Europe 19/20 group draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I think they will follow last year, English team away, home to Ospreys, back to back France, away to Ospreys and decided at TP.
    That may happen and equally it may not.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

There are twelve, equally possible, options.
      we can get any of the other three teams 1st and 6th. For each of these three teams, we can get one of the two remaining teams 2nd and 5th, leaving one team to be played 3rd and 4th. That's six possibilities.

We can be at home or away first in all six arrangements making twelve in all.
      Last edited by Piquet; 26th-June-2019, 17:01.

Comment

The later we get Racing the better. Hopefully be struggling/concentrating on the league at that point !
        "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
        Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Oh Ancient One, you are wise and just

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Given Piquets post above it is clear that ‘equally it may not’ is incorrect. (I can’t wait for there to be rugby to talk about again)

Comment

Given Piquets post above it is clear that ‘equally it may not’ is incorrect. (I can’t wait for there to be rugby to talk about again)
              It's yes or no, therefore 50:50. Just like winning the lottery either you do or you don't..... I'd much rather be sarcastic about rugby.

Comment

No red exile, while there are two options, one of them is more likely than the other.

You are mixing up possibility and probability.

Comment

Originally posted by red exile View Post

It's yes or no, therefore 50:50. Just like winning the lottery either you do or you don't..... I'd much rather be sarcastic about rugby.
                  I’d stick to that- maths clearly isn’t a strength

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                    The later we get Racing the better. Hopefully be struggling/concentrating on the league at that point !

And hopefully at home, and after Sariess have had them at home in a nil all draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      There are twelve, equally possible, options.
                      we can get any of the other three teams 1st and 6th. For each of these three teams, we can get one of the two remaining teams 2nd and 5th, leaving one team to be played 3rd and 4th. That's six possibilities.

We can be at home or away first in all six arrangements making twelve in all.
                      But Piquet,
                      there are 6 unordered possibilities as you say
                      X 2 for home or away in R1
                      X 2 for home or away in R3.

So, 24 in all?
                      With respect and humility O Great One

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

But Piquet,
                        there are 6 unordered possibilities as you say
                        X 2 for home or away in R1
                        X 2 for home or away in R3.

So, 24 in all?
                        With respect and humility O Great One
                        You leave me no option but to agree with you. I had assumed, erroneously as you point out, that being home in Round 1 would mean being at home also in Round 3.

On further reflection and remembering last year's fixtures, I see my error.

Comment

No red exile, while there are two options, one of them is more likely than the other.

You are mixing up possibility and probability.
                          I do realise that, I thought my example of winning or not winning the Lottery as 50:50 was plain enough for people to understand I was joking.

Comment

Fixtures will be announced in August according to the eprc site.

Comment

Fixtures will be announced in August according to the eprc site.
                              Thanks for posting- a bit vague though.

The trouble is while clubs and tv understandably manage things as a function of the RWC, so leaving things late for commercial reasons is sensible, those of us who always have a fair distance to travel to
                              get to game need as advance notice to plan ahead.

Comment

Thanks for posting- a bit vague though.

The trouble is while clubs and tv understandably manage things as a function of the RWC, so leaving things late for commercial reasons is sensible, those of us who always have a fair distance to travel to
                                get to game need as advance notice to plan ahead.
                                They're always announced mid August. 17th August last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X