Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike sherry

Mike sherry retires from the game .
    great player for us in his day ,best of luck mike with whatever you do next .SUAF
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

To hear about the extent of the injury he had and to actually make it back to play again is a credit to Mike's determination. In his day an exceptional player with a great try scoring record. Many a player would have called it a day well before he did. I wish him all the best with his next step.

Comment

For the want of a small bit of luck he could be heading for Japan as first choice hooker with the doubts that exists over Besty, Sherry was a Great player, always loved to see him getting over the ball, he was as good as any BR we had for poaching.
      Last edited by lawrence; 1st-July-2019, 12:42.

Comment

He had some drive to keep going after all the injuries. I had to laugh at the last line of his retirement message where he says he's proud to be a member of Axel's 1 Cap Wonder Team :) Best of luck to him in his retirement.
        Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          For the want of a small bit of luck he could be heading for Japan as first choice hooker with the doubts that exists over Beaty, Sherry was a Great player, always loved to see him getting over the ball, he was as good as any BR we had for poaching.
          I really think that with a little bit of luck he could have been a legend. Fine margins at that level.

Comment

Best of luck Mike. Thanks for all your commitment to Munster
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

That's a bit of a heartbreaker. We all know the long, long road he had to take in order to get back playing at all - I really hoped he would get at least another year of regular game time in the coming season. Not to be, sadly. All the best to him for life after rugby.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A really good player who’s rugby career was plagued by injury. Says a lot about his character he stuck with it until now. Could of easily packed it in years ago.
                "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

I really don’t know how these players can keep on coming back injury after injury. But shows the importance of planning for the post rugby career. We also need a safer game.

Comment

Difficult on the day when preseason resumes to declare your career has been cut short by injury. I'm sure he knew for some time but still doesn't make it easy. Good luck whatever you decide upon in the future.

Comment

Best of luck Mike, thanks for everything
                      To The Brave & Faithful ......

Comment

Untimely injuries and some unfortunate selections essentially stalled what could have been a multi-cap career. A real warrior. Best of luck for the future Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                          Untimely injuries and some unfortunate selections essentially stalled what could have been a multi-cap career. A real warrior. Best of luck for the future Mike.
                          Which unfortunate selections?

Comment

... so it wasn't to do with selections?

Comment

Working...
                            X