Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Final - Leinster v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I’m not surprised, but I am a bit disappointed, that Goggin is only on the bench. I’ve been a supporter of Rory S for a long time but he hasn’t set the world alight this season and I see a real future for the Goggin-Farrell combination. I’m also not sold on Haley, statistics notwithstanding, but I’ll reserve comment for now.

    Comment


      Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

      Picked Byrne last year and they still won so nothing to be worried about
      They were strengthened last summer, we were weakened. Also we were coming off a win, this is needlessly dangerous.
      “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

        Absolutely, sure it's almost same team that started against Sarries with Byrne and Dave K included. Munster lucky to even be on the same field as these Colossi/Colosses (?). Plus you've home advantage and we also played like drains against Benetton

        What could go wrong????
        Only the 3 lions, the best player in the world and Scott Fardy taken out of the team. Not even close to the same team.
        “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

        Comment


          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

          I’m not being cynical- I think Haley is our long term FB and am happy with that- but does metres made measure forward metres or all metres running with the ball (ie running across/diagonally)?
          Metres gained with ball in hand, ie going forward. This is always a misleading stat with regards to FBs as they collect kicks and have 10-20 metres sometimes to run forward into so Haley’s stat isn’t as good as it seems, ditto assists - simply by virtue of where they all play he should have more assists than the wingers. Haley is ok but not a great 1-1 tackler and he is definitely not quicker than Zebo as someone mentioned.

          Delighted to see Botha picked, a good move but pity Goggin isn’t in. Big game for Joey to come back in for, he must be rusty when was his last start? Leinster are beatable but the pack must play very well.

          \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

            They were strengthened last summer, we were weakened. Also we were coming off a win, this is needlessly dangerous.
            I am inclined to think JS isn’t 100% and is being held as a ‘break glass in case...’ option? He took a few good knocks from Saracens and struggled on to the finish when he probably should have been replaced.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

              Only the 3 lions, the best player in the world and Scott Fardy taken out of the team. Not even close to the same team.
              Would you seriously start SOB after last week?
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

              Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

              Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

              Comment


                Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

                Metres gained with ball in hand, ie going forward. This is always a misleading stat with regards to FBs as they collect kicks and have 10-20 metres sometimes to run forward into so Haley’s stat isn’t as good as it seems, ditto assists - simply by virtue of where they all play he should have more assists than the wingers. Haley is ok but not a great 1-1 tackler and he is definitely not quicker than Zebo as someone mentioned.

                Delighted to see Botha picked, a good move but pity Goggin isn’t in. Big game for Joey to come back in for, he must be rusty when was his last start? Leinster are beatable but the pack must play very well.
                Joey last start was against Edinburgh

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                  Big game for Joey to come back in for, he must be rusty when was his last start?
                  Edinburgh Quarter Final

                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                  Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                  Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

                    Joey last start was against Sarries
                    No, we were missing Joey & keith for that

                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

                      Would you seriously start SOB after last week?
                      If you were to drop every single player who has a bad game you would struggle to get a 15 together after your quarter final.

                      You said its its the same team, I’m just pointing out that’s significantly different and significantly weaker.
                      “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

                        If you were to drop every single player who has a bad game you would struggle to get a 15 together after your quarter final.

                        You said its its the same team, I’m just pointing out that’s significantly different and significantly weaker.
                        SOB has had a few bad games and I would say his replacement by VDF has strengthened Leinster. In fact, with the possible exception of Byrne, you have a stronger starting XV and squad than you did v Sacns.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by RichardP View Post

                          SOB has had a few bad games and I would say his replacement by VDF has strengthened Leinster. In fact, with the possible exception of Byrne, you have a stronger starting XV and squad than you did v Sacns.
                          Hahaha ..... a Munster fan saying “Daverage” is an upgrade. Carful now, you can get banned for that kind of talk. Fardy is better than Ruddock and the best player in the world is better than Ireland’s 4/5th best 10. I’m not saying this to diminish your win if it comes, I’m just pissed off that we are not putting out our best team at home to our biggest rivals in a semi final.
                          “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                            Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander, Arno Botha.

                            Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Jack O’Donoghue, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.
                            No surprises there- well done JJ (and coaches) on the bench call.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Murillo View Post
                              Rob Kearney out, Sexton on the bench with Fardy.

                              Interesting line up
                              Very surprising on Kearney- not so with Sexton- needs a lot of minding.

                              Comment


                                Have a spare north terrace e ticket - 30 euro

                                PM if interested

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X