Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bankman View Post

He's usually on the money though.
    Absolutely! Did not intend to question the info, just meant to have a little fun apologies if it came out the wrong way
    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
      A move back to England would make zero rugby sense unless a premiership team is offering a big payday. He's been capped for Ireland, so he can't play for England even if he was the last pro fullback available. I understand about being close to your family, but they moved to Ireland, not the other side of the world.
      Not being able to play for England would be regarded as an asset by many English clubs...

Comment

I will be disappointed if Brian Scott moves on; a mountain of a man, I remember him coming off the bench against Plymouth a few years back in the B and I cup and obliterating a breakdown.

Comment

This James Cronin story is unbelievable. I trust the pharmacist who misdiagnosed him steroids is looking for a new profession.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            This James Cronin story is unbelievable. I trust the pharmacist who misdiagnosed him steroids is looking for a new profession.
            You only needed the first sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              not exactly fair. Simple error and yes could have very lethal consequences but if you got something that wasnt exactly as on your prescription would you query it? Many might not
              he wasnt misdiagnosed. He was given the wrong prescription. That is very different.

Comment

Does the one month ban start now or from when play resumes in 2022 ?

Comment

" Cronin will be ineligible for a one-month period from 15 April 2020 until 16 May 2020."

according to Munster Rugby

EDIT That article has a link to the full decision which states " the Pharmacy dispensed to the player medication that he had not been prescribed"

This is slightly different from what OL posted above.

The prescription was correct, it was dispensed incorrectly.

The "panel" found that, while Cronin was at fault, in that he should have checked what he was given by the Pharmacy, he was not guilty of a "significant fault"

This allowed the panel discretion when deciding his punishment and his suspension was reduced from two years to one month.
                  Last edited by Piquet; 20th-April-2020, 22:22.

Comment

Very strange indeed, and frustrating for all concerned
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      " Cronin will be ineligible for a one-month period from 15 April 2020 until 16 May 2020."

according to Munster Rugby

EDIT That article has a link to the full decision which states " the Pharmacy dispensed to the player medication that he had not been prescribed"

This is slightly different from what OL posted above.

The prescription was correct, it was dispensed incorrectly.

The "panel" found that, while Cronin was at fault, in that he should have checked what he was given by the Pharmacy, he was not guilty of a "significant fault"

This allowed the panel discretion when deciding his punishment and his suspension was reduced from two years to one month.
                      No Ormond Lad is correct. He got someone elses prescription. Read section 7.2 of the EPCR judgement again.

When the player went to collect the proscribed medication the pharmacy dispensed two medications..........
                      .........which had been prescribed to another customer of the pharmacy..........
                      ......the pharmacy dispensed the player medication he had not been prescribed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                        Does the one month ban start now or from when play resumes in 2022 ?
                        It runs from April 15th to May 16th

Comment

That is a serious error by any pharmacist. Giving someone medication prescribed for a different person can result in serious or even fatal consequences. Issues around sporting regulations pale into insignificance beside the fact that Cronin is very lucky to have been given meds which didn't cause him long-term damage or worse.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

No Ormond Lad is correct. He got someone elses prescription. Read section 7.2 of the EPCR judgement again.
                            A "Prescription" is a document that a Doctor (or Dentist) writes listing "Medication" to be given to a patient.

Actually he never got any prescription, right or wrong. The prescription was e-mailed to the Pharmacy.

He got the wrong medication.

Comment

Jesus, I just watched/listened to OTB there. That Eoin Sheahan would badly want to cop himself on. Throughout the whole piece he kept referring to Prednisolone as a performance enhancing drug. He should apply for a job with Fox News, he'd suit them down to the ground. Does he realise that not every steroid is used by professional athletes to enhance performance and that some of them (surprise, surprise) are used by ordinary Joes like myself for actual medical reasons. It's a bad state of affairs when Ger Gilroy is having to 'sort of' defend Cronin against that other clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

A "Prescription" is a document that a Doctor (or Dentist) writes listing "Medication" to be given to a patient.

Actually he never got any prescription, right or wrong. The prescription was e-mailed to the Pharmacy.

He got the wrong medication.
                                Granted he had a banned substance in his system when tested, and was thus quite rightly the case was investigated. If he didn’t have a prescription against which to check that the medication he was given was correct, it seems to me even more ludicrous that he was penalised at all. Surely the equivalent of a ‘suspended’ sentence would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X