X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Highly unlikely I’d say, especially as he is contracted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I agree that it's unlikely, Munster have in the past released players early from their contracts. James Coughlan and Bill Johnston both had a year left on their contracts when they left.

Comment

A move back to England would make zero rugby sense unless a premiership team is offering a big payday. He's been capped for Ireland, so he can't play for England even if he was the last pro fullback available. I understand about being close to your family, but they moved to Ireland, not the other side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
        A move back to England would make zero rugby sense unless a premiership team is offering a big payday. He's been capped for Ireland, so he can't play for England even if he was the last pro fullback available. I understand about being close to your family, but they moved to Ireland, not the other side of the world.
        In terms of the family stuff, it’s not always that easy, despite the countries being so close geographically. I also can’t quite see the premiership digging deep for him, given the rate at which younger English qualified players become available. Perhaps it’s just a bit of adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5, with Gallagher coming in.

Comment

With the announcements of Killer and O’Byrne getting deals today, it looks like we are pretty much there in terms of the squad for next season.

One of Scott or Parker might get a deal to fill out the squad, but that could be it.

We’ve 4 lads coming up from the academy and 3 from abroad, so I’d be surprised to see more than 1 more contract offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Great news indeed on both Killer and Kevin - 2 key players for us going forward. The outstanding contracts are as follows I believe.

Brian Scott
            Ciaran Parker
            Darren O'Shea
            Sean O'Connor
            Arno Botha
            Conor Oliver
            Sam Arnold

I imagine one of the tight-heads at least will get a contract but all the others have a question mark over them

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
              Great news indeed on both Killer and Kevin - 2 key players for us going forward. The outstanding contracts are as follows I believe.

Brian Scott
              Ciaran Parker
              Darren O'Shea
              Sean O'Connor
              Arno Botha
              Conor Oliver
              Sam Arnold

I imagine one of the tight-heads at least will get a contract but all the others have a question mark over them
              At least One of the above has turned down a new offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Tease!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Your uppercase O must mean it's either O'shea, O'Connor or Oliver (adding baseless speculation to partial information is clearly the only way to go).
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post

Your uppercase O must mean it's either O'shea, O'Connor or Oliver (adding baseless speculation to partial information is clearly the only way to go).
                    He's usually on the money though.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post

He's usually on the money though.
                      I assume it is Botha. In spite of his reported ambition to return to SA to win a place on the national team, we would still offer him a new contract (I imagine....continuing the baseless tone of the thread!)

Comment

From an article in the Indo re contract renewals in the provinces - claiming Oliver and Sean O'Connor are going to England - no idea of the validity

"Munster have been very busy in the market, having signed World Cup winners RG Snyman and Damian de Allende, as well as Matt Gallagher, and offering contract extensions to Dave Kilcoyne and Andrew Conway.

There are also set to be departures with the likes of Conor Oliver and Sean O'Connor linked with moves to England. Ex-Leinster flanker Oliver has made just two appearances off the bench this season, while lock O'Connor lock is in the same boat."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-39020314.html

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
                          From an article in the Indo re contract renewals in the provinces - claiming Oliver and Sean O'Connor are going to England - no idea of the validity

"Munster have been very busy in the market, having signed World Cup winners RG Snyman and Damian de Allende, as well as Matt Gallagher, and offering contract extensions to Dave Kilcoyne and Andrew Conway.

There are also set to be departures with the likes of Conor Oliver and Sean O'Connor linked with moves to England. Ex-Leinster flanker Oliver has made just two appearances off the bench this season, while lock O'Connor lock is in the same boat."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-39020314.html

Fair play to them both if they get contracts on England- very surprised SOC is going without having played in the senior squad this season.

Comment

A few seasons back i really thought Oliver would develop into a valuable player for Munster, same for Sammy Arnold. Both guys seem to have stalled out in their development.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
                              A few seasons back i really thought Oliver would develop into a valuable player for Munster, same for Sammy Arnold. Both guys seem to have stalled out in their development.
                              I know a lot of people were optimistic about Oliver, and he had an awful injury caused by despicable play, but I didn’t think he dominate/irritate as I’d hope that position would. Arnold came to us a combative, decent and honest guy, other than realising you can’t get away with tackling like you had a license to kill, I’m not sure he has learned much and has a lot of opportunity to show otherwise. Neither are the quality should be investing in further- but really delighted for them that they have opportunities elsewhere.

Comment

Oliver is just too small to play 7 in the modern game. He has a great attitude and is a great man to put his body on the line but the size and power isn't there.
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X