Garrett Fitzgerald to retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    You could at the very least get his name right.
    At least it wasn’t Garth
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Have to hold my hand up and say that I was one of those who strongly felt he had overstayed in his role. Much of what he oversaw wasn't just good, it was superb. I think fresh eyes will be a good thing, although there are absolutely no guarantees. And certainly hope he gets to fully enjoy his retirement. It must have been one hell of a pressure cooker to be involved in for as long as he was and that cannot be easy. A well-earned and deserved rest to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
        20 years is a long time to run a organization, basically took it from the amateur age into the modern highly professional age it is now,

Don't know the man personally though he did manage to get me a ticket for the 2006 final (friend of a friend of a friend).

One thing said to me the other night was he was the reason why we don't see much of JP's money at Munster rugby, but then that was pub talk.
        If it's pub talk why feel the need to repeat it? The man managed to do you a favour by your own admission, yet you don't have the grace to stop yourself from repeating a pub talk comment to have a little dig.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post

If it's pub talk why feel the need to repeat it? The man managed to do you a favour by your own admission, yet you don't have the grace to stop yourself from repeating a pub talk comment to have a little dig.
          I'd respect Garrett all the more if it's true, sports teams becoming the playthings of the rich is becoming the ruination of sports .
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

I'd respect Garrett all the more if it's true, sports teams becoming the playthings of the rich is becoming the ruination of sports .
            Unfortunately the rumour in question is not one that paints a nice picture, but Sulla is well aware of that, yet can't resist trying to muddy waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post

It’s a discussion forum. If you try and stifle it, you’ll make the place like Fox News.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post

It’s a discussion forum. If you try and stifle it, you’ll make the place like Fox News.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ah, the it's a discussion forum line. Sulla knew exactly what he was doing. He's a storied mixer. This one is quite malevolent though. Anyway, that's me signing off.

Comment

I agree.

Whilst this place is indeed a discussion forum that's not an excuse to post a thinly veiled nasty comment.

Saying "that's only what I heard" in that context still doesn't make it acceptable either.

A bit of cop on goes a long way sometimes
                  Last edited by Miguel Sanchez; 4th-June-2019, 05:00.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

That's the thing about common sense, it's not that common.
                    "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Garrett oversaw massive changes in Munster one in which we should all be grateful for. I wish him and his family all the very best in his retirement.
                      If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Working...
                      X