Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I'd be happy to see one of the Leinster child eating backrows switch allegiances.
    There was serious talk of Connors joining us earlier this year. Leinster have serious quality in the back row, but they’ve only Moloney in their academy as things stand.
    Unless there is some news on Tyler I’d say that’s us done for next year now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

If you count Beirne as a second row we only have 7 senior back rows next year. CJ and POM will also spend a lot of time on international duty. Cloete is almost IQ so I expect him to get plenty of pro 14 game time next year. Tommy is 33 next month so I expect Cloete to get another deal

I was delighted what I saw of him in his first season- he was something we didn’t really have. however, after his injury his form has been very patchy and has much been much less effective. He seemed like he was coming good before the break- but for me there are questions to be answered.

Comment

I wonder with Snyman and Kleyn would it make sense to move Beirne into the back-row where he was so successful in the past - maybe move him to 6 and try Pom at 7. A pack of Killer, Scannell, Ryan, Snyman, Kleyn, Beirne, Pom and CJ would compete with any pack in Europe and we would have pretty strong bench options too

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
          I wonder with Snyman and Kleyn would it make sense to move Beirne into the back-row where he was so successful in the past - maybe move him to 6 and try Pom at 7. A pack of Killer, Scannell, Ryan, Snyman, Kleyn, Beirne, Pom and CJ would compete with any pack in Europe and we would have pretty strong bench options too
          I have a feeling that's what we'll see, along with a good bit of player rotation and different combinations across the season. Leinster supporters brag about how many guys they have at each position and how it is a big part of their success; Munster bring in guys to emulate Leinster in that regard and somehow it is a cardinal sin. Honestly I just think that some of them are pissed that they're going to see another year of a declining Toner while Munster have Snyman.

Comment

Yeah, think this is a really good suggestion. That pack looks to have a lot more physicality than recent packs. I'm a big fan of Kleyn, but I think he could be under pressure from Ahern in the next two years.

Comment

A pack of Killer, Scannell, Ryan, Snyman, Kleyn, Beirne, Pom and CJ would compete with any pack in Europe and we would have pretty strong bench options too
              A little bit of wee just leaked out.
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

I think that’s the pack we’ll see if everyone is fit. I’d just love Knox to kick on and burst his way into the first 15 too.
                If we are being honest, is that a front row to compete with Leinster and the better French/English teams?

Last edited by Colliniho; 15th-May-2020, 22:47.

Comment

I think that’s the pack we’ll see if everyone is fit. I’d just love Knox to kick on and burst his way into the first 15 too.
                  If we are being honest, is that a front row to compete with Leinster and the better French/English teams?

Healy has been below his best for a while now, and Furlong isn't rampaging thru defenses the way he was in 2017-2018, so the Munster front row has a chance to be the best in Ireland if they all play to their ceilings. Scannell has to up his game b/c Kelleher looks like an absolute star at hooker. Kilcoyne is on the wrong side of 30, but some props keep it going, hope he does b/c he's been very good the past 2 seasons.

Comment

Frankly no, not day in day out, and that’s why Knox and 5-0 are worthwhile investments. I’d be surprised if we get more than one contract from Snyman, will surely be back in WC contention , and expect him to be pulled elsewhere. All that said I would be sad not to see some of the half dozen outstanding you do second/back rows not featuring.

Comment

Be interesting to see if Scannell can up his game as seems to be required to make it back into international rugby - both Marshall (if he can remain injury free) and also KOB would both be chomping at the bit for more starting rugby for Munster and have at times looked the better player than Scannell. Will be one of many positional ding dongs we have too look forward to when rugby is up and running again....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                        Be interesting to see if Scannell can up his game as seems to be required to make it back into international rugby - both Marshall (if he can remain injury free) and also KOB would both be chomping at the bit for more starting rugby for Munster and have at times looked the better player than Scannell. Will be one of many positional ding dongs we have too look forward to when rugby is up and running again....
                        We also have Diarmuid Barron (and potentially Eoghan Clarke) going into year 3 of the academy who’ll be desperate to impress. If he’s fit I’d love Scott Buckley to make the academy too

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                          KOB has some of the best hands on the squad, and is very mobile too. He’s very suited to our evolving style.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

KOB has some of the best hands on the squad, and is very mobile too. He’s very suited to our evolving style.
                            A fit Marshall also does, Scannell will have his work count out for him this season- I thought he was nailed on to succeed Rory, and perhaps he did too- he now is facing a very big season. A lot has changed for him since 12 months ago- I really hope he is up for the fight.

Comment

I think Jack O Donoghue is the up and coming back row who might force his way into the team but not sure who I would drop if everybody is fit.
                              It might depend on JK’s form and if Beirne plays second row or back row?

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Frankly no, not day in day out, and that’s why Knox and 5-0 are worthwhile investments. I’d be surprised if we get more than one contract from Snyman, will surely be back in WC contention , and expect him to be pulled elsewhere. All that said I would be sad not to see some of the half dozen outstanding you do second/back rows not featuring.
                                Hopefully one contract sees Fineen and Arnold established as a home grown lock pairing.

Beirne to 6, POM to 7 seems inevitable given TOD's injuries and the fact that we haven't had a pure 7 emerge.
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X