Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hooker and utility back.

    Comment


      Originally posted by B.A. View Post

      2:23 Billy Holland is like a little boy next to him.
      He was in town yesterday with some other players, he is a giant. Remarkably huge human being.
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

        He was in town yesterday with some other players, he is a giant. Remarkably huge human being.
        You love to see it. Hopefully he’ll hit the ground running and can develop a good working relationship with Kleyn


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

        Comment


          Originally posted by B.A. View Post
          Rumours of Leinster sniffing around Manu Tuliagi because Leicester couldn't agree to his salary demands.
          Henny to 15 so?
          Gwan Joe!!

          Comment


            Originally posted by ustix View Post

            Henny to 15 so?
            Tuilagi it appears has signed for Sale


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

            Comment


              Am I right in saying that from September/October time (once Cloete, Salanoa and Knox qualify) that Snyman and De Allende are our only non IQ players?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

              Comment


                Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

                Tuilagi it appears has signed for Sale


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Surprising - I thought that was going to be Exeter’s big reveal.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                  He was in town yesterday with some other players, he is a giant. Remarkably huge human being.
                  The size and power of our pack is increasing quite a bit. Kleyn/Snyman is about as big a set of locks as you’ll find anywhere, with Ahern another potential monster. Salanoa and Knox are serious units, and our younger back rowers (Coombes, JOS and Hodnett) are all pretty powerful athletes too.

                  We’ve struggled against the really big sides in the past but I think that will change over the coming season or two as these lads bed in.

                  Comment


                    It's looking good ...

                    Comment


                      Very hard to figure out who doesn't start next seasons big games if everyone is fit and available. I'm assuming its Kleyn and RG in the second row. Beirne cannot be dropped in my view so I assume he's now a 6, POM is a 7 and Stander at 8. That leaves Cloete, TOD, Holland among the exciting new bunch of young fellas fighting it out for 2 bench spaces. Would really love to see TOD get a good run next season.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                        Very hard to figure out who doesn't start next seasons big games if everyone is fit and available. I'm assuming its Kleyn and RG in the second row. Beirne cannot be dropped in my view so I assume he's now a 6, POM is a 7 and Stander at 8. That leaves Cloete, TOD, Holland among the exciting new bunch of young fellas fighting it out for 2 bench spaces. Would really love to see TOD get a good run next season.
                        A 4-14 of

                        Kleyn
                        Snyman
                        Beirne
                        O’Mahony
                        Stander
                        Murray
                        Carbery
                        Conway
                        De Allende
                        Farrell
                        Earls

                        Is very very exciting.

                        Killer has nothing to prove at loosehead.

                        Hooker, tighthead and full back are less clear cut. We have 4 senior hookers/tightheads and additional options at full back.

                        Let’s hope one player from each of those positions has a genuinely world class season.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

                          A 4-14 of

                          Kleyn
                          Snyman
                          Beirne
                          O’Mahony
                          Stander
                          Murray
                          Carbery
                          Conway
                          De Allende
                          Farrell
                          Earls

                          Is very very exciting.

                          Killer has nothing to prove at loosehead.

                          Hooker, tighthead and full back are less clear cut. We have 4 senior hookers/tightheads and additional options at full back.

                          Let’s hope one player from each of those positions has a genuinely world class season.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That would be my starting 4-14 too, and it’s very exciting. A column of ‘back up’ players would be a cut below this, but very exciting, and largely young guys coming through. I hope we get to see them all in the flesh before too long.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                            That would be my starting 4-14 too, and it’s very exciting. A column of ‘back up’ players would be a cut below this, but very exciting, and largely young guys coming through. I hope we get to see them all in the flesh before too long.
                            This is the season that we really need a few “bolters” from the next level players to strengthen our 23.

                            Is it too soon for Knox? Can one of Haley or Gallagher show they are international class? Can Sweetnam have his best ever season and push Conway to fullback? Do Wycherley, Goggin, Casey and Daly have another level in them?


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

                              This is the season that we really need a few “bolters” from the next level players to strengthen our 23.

                              Is it too soon for Knox? Can one of Haley or Gallagher show they are international class? Can Sweetnam have his best ever season and push Conway to fullback? Do Wycherley, Goggin, Casey and Daly have another level in them?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



                              I think the 50/22 rule could be a big shot in the arm for Sweetnam. You now pretty much have to have a back three where everyone can field and kick. In Conway and Earls we have two who have test level 15 experience. Anyone pushing Conway to 15 will have to have the same balance as the other 2.

                              Given the impact that that may have on midfield defences, you'd imagine the idea of the playmaking 15 coming into midfield would be a possibility too. I don't think that's Haley.



                              On the 4-14 above, the only thing I still have anxiety about is the "Beirne to 6, POM to 7" thing. Is there anything outside of our optimism and desire to see our best players on all on the pitch that makes us think that a test blindside ten years into his career is just going to switch across? Or will be able to?
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                              "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                              "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

                                On the 4-14 above, the only thing I still have anxiety about is the "Beirne to 6, POM to 7" thing. Is there anything outside of our optimism and desire to see our best players on all on the pitch that makes us think that a test blindside ten years into his career is just going to switch across? Or will be able to?
                                It is a fair point. This may not be how JVG is thinking at all. I have always seen POM as a 6.5 who was capable of playing more at 7 than he has. Beirne’s breakdown ability would mitigate not having a Cloete type openside in our 15 too.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X