Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Club and player fall out over a covid paycut - agent rings journalist - journalist mentions a 'big' club in NH to generate interest, get player a new club

    Player signs for a French team.












    I've seen this movie before.
    Yeah, and news Tyler retired makes Munster an obvious choice

    Leave a comment:


  • Cowboy
    replied
    Club and player fall out over a covid paycut - agent rings journalist - journalist mentions a 'big' club in NH to generate interest, get player a new club

    Player signs for a French team.












    I've seen this movie before.

    Leave a comment:


  • coolbawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
    From the Ultimate rugby website - a 21 year old fly half Isaac Lucas from the super rugby franchise Reds is in talks with European teams for the upcoming season including Munster......
    He looks quite like Conor Fitzgerald, so it's more likely that Friend will look at him for Connacht - not that I'm saying they need him. I have a (tongue-in-cheek) theory that DoRs have a natural tendency to recruit players who look similar to players who are already successful in the squad. After 3 months without testing whether I can recognise everybody in the training photos I can't remember who our examples are except Keynan Knox looks quite Earls-like. I have seen it confuse commentators too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mumhain
    replied
    Originally posted by ephileth View Post

    Hopefully it's just clickbait. I would be very disappointed if Munster were even looking at this signing. Between Healy, Flannery and Crowley, I cannot see why we would need to bring in a young 10.
    Cian Whooley is a very highly rated 10, as well. Probably favourite to be starting outhalf for next year's Ireland under 20 team and may have an even higher ceiling than those mentioned.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mumhain
    replied
    Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

    Strange one. He’s only 4 months older than Ben Healy and doesn’t have any more senior experience


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    It's an odd one, he played most of his rugby his rugby at full-back for the Australia under 20s.

    Interestingly, the rugby paper says that Munster are still searching for an out-half.
    https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/late...e-isaac-lucas/

    Leave a comment:


  • ephileth
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
    From the Ultimate rugby website - a 21 year old fly half Isaac Lucas from the super rugby franchise Reds is in talks with European teams for the upcoming season including Munster......
    Hopefully it's just clickbait. I would be very disappointed if Munster were even looking at this signing. Between Healy, Flannery and Crowley, I cannot see why we would need to bring in a young 10.

    Leave a comment:


  • Colliniho
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
    From the Ultimate rugby website - a 21 year old fly half Isaac Lucas from the super rugby franchise Reds is in talks with European teams for the upcoming season including Munster......
    Strange one. He’s only 4 months older than Ben Healy and doesn’t have any more senior experience


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Greenkiwi
    replied
    From the Ultimate rugby website - a 21 year old fly half Isaac Lucas from the super rugby franchise Reds is in talks with European teams for the upcoming season including Munster......

    Leave a comment:


  • AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

    In theory at least his style should suit what Munster are trying to do. I do think they may still have some concerns around how he will hold up physically and will try to ease him in to the position. The other thing is that he is up against Murray for the starting job and as we've all seen before its harder to get out of the Ireland team than it is to get in it. Once Murray is still the Irish scrum half he is pretty much sure of his Munster spot. Hopefully Casey can set himself as the outright backup to Murray at Munster and we see him get significant gametime (20 mins plus) off the bench in big games by the end of the season.
    I agree and Casey gives the impression that he zero self doubt and I suspect physicality will not be an issue. If Munster continue to improve and go further in competitions there will be loads of important games(part games) where he will be in for Murray.

    Leave a comment:


  • overthehillprop
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

    On that basis it puts Casey in a very good situation - he's both very quick and very bossy.
    In theory at least his style should suit what Munster are trying to do. I do think they may still have some concerns around how he will hold up physically and will try to ease him in to the position. The other thing is that he is up against Murray for the starting job and as we've all seen before its harder to get out of the Ireland team than it is to get in it. Once Murray is still the Irish scrum half he is pretty much sure of his Munster spot. Hopefully Casey can set himself as the outright backup to Murray at Munster and we see him get significant gametime (20 mins plus) off the bench in big games by the end of the season.

    Leave a comment:


  • AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

    Just a personal theory but Murray really shone when he was the decision maker. With both Rassie and Joe it wasn't necessarily about the speed of the service but making sure that the pods/players were in position and that we didn't loose possession. Thats not to say that Murray can't move the ball quickly just that wasn't what his primary directive was. He organised the players, he waved his hands at the breakdown, he waited for the pods to be set and he took on the kicking duties to relieve pressure or make it contestable.

    Now under Larkham there is less decision making required from 9 and more on 10 and wider out. Between the neck injury and change in style its taking Murray a while to settle into this especially with the World Cup and downtime. While bossing forwards and leadership is still needed at 9, a breaking scrum half with quick service to the first receiver looking to move the ball at pace is now required.
    On that basis it puts Casey in a very good situation - he's both very quick and very bossy.

    Leave a comment:


  • jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

    Murrays style of 'leadership' is to show coolness under fire - which he has done consistently and taken responsilbity when opportunities have risen. The fact that his form fell off a cliff - meant we didnt see as much of that as previously.
    I agree, Ice cool, managed to play the game at his own pace, also nicks tries from unpromising close in situations, simply because of his speed of thought and attention to detail. His firm certainly suffered, but 9s can’t play without a pack that’s at least holding its own, and a dependable 10. Like Zebo he can appear to be making little effort, but that seriously understated how involved he really is. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to see improvement!

    Leave a comment:


  • mr chips
    replied
    Great analysis OTHP - that never would have occurred to me about Murray.

    Leave a comment:


  • Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

    Just a personal theory but Murray really shone when he was the decision maker. With both Rassie and Joe it wasn't necessarily about the speed of the service but making sure that the pods/players were in position and that we didn't loose possession. Thats not to say that Murray can't move the ball quickly just that wasn't what his primary directive was. He organised the players, he waved his hands at the breakdown, he waited for the pods to be set and he took on the kicking duties to relieve pressure or make it contestable.

    Now under Larkham there is less decision making required from 9 and more on 10 and wider out. Between the neck injury and change in style its taking Murray a while to settle into this especially with the World Cup and downtime. While bossing forwards and leadership is still needed at 9, a breaking scrum half with quick service to the first receiver looking to move the ball at pace is now required.
    Fully agree OTHP

    Leave a comment:


  • overthehillprop
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

    Murrays style of 'leadership' is to show coolness under fire - which he has done consistently and taken responsilbity when opportunities have risen. The fact that his form fell off a cliff - meant we didnt see as much of that as previously.
    Just a personal theory but Murray really shone when he was the decision maker. With both Rassie and Joe it wasn't necessarily about the speed of the service but making sure that the pods/players were in position and that we didn't loose possession. Thats not to say that Murray can't move the ball quickly just that wasn't what his primary directive was. He organised the players, he waved his hands at the breakdown, he waited for the pods to be set and he took on the kicking duties to relieve pressure or make it contestable.

    Now under Larkham there is less decision making required from 9 and more on 10 and wider out. Between the neck injury and change in style its taking Murray a while to settle into this especially with the World Cup and downtime. While bossing forwards and leadership is still needed at 9, a breaking scrum half with quick service to the first receiver looking to move the ball at pace is now required.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X