Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster chasing in-demand Mathieu Bastareaud with 'concrete offer'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I'd be surprised if Farrell doesn't travel, tbh. I think Henshaw/Aki/Ringrose/Farrell are his 4.

    That will leave us with Scannell, Goggin, Arnold, plus TB/JJ slotting.

    Another body wouldn't go amiss, but at that price?
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

    "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


    "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
      I'd be surprised if Farrell doesn't travel, tbh. I think Henshaw/Aki/Ringrose/Farrell are his 4.

      That will leave us with Scannell, Goggin, Arnold, plus TB/JJ slotting.

      Another body wouldn't go amiss, but at that price?
      We have Daly and French too, at a push. We don’t really need cover.

      Comment


        #33
        JJ interviewed by Barry Murphy and/or Andrew Trimble in the Spring rather downplayed the idea of playing 12, saying that he wasn't big enough. Thinks of himself more as a 10/15. As far as I remember.

        Comment


          #34
          Concrete and Bastereaud are exactly what I think when I look at him.
          Also Chicken Hut
          Life is good

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by coolbawn View Post
            JJ interviewed by Barry Murphy and/or Andrew Trimble in the Spring rather downplayed the idea of playing 12, saying that he wasn't big enough. Thinks of himself more as a 10/15. As far as I remember.
            He might do, but when I’ve seen him at 15 he hasn’t seemed secure under a high ball, when it’s used as an attacking ploy (rather than kicked away so that it is run back). Far less secure than Conway or Haley. Very strong attack sense, just as at 10 when he’s playing well, but I don’t see him as FB. JJ is two inches taller and half a stone lighter than Scannell.
            Last edited by jagawayagain; 9th-July-2019, 06:39.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

              We have Daly and French too, at a push. We don’t really need cover.
              We don't actually play them though...

              Comment


                #37
                Besides Sean, who was the last French player to play for Munster (and I think the only french player to play for Munster in the HEC)?
                Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                Comment


                  #38
                  Can't see this happening at all. Rugbypass posts rubbish continuously btw.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                    Besides Sean, who was the last French player to play for Munster (and I think the only french player to play for Munster in the HEC)?
                    If you mean a player of French nationality, Julien Brugnaut IIRC.
                    Tis but a scratch.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by mr chips View Post

                      If you mean a player of French nationality, Julien Brugnaut IIRC.
                      indeed, I believe he was the only one to have played for Munster.
                      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

                        We don't actually play them though...
                        Daly has played a bit and, in fairness, he’s been off with the 7s team quite a bit.

                        French is only an U20. Not many of those lads have played Pro14. I expect we’ll see both lads get some game time next season.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Complete rubbish no interest in this player at all. Agent playing the game I bet.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                            Daly has played a bit and, in fairness, he’s been off with the 7s team quite a bit.

                            French is only an U20. Not many of those lads have played Pro14. I expect we’ll see both lads get some game time next season.
                            Would be good to see both of them running out!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post
                              Complete rubbish no interest in this player at all. Agent playing the game I bet.
                              And today L'Equipe reveals that Sarries were interested by him at the same time as us. agent's pure bull****.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by frombrittany View Post

                                And today L'Equipe reveals that Sarries were interested by him at the same time as us. agent's pure bull****.
                                Now that I can see- three or four months of. If money add a few to the gates- everyone’s happy, no one cares.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X