u19), Ethan Coughlan(Ennis)(u18), Jack Crowley(Bandon)(u20), Jack Delaney(Crescent)(u19)

Comment

Very busy weekend for Ben Healy!
              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Munster A: Jack Crowley(U20); Rob Hedderman, Harry O’Riordan(U19), Jack Delaney(U20), Louis Bruce(U20); Ben Healy, Craig Casey (C); Corrie Barrett, Scott Buckley(U20), James Kendrick; Cian Hurley(U20), Paddy Kelly(U20); David Hyland, John Hodnett, Luke Clohessy.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Luke Masters, Dylan Murphy, Thomas Ahern(U20), Daniel Okeke(U19), Bailey Faloon, Charlie O’Doherty(U20), Jamie Shanahan(U19).

Comment

Munster A lead 28-7 73 gone. An outrageous Yellow Card for Hedderman there now for a deliberate Knock on on the Cardiff 10-Yard line.

60 yards out from goal and Sir awards a Yellow

Harsh in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                    Munster A lead 28-7 73 gone. An outrageous Yellow Card for Hedderman there now for a deliberate Knock on on the Cardiff 10-Yard line.

60 yards out from goal and Sir awards a Yellow

Harsh in the extreme.
                    Who’s playing well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Who’s playing well?

Healy at Out Half, Casey at Scrum Half, the forwards, particularly Clohessy at 8 played well. The set pieces were good. In attack, the backs, when they got the ball, did well.

The back three often seemed to me to get mixed up between them when handling kicks ahead and there were a few missed tackles by both backs and forwards but on the other hand, there were a few tackles both in midfield and close to the Goal line that impressed.

O'Riordan, the number 13, if the team list was correct, made a last ditch, try-saving tackle in the corner at the expense of his shoulder towards the end of the first half. He wasn't taken off 'till well into the second half. Maybe he's fine, I don't know.

Paddy Kelly, (5 ) was injured in the last minute or so but walked off under his own steam.

Comment

Cheers! Healy looks a real talent alright, and I’ve a suspicion Casey could pass out Cronin and even McCarthy this year

\"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Thanks for the reports _ we had a remarkably young side out, and I’m delighted they had a good win.

We clearly have decided to treat this as a u21 competition- which is tough for the lads when they get slaughtered(week before last)- and I’m good with that as long as we are doing so consistently, backing up the guys who play, and there is a clear plan. A few weeks ago I had hoped we would use it as a means of sorting out our senior squad ( for example we have three dozen named for our next game and a dozen in Japan- fantastic player base, but I don’t want to have endless games again this season where we are perming combinations trying to decide who should be our starting squad and honing that to the hCUP competitor we all want). Others comments were to the effect that the basis of the selection would change as time went on.

It hasn’t changed, and I can see good reason for that- BUT... if each and everyone of these lads is a year away from challenging for a senior squad place that’s OK, but otherwise we end up with the traffic jam we have had for the last couple of years and worse.just to be concrete about this, who will be our Hcup half backs, starting and benching, next year (20/21)? Is there actually a plan to get from here to there?

Comment

The Munster A side has been named by Head Coach Peter Malone ahead of Friday’s clash against Ulster A in the Celtic Cup at Shaw’s Bridge in Belfast (5pm).

There are nine changes to the side beaten in Cardiff last week.

Ben Healy captains the side once again and is partnered by senior scrum-half Craig Casey in the half-backs.

Brian Scott makes his return from injury to start in the front row for his first match action of 2019 with fellow senior players Seán O’Connor and Conor Oliver starting in the pack.

Academy players Alan Tynan, Seán French, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan, John Hodnett and Jack Stafford are also included in the 23.

UCC’s Daniel O’Connor is included among the replacements and could make his first appearance at this level.

Munster A: Alan Tynan; Seán French, Alex McHenry, Jack Delaney, Liam Coombes; Ben Healy (C), Craig Casey; Corrie Barrett, Kieran O’Shea, Brian Scott; Seán O’Connor, Cian Hurley; Conor Oliver, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Daniel O’Connor, Mark Donnelly, James Kendrick, Luke Clohessy, John Hodnett, Jack Stafford, Jack Crowley, Jamie Shanahan.
                            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Is Jake Flannery injured?

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                                The Munster A side has been named by Head Coach Peter Malone ahead of Friday’s clash against Ulster A in the Celtic Cup at Shaw’s Bridge in Belfast (5pm).

There are nine changes to the side beaten in Cardiff last week.

Ben Healy captains the side once again and is partnered by senior scrum-half Craig Casey in the half-backs.

Brian Scott makes his return from injury to start in the front row for his first match action of 2019 with fellow senior players Seán O’Connor and Conor Oliver starting in the pack.

Academy players Alan Tynan, Seán French, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan, John Hodnett and Jack Stafford are also included in the 23.

UCC’s Daniel O’Connor is included among the replacements and could make his first appearance at this level.

Munster A: Alan Tynan; Seán French, Alex McHenry, Jack Delaney, Liam Coombes; Ben Healy (C), Craig Casey; Corrie Barrett, Kieran O’Shea, Brian Scott; Seán O’Connor, Cian Hurley; Conor Oliver, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Daniel O’Connor, Mark Donnelly, James Kendrick, Luke Clohessy, John Hodnett, Jack Stafford, Jack Crowley, Jamie Shanahan.
                                Good mixture of guys who’ve had a senior game or two, but are yet to force their way in, and guys whose time is probably further ahead. Much prefer this to and u20 squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X