Semi Final - Leinster v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Haley hasn't lit it up, but having him at 15 puts Conway on the wing, and Carbery has had some success kicking thru for Conway to chase. Munster are going to have to pull all the tricks out of the bag Saturday. Plays like that can change a game. Sweetnam off the bench with his pace is a great option to have.
    Conway can still do the chase from fullback position. This should not limit him.

Sweetnam will not be on the bench, The last spot is normally taken by someone who can play multiple positions in the backline such as Goggin. The only time we did have a winger on the bench is when we did not have a FH on the bench but I do not expect JvG to gamble on that when you look at how much Carbery was targeted in December and taken in to account that this is his first return after injury.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	?width=429&version=4504482.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	2569553
      I hope Fineen is fit for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by tiernster View Post
        Any thoughts on selection for the weekend,

All being fit there are a few very tight calls

AC
        DS KE
        RS CF
        JC CM
        POM CJS JOD
        TB JK
        SA NS DK

LOC, RM, JR, BH , AB, AM, JJH, DG

Starting back three - Haley vs Sweetnam.....I think Conway at full back makes the overall back three stronger
        Starting tighthead - Ryan vs Archer.....I think Ryan will add more in impact and I feel we will need that impact
        Starting 7 - Cloete vs Jack.....Too close to call, neither has dominated position, given the lack of ball carriers for Munster I think I'd go Jack
        Staring 12 - Dan vs Rory.... I think Rory will be picked but would be interested in seeing how Dan and Chris work together
        Reserve 10 - JJ vs Tyler.... JJ has earned this opportunity in my opinion.
        If you were to get Fineen into 23 how would you do it?, he certainly enjoyed the game against Leinster in December

I'd expect Haley to start, with Conway on the wing- with Sweetnam or Goggin on bench, with JJ (deserves this in recent form), mind you, with JC just being back, we might go with JJ and TB on bench. Cloete vs Jack and Fineen vs Botha on bench, if Cloete doesnt start, I doubt he'll bench. Tadgh and Conway have a lot to play for, stellar performance from either books a seat to Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          I'd expect Haley to start, with Conway on the wing- with Sweetnam or Goggin on bench, with JJ (deserves this in recent form), mind you, with JC just being back, we might go with JJ and TB on bench. Cloete vs Jack and Fineen vs Botha on bench, if Cloete doesnt start, I doubt he'll bench. Tadgh and Conway have a lot to play for, stellar performance from either books a seat to Japan.
          Why not both?
          Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Why not both?
            The quota of Non-bloos would be exceeded if both were to travel.

Comment

Botha has to be involved, either from the start or as impact off the bench. With Billy also nailed on as our back-up lock, that leaves only room for one of Fineen and JOD. Tough call.

Would be tempted to start Botha with POM and CJ. I'd say Leinster have had enough big feckers running hard at them to last them all year. Soften them up, then unleash JOD to run at them in the wider channels later on. Would be fun to have Fineen come on then too, but Billy is just so fecking reliable, can't leave him out.

Sweets, Earls and Conway in the back three for me. Conway is lethal when he can roam around the place. Goggin at 12 with Farrell 13.

Comment

3 very simple but easily doable things that could help us win:-

1/. Speed up the breakdown/recycle and delivery to and from 9 (yes that's Conor Murray).

2/. Don't give the ball to static carriers. They need to attack the advantage line by taking the ball at pace, and then win the collisions.

3/. Limit the box kicks.

Leinster are a very decent team and a performance like that against Treviso simply won't get the job done.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                  Botha has to be involved, either from the start or as impact off the bench. With Billy also nailed on as our back-up lock, that leaves only room for one of Fineen and JOD. Tough call.

Would be tempted to start Botha with POM and CJ. I'd say Leinster have had enough big feckers running hard at them to last them all year. Soften them up, then unleash JOD to run at them in the wider channels later on. Would be fun to have Fineen come on then too, but Billy is just so fecking reliable, can't leave him out.

Sweets, Earls and Conway in the back three for me. Conway is lethal when he can roam around the place. Goggin at 12 with Farrell 13.
                  Not a huge fan of Botha, seems to provide a number of game changing moments, but not positive game changing moments
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                    Leinster are a very decent team
                    Controversial but true.

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Why not both?
                      B/C no matter how many defensive lapses Larmour makes, he does have the ability to break a huge run(not that Conway doesn't), plus he wears blue, so that's that. Honestly, I'd have Conway in b/c Ireland don't play a style suited to getting Larmour in open space, and he isn't great at fielding kickc. not awful, but not as polished at it as Conway is atm.

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post

Not a huge fan of Botha, seems to provide a number of game changing moments, but not positive game changing moments
                        he’s a big guy, combative and (when he holds onto the ball) makes good ground. As one of our few NIQ you’d expect him to be a nailed on selection, and yet JOD is running him very close. During the World Cup and 6N Botha will be essential, but after that I think he will be struggling as JoD, Coombes etc assert themselves. Will probably be wrong, but I expect to see JOD on Saturday.

Comment

Very little from Leinster on who is available for this one . But it should be a cracker . Do Munster play Joey if his fit with so little game time ?

Id have Botha on the bench with Cloete , CJ Pom . Botha if you get the ball in his hands can do damage late on .
                          I think Munster should try and get Conway at 15 . Haley’s lack of a pass and Conway’s got the better air and running game .

Should be a sell out although can’t go as godsons communion . I’d expect a home win if Leinster get to select the first 15 . They pain of losing last week should get them over their aches
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                            Very little from Leinster on who is available for this one . But it should be a cracker . Do Munster play Joey if his fit with so little game time ?

Id have Botha on the bench with Cloete , CJ Pom . Botha if you get the ball in his hands can do damage late on .
                            I think Munster should try and get Conway at 15 . Haley’s lack of a pass and Conway’s got the better air and running game .

Should be a sell out although can’t go as godsons communion . I’d expect a home win if Leinster get to select the first 15 . They pain of losing last week should get them over their aches
                            For me Botha is almost a great player. 5 out of 6 times he will put in a great carry, but every time that he drops the ball we lose huge momentum, and he drops the ball way too often for a man whose main strength is carrying.
                            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post

For me Botha is almost a great player. 5 out of 6 times he will put in a great carry, but every time that he drops the ball we lose huge momentum, and he drops the ball way too often for a man whose main strength is carrying.
                              Yes , The problem is getting the ball in his hands and him not dropping it . He drops too many balls alright.
                              But his good destructive carries would come in very handy Saturday.
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Tickets back up on sale currently as of 1430 today on ticketmaster for the game
                                Still there's a light I hold before me
                                You're the measure of my dreams
                                The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X