Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

I agree with pretty much all of this. It looks like Sammy just wasn’t willing to start next season as third choice 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an important move for him- while he has tried hard at Munster he really didn’t seem to have enough to establish himself as a starter- and if we are going to step up from where we are we need the back up players pushing the starters. If it doesn’t work at Connacht that will be it for him.

Am more surprised by Wootton’s decline in form, but then with Daly looking good every time he got a game, and Gallagher coming in - the pressure was just too great- and as others said above, Racing showed he wasn’t at the races.

Copeland’s demise was hardly a surprise, but sorry for the guy, looked great before he came to us, and what you’d imagine was a great opportunity largely passed him by- some great games, but a lot that were mediocre. Still more of a curate’s egg in Connacht- and now D2 in France.

We’ve had a few players over the last while who didn’t raise the level when they came in- and that is really what we need to happen.

Comment

I find the idea of Wootton being undone by one poor game in Bordeaux a bit...thin. Clearly it exposed some weaknesses, but he's had a lot of time to plug those. I'm still quite surprised we couldn't fix those issues in a guy who for a while looked like a born try scorer.

Interesting to see some fringe players moving on. It's a good thing for the squad imo - a lot of guys not kicking on who would clearly be better trying their luck elsewhere, and up to now I think a lot of faces there that couldn't really be counted in the mix for key games.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

This is an important move for him- while he has tried hard at Munster he really didn’t seem to have enough to establish himself as a starter- and if we are going to step up from where we are we need the back up players pushing the starters. If it doesn’t work at Connacht that will be it for him.

That's harsh on Sammy IMO, one of his best games for us was when he went toe to toe with Nonu when we played Toulon, he was superb that day. I don't think he's a superstar 13, but he's good enough to stay in any of the Irish squads IMO.

Comment

Sammy was A solid Player. Maybe a bit one dimensional in attack but was an animal of a defender. Always left it out there. If you want to talk disappointment. Look at Copeland. Signed with so much fanfare 5 years ago. Now off to some second division French team.

Comment

I'm Surprised about Copeland. The little I saw of him at Connacht looked decent.

Also sorry to see Wootton leave but if he stays fit he could be a really good player for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
              I'm Surprised about Copeland. The little I saw of him at Connacht looked decent.

Also sorry to see Wootton leave but if he stays fit he could be a really good player for them.
              Where is Wootton going? Connacht is it?
              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post

Where is Wootton going? Connacht is it?
                Not confirmed yet but rumors are that he is.

If I now have to chooise between Wootton and Daly than it would be the latter.

Comment

De Allende already in Limerick and has completed his 14 day quarantine according to Murray Kinsella

https://www.the42.ie/munster-de-alle...02780-May2020/

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post
                    De Allende already in Limerick and has completed his 14 day quarantine according to Murray Kinsella

Yep, great news

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post

Confirmed by Munster https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/...ming-signings/ Snyman is due at the end of the month, but they're not officially Munster players until July 1st.

Also confirmed that Liam Coombes, Keynan Knox, Alex McHenry and Jack O’Sullivan are now all on senior contracts. Although we already knew about Knox.

Comment

Not confirmed yet but rumors are that he is.

If I now have to chooise between Wootton and Daly than it would be the latter.
                        We’ve 9 back 3 players including Alex so if he stays he’s getting no game time. Would be a good move for him.
                        I assume there’s no deal for Alan Tynan, but his name isn’t mentioned in any recent articles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

That's just it with Copeland, his highlights reel is unbelievable, it's just that for the other 95% of his game he does f*ck all.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            I find the idea of Wootton being undone by one poor game in Bordeaux a bit...thin. Clearly it exposed some weaknesses, but he's had a lot of time to plug those. I'm still quite surprised we couldn't fix those issues in a guy who for a while looked like a born try scorer.

Interesting to see some fringe players moving on. It's a good thing for the squad imo - a lot of guys not kicking on who would clearly be better trying their luck elsewhere, and up to now I think a lot of faces there that couldn't really be counted in the mix for key games.
                            They've been working on Stockdale's defensive game for a few seasons now and he is still relatively poor for a guy starting at Test level. Some guys just cannot or will not ever improve in certain areas of the game, which is why when I see him starting over Earls, I think it is absolute madness. Teams know they can go right at him and they'll find success in doing so; Earls is a much better defender. The tries have dried up for Stockdale, and that was pretty much all he was bringing to the pitch. I cannot fathom why they gave him a central contract at this stage before he greatly improved that aspect of his play.

Comment

Tyler B retires due to neck injury. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/...ced-to-retire/

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                                Tyler B retires due to neck injury. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/...ced-to-retire/
                                Very sad but I think most fans have expected it for a long time.
                                ​​​​​​
                                Thanks for everything Tyler, a fine servant to the province
                                "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                                Will Greenwood

Comment

Working...
                                X