X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garrett Fitzgerald to retire

More changes at Munster Rugby

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/05/30/g...T7m82qeaVn6rs0
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

The crisis worsens.

Comment

Good luck to him. A very nice gentleman.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Not unexpected with Philip Quinn taking the lead recently as acting CEO. It had been fashionable recently to blame Garrett for all our woes but he was there in the good times too!! Best wishes to him and his family for a long and happy retirement and many thanks for his services to Munster Rugby

Comment

Sad to hear of any person retiring under such circumstances. May he enjoy his retirement.

I get the feeling that the position will be moved to Limerick. I have heard at least one Journalist advocating this.

Comment

Originally posted by Allblackandblue View Post
            Sad to hear of any person retiring under such circumstances. May he enjoy his retirement.

I get the feeling that the position will be moved to Limerick. I have heard at least one Journalist advocating this.
            I'd be surprised, as has been mentioned Philip Quinn has been doing the role for most of the season due to garreths circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              The crisis worsens.
              Why is there a crisis? Thought it was only Dublin media pushing that one. If we land the coaches we want, we will all move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

I'd be surprised, as has been mentioned Philip Quinn has been doing the role for most of the season due to garreths circumstances
                Time will tell I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Why is there a crisis? Thought it was only Dublin media pushing that one. If we land the coaches we want, we will all move on.

No no no we’re doomed. It’s time to disband Munster and just concentrate on the other three provinces.

Comment

Did a cracking job getting Thomond build on time and on budget. Major achievement.

Only downfall was his involvement in the recruitment of managers since Kidney left on 08, generally been poor but it's obviously been difficult circumstances at times.

Comment

Best wishes to Gareth and his family..I remember being coached by him at U14 and that is a long time ago! Thanks for everything

Comment

What i will say about Gareth is that he is a proper munsterman and even though he was tough he was fair from a players perspective and had the respect of all underneath him.

Did a fantastic and sometimes thankless job taking us into the pro era, developing thomond as some have mentioned (and Musgrave too) and kept us competitive during some very lean financial years this decade. Blip aside with coaching tickets post McGahan (Penny/Axel) I thought he bounced back superbly and has managed our coaching staff really well since then with some very astute appointments. It really feels like the end of an era with him finishing but we have been planning for this for a while.

All the best with your well earned retirement Gareth, we wouldn't be here today if it wasnt for you.

Comment

You could at the very least get his name right.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

20 years is a long time to run a organization, basically took it from the amateur age into the modern highly professional age it is now,

Don't know the man personally though he did manage to get me a ticket for the 2006 final (friend of a friend of a friend).

One thing said to me the other night was he was the reason why we don't see much of JP's money at Munster rugby, but then that was pub talk.
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Best of luck to him a very nice man who as mentioned before bought Munster through some wonderful times.
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                              X