Munster chasing in-demand Mathieu Bastareaud with 'concrete offer'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Well, if nothing else it would give the Zebo weightwatchers obsessives some new material.
    Whilst we are dreaming, BiggMatt and The Z would be some duo to bring into the side

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
      Just no. Makes no sense to me TBH. We’re in a relatively easy conference in the PRO14. We’ve enough depth and quality at centre. Farrell & Scannell prob won’t go to the World Cup if Henshaw, Ringrose & Aki are fit. At a time we’re trying to balance books and pay of debt I see no logic or potential in this move.

Hopefully all a load of boll*x! But worried RTÉ are reporting it.
      Maybe Munster are expecting Farrell to go and are looking for short term cover at 13.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

He could show some of our forwards how to poach.

Balls, not eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
          Sounds great if it happens. Can see why people would be a bit unsure, but it's short term, the lad is a bulldozer which is something we lack, and he's an international captain.

I'd be wary that he may actually end up at the WC after all - or is that not possible if he's not listed on the standby?
          I have no real objection to us signing him- a for a bit of short term sparkle. However, what I’d really prefer is to use the fact we have a handy conference, and a WC going on that gives us an opportunity to try to see what JJ/TB can do at 12, give Arnold and Goggin, and maybe Nash a run outside, and see how we go.

Recruiting someone like Basterau would just be a distraction from developing the game we need to enable us to make sustained progress. He’s a one off, even if he did famously for us til December, we would then need to develop different game plans for when he wasn’t there. He would inevitably prevent one of those mentioned above from playing- and that’s where the future lies.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
            Sounds great if it happens. Can see why people would be a bit unsure, but it's short term, the lad is a bulldozer which is something we lack, and he's an international captain.

I'd be wary that he may actually end up at the WC after all - or is that not possible if he's not listed on the standby?
            Very possibly he's travelling for personal reasons. He can get absolutely pissed without having any obligation to his country or Macron having to apologize for him. That must be quite a revelation for him

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Whilst we are dreaming, BiggMatt and The Z would be some duo to bring into the side
              Aye, and a return for Nick Williams too while we're at it. May as well think big.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Think of the burger sales!!
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Aye, and a return for Nick Williams too while we're at it. May as well think big.
                  Mushy at 15?

Comment

Mushy had good hands. I'd say scrumhalf.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Mushy had good hands. I'd say scrumhalf.
                      Like the way we’re thinking here, a few of those “French” props and we’ll need a double decker team bus

Comment

A new song for the fans..

”Who ate all the pies,
                        who ate all the pies....”
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                          A new song for the fans..

”Who ate all the pies,
                          who ate all the pies....”
                          Zeebo
                          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Wood be great if it happened. Put plenty of bums on seats.

Comment

"To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

I can't see any interest for us to sign short term with him, we have young fellas to developp. sounds like bollicks from bastardall's representatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X