Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Zebo had been off the pace for a few games IIRC and, more importantly, was on his way out the door to the opposition that day
    He was but for a such a huge game Zebo was always going to be the man, he is afterall the most clinical player we have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post

If an option - then Jamie George would be a great boost and a proper international quality player in the front 5 which we badly lack.

The craic would be good with the medical staff too...
      Two chances of that happening.
      Slim and anorexic
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

He was but for a such a huge game Zebo was always going to be the man, he is afterall the most clinical player we have ever had.
        Dougie would be that player for me
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Dougie would be that player for me
          You're prob right. Man was a beast. Zebo an honourable 2nd.

Comment

Thought Nash and Goggin did well Sunday

Comment

I just did a post on him in the Osprey's (HCC R6) thread but since it's not match specific - does anyone know when Goggin's contract with us is up?

When I take stock of our centre's for next year
              DeAllende
              Farrell (only one likely to disappear for international windows)
              Scannell
              Arnold
              Goggin (EDIT: Goggin's contract is up at the end of current season)
              S. French (would have guessed we'd see him breaking into senior match day squads next season)

If we retain Arnold (not sure what to make of him leapfrogging Goggin yesterday) then I would fear other teams luring Goggin and French away. They are both serious potentials I think and would hate to see them pulled away (though couldn't blame them if they can't get a proper sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevy-Wevz View Post
                I just did a post on him in the Osprey's (HCC R6) thread but since it's not match specific - does anyone know when Goggin's contract with us is up?

When I take stock of our centre's for next year
                DeAllende
                Farrell (only one likely to disappear for international windows)
                Scannell
                Arnold
                Goggin (EDIT: Goggin's contract is up at the end of current season)
                S. French (would have guessed we'd see him breaking into senior match day squads next season)

If we retain Arnold (not sure what to make of him leapfrogging Goggin yesterday) then I would fear other teams luring Goggin and French away. They are both serious potentials I think and would hate to see them pulled away (though couldn't blame them if they can't get a proper sniff)
                And then there’s Daly, who’s played plenty of rugby at 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

And then there’s Daly, who’s played plenty of rugby at 13.
                  Although it would be a very young pairing, would mind seeing Goggin an Daly at 12/13 at some point.

Comment

Whatever about the squad now the Ireland U20s squad announced to-day doesn't bode well for the future;
                    Leinster 20
                    Ulster 7
                    Munster 5
                    Connacht 4
                    Is there some explanation for the poor level of Munster representation?
                    'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post
                      Whatever about the squad now the Ireland U20s squad announced to-day doesn't bode well for the future;
                      Leinster 20
                      Ulster 7
                      Munster 5
                      Connacht 4
                      compared to a lot of years it's about the same level of representation from Munster. Leinster just have far more than normal this year and they nearly always have most reps

Comment

That's depressing. Rugby is now turning into a leinster preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post
                          Leinster 20
                          Ulster 7
                          Munster 5
                          Connacht 4
                          Population as well as financial resources.
                          It's a bit like the other boys in blue where success breeds success
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Population as well as financial resources.
                            It's a bit like the other boys in blue where success breeds success
                            They’ve always had the population advantage, and the potential for better funding- nor will these things change- do we just give up then? We need (some one) to fund a heavy weight head of development person for rugby as a whole in Munster, and back them. Someone like, say, Conor O Shea, whose brief is to develop and begin implementing a ten year plan. Let JVG (or whoever) get on with being DOR for Munster representative squads- that’s the top of the pyramid- we need people working coherently from the base up.

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing Thomas Ahern in the U-20s, massive potential for us. Also we have to make Billy a coach going forward (if he wants to of course)

https://www.the42.ie/thomas-ahern-ir...78046-Jan2020/

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
                                Really looking forward to seeing Thomas Ahern in the U-20s, massive potential for us. Also we have to make Billy a coach going forward (if he wants to of course)

https://www.the42.ie/thomas-ahern-ir...78046-Jan2020/
                                amazing physique for a young man- must have been a nightmare as a back, but if he can maintain that pace while developing the additional strengths we will need in second row, he will have some future ahead of him. Lovely acknowledgement of Billy, Snyman will widen his eyes further.

Comment

Working...
                                X