• Show
Clear All

Anyone know how the As went today? Looked a very interesting line up

Comment

Twitter machine sez they won 52-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Guilfoyle View Post
        Twitter machine sez they won 52-14.
        Thanks- would be great to know how the different lads went...anyone there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post

Agree there's too many, but I seem to be in the minority in my opinion on Alex Wootton. He's been injured a lot, but I think he has a far higher ceiling than a lot of other players on the list.
          Speed is his attribute but he can't kick a ball, average under a high ball and poor defensively. Can't see him being here next season.

Comment

With Saracens relegation I wonder would daddy sanction a one year loan move for Farrell to us or any other Saracens player that needs top level rugby for 2020 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
              With Saracens relegation I wonder would daddy sanction a one year loan move for Farrell to us or any other Saracens player that needs top level rugby for 2020 2021.
              If an option - then Jamie George would be a great boost and a proper international quality player in the front 5 which we badly lack.

The craic would be good with the medical staff too...

"There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Don’t they have to show 2 years of clean books before they can be promoted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

Speed is his attribute but he can't kick a ball, average under a high ball and poor defensively. Can't see him being here next season.
                  He had a very good 2017 2018 season and played himself in to a starting team in Bordeaux but had a mare with teddy and co and we haven’t seen much of him since. But he can’t get in to a pro 14 match day squad these days even when the internationals are away. He is obviously on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Don’t they have to show 2 years of clean books before they can be promoted?

Haven’t seen that, not doubting you, but is there a source? They cannot show clean books for this year, so that would mean two years in the lower division.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Haven’t seen that, not doubting you, but is there a source? They cannot show clean books for this year, so that would mean two years in the lower division.
                      Was mentioned by a few people on Twitter (hardly a rock solid source of truth!), but I’ve nothing formal on it

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Was mentioned by a few people on Twitter (hardly a rock solid source of truth!), but I’ve nothing formal on it

Thanks, there a post on the other thread detailing the requirement for a promoted club to show two years of salary cap compliant accounts. Hadn’t seen that before I commented. Sorry.

Comment

He had a very good 2017 2018 season and played himself in to a starting team in Bordeaux but had a mare with teddy and co and we haven’t seen much of him since. But he can’t get in to a pro 14 match day squad these days even when the internationals are away. He is obviously on the way out.
                          JVG deemed Wooton to be a better option than Zebo in an away Semi final. Crazy stuff.

Wooton can't defend or kick the ball and never improved even when he came back between some injury spells.

Comment

JVG deemed Wooton to be a better option than Zebo in an away Semi final. Crazy stuff.

Wooton can't defend or kick the ball and never improved even when he came back between some injury spells.
                            Agree totally. He’s all pace and quick feet with nearly nothing else going for him. His open field defence is AIL standard and he’s hopeless when the ball goes over his head. Liam Coombes is a better option and if his contract is up in the summer I can’t see it being renewed.

Comment

Agree on his kicking, but I think his defense is under-rated and fair bit better than some of the other guys ( see Darren Sweetnam ).

We have plenty of wingers who do the basics very well. We have very few wingers, who are 100kg, and can step off both feet, without losing speed. He performed poorly against one of the most threatening back lines in europe, but there was a very clear reason he was selected ahead of Zebo. He was in far better form and for a lot the season he was top try-scorer in the pro14.

Comment

Zebo had been off the pace for a few games IIRC and, more importantly, was on his way out the door to the opposition that day
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X