Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Haley, Daly, Wooton, Earls, Conway, Sweetnam, Tynan, Wren, Bowen - if we're bringing in a back three player you'd assume that someone isn't staying.
    Bowen? He might be in the sub academy but I’d have thought he was a long shot for the academy next year. Wootton in trouble I’d say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Bowen? He might be in the sub academy but I’d have thought he was a long shot for the academy next year. Wootton in trouble I’d say

Yeah - not suggesting these are first team options. Just looking at our overall pool and development track for back three players.

The core group that he'd be competing with would omit the final three on my list.

Agree on Wootton, though still can't fathom why we haven't been able to turn a guy with that sort of try scoring ability into a first XV player.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Agree on Wootton, though still can't fathom why we haven't been able to turn a guy with that sort of try scoring ability into a first XV player.
        Earls and Conway ahead of him. He's decent but he's not at that level.
        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Haley, Daly, Wooton, Earls, Conway, Sweetnam, Tynan, Wren, Bowen - if we're bringing in a back three player you'd assume that someone isn't staying.
          ...and Nash, but the point is well made. Is FB/Wing where we need investment?

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

...and Nash, but the point is well made. Is FB/Wing where we need investment?
            Arguably no, but it’s a chance to sign an IQ player who is arguably better than Wootton and Nash at a minimum

\"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Arguably no, but it’s a chance to sign an IQ player who is arguably better than Wootton and Nash at a minimum

Only fear would be he takes the opportunities that we’re currently giving Daly, or might want to give to Flannery next season for example. If we have top class incumbents, plus promising younger lads challenging, it’s not really an area of need.

Wootton and others are the kind of squad players who will do a job when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Only fear would be he takes the opportunities that we’re currently giving Daly, or might want to give to Flannery next season for example. If we have top class incumbents, plus promising younger lads challenging, it’s not really an area of need.

Wootton and others are the kind of squad players who will do a job when needed.
                But don't leinster have that problem and they seem to manage it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

I think the issue isn't about having quality players competing with quality players, moreso the fact that we have areas in the team with glaring needs for backups or stronger players, Openside being one. TOD had the potential to be fantastic but he's been incredibly unfortunate with injuries, Cloete isn't as good as he was & we just don't have a standout there, unless POM moves across which i think is his best option at this stage. JOD at 6 is in better form at the moment & I feel POM should be the one to move out of position to accommodate & reward that form.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post

I think the issue isn't about having quality players competing with quality players, moreso the fact that we have areas in the team with glaring needs for backups or stronger players, Openside being one. TOD had the potential to be fantastic but he's been incredibly unfortunate with injuries, Cloete isn't as good as he was & we just don't have a standout there, unless POM moves across which i think is his best option at this stage. JOD at 6 is in better form at the moment & I feel POM should be the one to move out of position to accommodate & reward that form.
                    In relation to lack of depth at openside, has anyone information as to who made the decision to play Hodnett at 12 for UCC recently? Seems odd to be changing his position at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Do they? Back three is an area where their younger players are finding it hard to break through.

They’re giving loads of games to young back rowers but mostly due to injuries to Leavy, Conan etc.

If you stack your squad it’s hard to give more than the very occasional game to young players, and very rare they’ll get to play in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Do they? Back three is an area where their younger players are finding it hard to break through.

They’re giving loads of games to young back rowers but mostly due to injuries to Leavy, Conan etc.

If you stack your squad it’s hard to give more than the very occasional game to young players, and very rare they’ll get to play in Europe.
                        Also let's see who they rotate when/if they have to play Saracens or Racing. Everyone has to rotate in the Pro14 due to the Player Welfare Program.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

\"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Gallagher confirmed....can also play wing

Comment

Where does it say Gallagher is confirmed?

Comment

have a contact. officially announced next few days but deal is signed

Comment

Is that immediate start with us bearing in mind their current situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X