• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months of GAH
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Well. Thus starts silly season.
      Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Deep inside we knew that Munster is the number three in the league right now. Today it showed. We had to chance to win it but right now we can only beat Leinster if luck is on our side. I really hope that days return soon that we can win on merrit instead of needing luck.

We never had a good chance in their 22 and enough said about attack.

Fardy is one hell of a player. Reminds me of the Beirne we did not see today.

Goggins first play of the game was impressive. Hope to see more of him next year.

Looking forward to see VDF partner with the Munster players in the backrow in Japan.

Lowe is a prick but one hell of a winger. Ireland must be happy having him although I'm not sure Joe rates him? (We know with Conway that as a back three, and not Joe's acceptance, you don't get a chance.)

Still I believe margins are thin. Next year there's a new chance. With some changes (attack) lets hope we can make the step up next seàson with the right backroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Had suspected the ****ology with coaches over the last 2 weeks was going to leave us either undercooked or underwhelming

We hammered into them 12 months ago with more fervor and passion

Never took a swing today, the side looks like the beach is on their minds, whether they'd admit it or not.

Well done Leinster by far and away the better side today and deserved winners.
          I thought we did well in the first half- but we were well beaten in the second. Well short again this season- glad it’s over.

Comment

Of the two I thought should not play today for Munster one was excellent (Scannell), one still nowhere near good enough (Haley). Haley’s effort on Lowe for the final try was sad

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

If you start your homework now you can watch Glenroe tomorrow night.
              24 -9
              “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                3 months of GAH
                It might be early onset deflation but the side has gone backwards in 12 months on the big occasions.

I am not looking into the new season with optimism.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Leinster's first try came because they had props who can pass the ball. Munster created space at times, but it was wasted by unskilled players. Fardy made a big difference too. Munster had the upper hand in the forwards until he came on.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                    Of the two I thought should not play today for Munster one was excellent (Scannell), one still nowhere near good enough (Haley). Haley’s effort on Lowe for the final try was sad
                    Said it before, will say it again, Haley is not our best FB right now. He has the chance to make it but he shouldn't be our starter for the big games yet.

Comment

The only thing worse than loosing is getting a smack in the face in the last seconds as you loose a match like that.
                      “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Better team won. You'd see more penetration in the Tellytubbies.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Hard luck to Munster. Unfortunately things didn't go your way. You need to make some major changes to the way you play to win a semi-final/final going forward and one of the main areas you need to improve on is the backrow

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

It might be early onset deflation but the side has gone backwards in 12 months on the big occasions.

I am not looking into the new season with optimism.
                            Backwards is unfair. We're the same level which is just as problematic tho. Hopefully new coaching staff can make the difference.

Comment

Just In a taxi on the way back to the airport.

Today could be best described as "flat". Neither team nor the crowd seemed up for the game. I've seen better atmospheres at a wake.

We just didn't know what to do when we have possession. If we were there until next week we'd still shovelling the same, slow, static ball to isolated players who are standing still.

Other thoughts later when I collect them.

​​​​​​A poor end to the season btw.

​​​​
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                                It was poor but otherwise his tackling throughout was excellent- I’m not sure where Conway was for the Lowe try, a real sickener.

Comment

Working...
                                X