No announcement yet.

Munster Squad 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With contracts bring sorted out now I think one or two players wouldn't have impressed enough to get a new one.

I wonder would John Madigan be a good signing. He would add a bit of beef to the pack at least.

Evan Mintern is off to the USA. I always thought he could be worth a shot with a province.

Comment

Where is Oliver the young back row ?
      When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
        Where is Oliver the young back row ?
        He played in back row with Gavin Coombes and Jack O'Sullivan for Munster A against Leinster A. in mid December.
        He has not been involved with match day squads (not even togging out as back up).
        I suppose he is behind Cloete, Tommy, Jacko, Jacko2, Pete and perhaps even Hodnett for a 7 slot.

Comment

When can we update European Squad?
          There are lots of calls for inclusion of Craig Casey and Gavin Coombes.
          AFAIK neither is in the Euro Squad.
          Alby and Holloway are gone... can these spots be used?

Comment

Anyone heard anything about Matt Gallagher coming from Saracens next season? Just read a mention of this in the planet rugby site.

Comment

Bound to be loads of Saracen bog off stories going around, would be very surprised if we were interested in a full back- Haley and Daly, and Academy more than strong enough.
              Last edited by jagawayagain; 12th-January-2020, 13:09.

Comment

Well to add further to the ‘rumour’ Grandparent from limerick so wld be IQ...

Comment

I’d be surprised, and disappointed. We don’t need him and have more pressing need elsewhere.

Snyman, De Allende and, if we could afford and were allowed, perhaps a top class 7 are the only imports I want to see. The rest we can resource from within.

If the coaches think we really need another back three player, see if Zeebs wants to come home now that Joe is gone and Mike Catt is coaching Ireland’s backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    I’d be surprised, and disappointed. We don’t need him and have more pressing need elsewhere.

Snyman, De Allende and, if we could afford and were allowed, perhaps a top class 7 are the only imports I want to see. The rest we can resource from within.

If the coaches think we really need another back three player, see if Zeebs wants to come home now that Joe is gone and Mike Catt is coaching Ireland’s backs.

Can we?

Looking at selections, the trajectory of some players, the use of the bench yesterday.....I get the impression that there are a lot of players in our squad that our coaches don't have confidence in.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

What of these rumours of Irish qualified Full Back Matt Gallagher from Saracens? Haley still offers curater egg of performances littlered with good points and bad mistakes.
                      \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                      \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Can we?

Looking at selections, the trajectory of some players, the use of the bench yesterday.....I get the impression that there are a lot of players in our squad that our coaches don't have confidence in.
                        Anyone know if JVG was asked afterwards about his (relative) non use of the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                          Anyone heard anything about Matt Gallagher coming from Saracens next season? Just read a mention of this in the planet rugby site.
                          Sorry just read
                          \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                          \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Anyone know if JVG was asked afterwards about his (relative) non use of the bench?

I didn't see anything. I just don't see why Cloete and Botha weren't sprung earlier to just smash things.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

I didn't see anything. I just don't see why Cloete and Botha weren't sprung earlier to just smash things.
                              Cloete did fairly for once turn over a ball late in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Zeebs is gone about 10kgs heavier for the Astro pitch . I wouldn’t be going near him . Loads of young lads in Ireland that deserve chances .

A lunatic Fijian player that wants to play 7 would be handy but I don’t think there is a need for a big name into the back row with the resources available. Ireland is full of back rows
                                Munster have to move on TB and get another experienced 10 in . It’s hard to know with Carbery as to if his body can get a injury free run . Some players do have periods where the could hurt their knees getting out of bed. He needs a bit of luck.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X