It had to happen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had to happen!

I should have put money on us being in same Pool!

A word of warning part of our ground is being rebuilt so our capacity is down to 8500 next season I'm not sure if we can extend or if we might move but keep an eye on it re tickets!

Some advice please I've never for various reasons visited your iconic ground. Where would be bext for the Supporters Assoc to base themselves we don't travel in your numbers but should have 200/300 or so. What pubs do you recommend?

Thanks Alun

Originally posted by Gryff View Post

A word of warning part of our ground is being rebuilt so our capacity is down to 8500 next season I'm not sure if we can extend or if we might move but keep an eye on it re tickets!

Some advice please I've never for various reasons visited your iconic ground. Where would be bext for the Supporters Assoc to base themselves we don't travel in your numbers but should have 200/300 or so. What pubs do you recommend?

Thanks Alun
    To be honest, and not intending any arrogance, but I think you’re the only ones with a worse draw than us!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

To be honest, and not intending any arrogance, but I think you’re the only ones with a worse draw than us!
      Oops despite my name and backgound I should have made clear I'm a Sarries supporter lol

Comment

In that case, top of section 212 is probably best. Regarding pubs, try the Cauldron or the Rock Bar. They're just over the river from Thomond Park and they're pinned on google maps with photos.

Comment

Wembley it is then....
          PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
            Wembley it is then....
            We don't use Wemb;ey any more our current deal is with Spurs and we've been using the London stadium but who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
              In that case, top of section 212 is probably best. Regarding pubs, try the Cauldron or the Rock Bar. They're just over the river from Thomond Park and they're pinned on google maps with photos.
              Thanks for the advice

Comment

Thanks for the advice
                There are better bars - we will send a list
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
                  Wembley it is then....
                  Or Spurs new ground..... heres an idea, have it as double header with Sarries v Munster & Quins Vs Ulster and we can have three sets of fans shouting for Munster
                  Last edited by lawrence; 21st-June-2019, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Or Spurs new ground..... heres an idea, have it as double header with Sarries v Munster & Quins Vs Ulster and we can have three sets of fans shouting for Munster
                    Just leave it at Sarries v Munster, still have 3/4's of the place shouting for Munster... ;o)

Comment

Thanks for the advice
                      It was a joke. You'll get plenty of genuinine advice.

Comment

Two of the better known/more popular pubs within walking distance of Thomond Park are JJ Bowles and the Curragower, both within 5-10 minutes of the ground. They usually end up rammed on matchdays but they're good pubs. Both overlook the Shannon - the Curragower is a restaurant as well and has a wider range of beers than Bowles. The Strand Hotel is a big shiny swanky place a couple of minutes' walk further on - good place to spot former players, if that interests you. The Red Hen at the north end of O'Connell Street has a few local beers on tap, and you can't go wrong in the likes of Flannerys, Jerry Flannerys, Mother Macs, Tom Collins and of course Dolans (which is a bit further out) - to be honest, it won't be hard to find a decent spot. Of course there are bars in the stadium itself and if you're very nice someone might bring you into the MRSC bar - technically it's one guest allowed per member, but it's not too strictly enforced unless the place is rammed.

No matter where you are in the ground, opposition supporters are expected to be quiet and dignified at all times. Raised voices are frowned upon - an occasional politely supportive flutter of applause for your side is acceptable.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Thanks Alun
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	96
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2572256
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Do you reckon that the game will be moved to Tottenham's stadium or similar, instead of being played at Allianz Park?

Comment

The Ricoh is the obvious one, but hard to see it happening with the numbers the Semi got last season

Comment

Working...
                              X