No announcement yet.

Semi Final - Leinster v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact it was away from home and Fardy’s arrival made the difference , you cannot blame anyone from Munster today , they play like they have no collective confidence.
    I think they’ll get there next year but only if the new coaches are world renound
    We need two world class player too at either 11,14 or 15 and either 1,2 or 3 and finally we should make Beirne the captain

Comment

Very disappointing season and we can blame Leinster players (mainly) - for 2 reasons.

Firstly they were big ****e in the 6N and they failed to beat Glasgow meaning Munster had an away Pro 14 semi final.

Bad Leinster.
      Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 18th-May-2019, 20:19.
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post

Quinn Roux.
        And rightly so. Kleyn has gone backwards, quite seriously, imho. We need more weight and I am sorry to say it but POM, as fabulous a rugby player that he is, simply isn’t big enough to play six at the highest level. He is just blasted out of the game. It is probably too late to reinvent himself as a seven but, imho, Munster need to play Beirne at 6 next season, POM 7, CJ 8. I would add that, much as I respect them for everything they have done for Munster I am not disappointed to see Fla and Felix moving on. Munster could still be playing now and they wouldn’t have threatened the try line. Munster seem to be a team against which it is very easy to defend. EDIT See you all in August.
        Last edited by the plastic paddy; 18th-May-2019, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

I don't think belief, aggression or leadership are what's missing.
          Our skills level are no where near the required standard... not enough dynamism/athleticism, footwork, evasion, offloading ability, running lines, link play, off the cuff creativity...
          It doesn't matter what game plan is implemented until the underlying skill issues are dealt with imho.
          Belief, aggression, leadership... sounds like POM. Where was he today? Wasn’t Felix the skills coach?

Were were very competitive in the first half- but the failure to make the yellow card count, and the penalty in ‘overtime’ in the first half hurt, and (how often does this happen) the opening 10 mins of the second half /yellow card killed us. We looked like we could get a lead, but never looked like we could haul back a lead of any size- 10 was way beyond us. Fardy coming on gave them something extra- and Lowe, aside, we handled their backs well enough, we did well in the scrums, ok in the lineout, were outplayed in the loose, but never really did any damage.

Players and coaches need to have a hard and honest look at themselves- we are going nowhere with what we have, playing the way we do. All yes r I have wanted to give players and coaches the benefit of the doubt, but that was simply too generous. think we are where we were this time last year, not worse, but having added substantially to the side in JC and Beirne. That we are no better despite that raises some real questions .

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
            I have to say I don't get the "it's the level of players we have" line of reasoning.

We had loads of the ball because we were physically dominant at the Scrum and most set pieces.

We just didn't have a ****ing clue what to do with it.
            This is us in a nutshell, today from the south stand behind the goal it was so evident .
            either the players are not good enough or the coaching is not good enough .
            With a fond farewell to fla and felix true munstermen i hope we turn a corner soon .
            Keep the faith.
            Still there's a light I hold before me
            You're the measure of my dreams
            The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post

This is us in a nutshell, today from the south stand behind the goal it was so evident .
              With a fond farewell to fla and felix true munstermen i hope we turn a corner soon .
              Keep the faith.
              Well if Larkham ruddock come in we will know by November if it was the coaches or the players. My inkling is that it was the coaches. I have faith in the players

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Belief, aggression, leadership... sounds like POM. Where was he today? Wasn’t Felix the skills coach?

Were were very competitive in the first half- but the failure to make the yellow card count, and the penalty in ‘overtime’ in the first half hurt, and (how often does this happen) the opening 10 mins of the second half /yellow card killed us. We looked like we could get a lead, but never looked like we could haul back a lead of any size- 10 was way beyond us. Fardy coming on gave them something extra- and Lowe, aside, we handled their backs well enough, we did well in the scrums, ok in the lineout, were outplayed in the loose, but never really did any damage.

Players and coaches need to have a hard and honest look at themselves- we are going nowhere with what we have, playing the way we do. All yes r I have wanted to give players and coaches the benefit of the doubt, but that was simply too generous. think we are where we were this time last year, not worse, but having added substantially to the side in JC and Beirne. That we are no better despite that raises some real questions .

Long time since I've seen POM so low key - he gave Adamson a very easy time today in not questioning some of the pens given against us, and other pens not given to us.

Comment

Bugger and ****.

WE are better than that.
                  Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post

Keep the faith.
                    THIS
                    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                      Well, that was embarrassing. Akin to some fella beating his cock off a pebble dashed wall in the belief that will definitely get the ladies to notice him. Van Graan has once again failed to send out a team to compete with the opposition. Certain players are either just not up to the task ( Haley being a prime example) or living on their reputation alone (Murray). We didn't lay a glove on them once. The game plan just isn't up to scratch much like the personnel on both sides of the whitewash.
                      CM was terrible today. His box kicks lacked any height so they weren't contestable - constrasting with McGrath who was firing them mike's up. Also on many other occasions CM went wide when it was lone strike runners who were facing two or three Leinster defenders. We turned a huge number of those balls over.

We have, IMHO, the best full back in the country not playing full back for us, which is frankly just dumb.

A backline with Conway, Earls, Sweets and Farrell should be ripping up defences, but for the last year we wouldn't rip the wrapper off a Twix.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

CM was terrible today. His box kicks lacked any height so they weren't contestable - constrasting with McGrath who was firing them mike's up. Also on many other occasions CM went wide when it was lone strike runners who were facing two or three Leinster defenders. We turned a huge number of those balls over.

We have, IMHO, the best full back in the country not playing full back for us, which is frankly just dumb.

A backline with Conway, Earls, Sweets and Farrell should be ripping up defences, but for the last year we wouldn't rip the wrapper off a Twix.

Until our piano shifters start giving Murr ball to work off we could have Sonny Bill, Ashton, Dougie and Liam Williams out wide and all they'd be getting would be chilly.

​​​​​​I truly believe our issues are in the tight 5 and nothing is gonna improve until someone whips those ****ers to give the ball quicker and cleaner.
                        ​​​​​
                        munster have no on field coach, Sexton performs that role for Leinster
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Until our piano shifters start giving Murr ball to work off we could have Sonny Bill, Ashton, Dougie and Liam Williams out wide and all they'd be getting would be chilly.

​​​​​​I truly believe our issues are in the tight 5 and nothing is gonna improve until someone whips those ****ers to give the ball quicker and cleaner.
                          ​​​​​
                          Glasgow are excellent at exactly that. Makes a huge difference.

Comment

Very disappointing end to the season. Leinster deserved the win. We were ok in first half but seemed to have no attack worth talking about. Too often we passed ball to isolated players, and it was too static. Our passing speed increased significantly when Alby came on.

Special mention to the obnoxious blue c*** at the back of the North Stand, no place for assholes like him in rugby.
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Alby has outperformed him all season long, but hey, reputation trumps all. not going for a drop gal at the end of the first half was criminal, especially once they got around the 22...take your shot, go in at worst 6-6, at best, go in with a lead. i guess varying the attack means one more pass before crashing into contact, some occasions there were two ! the first half they were knocking the defense back but just couldn't press the advantage home...whoever they bring in as attack coach had better rip up whatever the plan is and start fresh; pity its in a WC year when a lot of the frontline players will be gone til november or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

​​​​​
                                The pack might be a bunch of neutered poodles but Murray almost invariably takes the wrong option. The pace of his play is pedestrian in comparison to Alby.
                                Schmidders has ruined him.
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X