• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
    Munsterrugby.ie have posted an interview with RG Snyman

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/07/...ing-rg-snyman/

Video | Introducing RG Snyman

9th July 2020 By The Editor

RG Snyman at Munster Rugby training Munster Rugby

Watch new second-row RG Snyman as he gives his first interview since joining Munster earlier in the summer. The 25-year-old was a member of the winning Springbok team at the Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan.

Snyman began his career with the South African side the Blue Bulls. He moved to Japan in 2017 to play for Top League side Honda Head before signing for Munster ahead of the 20/21 season.

The combative second-row was first capped by the Springbok in 2018 and has made 23 appearances to date.

RG Snyman at Munster Rugby training Munster Rugby

Watch new second-row RG Snyman as he gives his first interview since joining Munster earlier in the summer. The 25-year-old was a member of the winning Springbok team at the Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan.

Snyman began his career with the South African side the Blue Bulls. He moved to Japan in 2017 to play for Top League side Honda Head before signing for Munster ahead of the 20/21 season.

The combative second-row was first capped by the Springbok in 2018 and has made 23 appearances to date.

Name: Rudolph Gerhardus Snyman

Position: Lock

Height: 2.07m/6ft 9ins

Weight: 117kgs/18st 4lbs

Date of Birth: 29/01/1995

Place of Birth: Potchefstroom, South Africa
    2:23 Billy Holland is like a little boy next to him.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

it is strange seeing him in the Munster colors. I have a feeling that he and De Allende are the last big money NIQ signings that we'll be seeing for any of the provinces in the near future. They were in the works prior to Covid and the landscape changing. I just don't see the IRFU going for any big time names in the next few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
        it is strange seeing him in the Munster colors. I have a feeling that he and De Allende are the last big money NIQ signings that we'll be seeing for any of the provinces in the near future. They were in the works prior to Covid and the landscape changing. I just don't see the IRFU going for any big time names in the next few seasons.
        Private money is paying for him apparently, just as private money has helped to pay some Leinster salaries (and I think Ulster have had some backing of that kind too), so it’s not necessarily down to what the IRFU can afford.

If these lads help us get back to the top of the European pile, it may result in more signings of that kind in the future.

Comment

Crikey, he looks great in the slowmo run (2.16). I know everyone looks better in slowmo (well I do anyway), but he looks unstoppable.

I wonder who's lifting him in the lineout? Better get the five of them on the Weetabix!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
            Anyone know how Ben Betts is doing these days? I see he's back in Limerick training with Dan Goggin. With Parker and Scott gone it wouldn't be the worst signing (admittedly I haven't seen him play since the 20's RWC)
            Hasn’t really worked out for him since he left. Got a couple of cup games for Leicester and spent some time playing club rugby in Australia. Has been playing championship rugby for the lady couple of years with limited success. Was released by Ealing Trailfinders and has signed up with Doncaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I’m sure that’s true too- (they physical challenge of an experienced opponent)- but at least in B&I you are facing it occasionally, and with players if approximately your own level on your side. I recall a few games where the superior fitness and speed triumphed over doughty opponents, and indeed others where we raced into a bit of a lead and got dragged back as the sheer bulk of the opposition counted. The key point is that rather than facing an AIL side with a few academy players in your own and the opposition sides- you are preparing as an elite team to face whatever the opposition is- and the Ealings etc Of this world have some decent players .
              I try not to over complicate this. I’d like to see our fringe players

1. Playing as regularly as possible (preferably with other Munster players)
              2. Playing to the highest standard possible

If the B&I cup could be properly reconstituted as a genuine “second 23” competition as it used to be then it ticks both boxes.

Fringe players get to play regularly with other senior/academy players at a standard above the AIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

All relative though. The definition of "big money" is going to change too.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Rumours of Leinster sniffing around Manu Tuliagi because Leicester couldn't agree to his salary demands.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                    Rumours of Leinster sniffing around Manu Tuliagi because Leicester couldn't agree to his salary demands.
                    Didn't Contepomi rubbish those reports during the week?

Comment

Where did you hear that?

Comment

Crikers, he would add a hell of a lot
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Crikers, he would add a hell of a lot
                          They have 46 players signed up for next season. 47 if Kearney sticks around for another year. The other provinces all have 43. Do Leinster really need another signing?

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

They have 46 players signed up for next season. 47 if Kearney sticks around for another year. The other provinces all have 43. Do Leinster really need another signing?

Still got two NIQ spots to fill....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                              Still got two NIQ spots to fill....

Another back row then maybe.
                              They look a bit light there.

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Another back row then maybe.
                                They look a bit light there.

I think Conan and Leavy are good enough additions for the next season. If anywhere is needed its backup prop and utility back.

Comment

Working...
                                X