Semi Final - Leinster v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    GnT says in his piece today that the “top two [in the HEC] were so far ahead of everybody else it wasn’t funny”.

No doubt Sarries were on a different level but Leinster? Nope. This is the kind of stuff that had me feeling fairly ambivalent about the result, much as I dislike Saracens and their business model.

I think that at full strength Leinster are probably marginally better than us, but there isn’t a lot of daylight between the sides. I really hope we deliver the performance we’re capable of this weekend (and not another Treviso). If we do, win or lose, it will be very tight and demonstrate just how close the two sides really are.
    In reality you could remove the probably word ,it pains me to say it but i think a lot of things will have to go right for us to win on saturday. Have a feeling there is a big game in the team though so hopefully we can do it ,2014 was our last win in dublin ,time we put that right
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

I think we have a reasonable chance. They are certainly there for the taking after the weekend, and surely we have added bitterness. Our scrum has been on top in both encounters this year and the rest of our forwards are more than holding their own.
      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

I was shouting for Saracens purely to spite Cummisky et al. I actually thing Cullen and Lancaster are decent guys.

Wasn't pushed either way but the smugness of Drico not being there after the game was no bad thing. Lads on Virgin no
        better Matty,Horgan and Jennings.

C'mon Munster!!!

Comment

Couldn't give a pig's toss what Drico and Heaslip have to say about rugby. If they were in any way insightful or interesting, they'd be on a coaching ticket somewhere and not whoring themselves to BT talking ****e harking back to their glory days.

Comment

Really looking forward to this. The QF was a terrible performance but the lads will have had one eye on this semi final and Benetton are too good a side to be treated so complacently. A lot of the Munster lads have points to prove and I think they will. One thing I don’t want to see is Kleyn carrying the ball, his job is hitting things.

Comment

Any thoughts on selection for the weekend,

All being fit there are a few very tight calls

AC
              DS KE
              RS CF
              JC CM
              POM CJS JOD
              TB JK
              SA NS DK

LOC, RM, JR, BH , AB, AM, JJH, DG

Starting back three - Haley vs Sweetnam.....I think Conway at full back makes the overall back three stronger
              Starting tighthead - Ryan vs Archer.....I think Ryan will add more in impact and I feel we will need that impact
              Starting 7 - Cloete vs Jack.....Too close to call, neither has dominated position, given the lack of ball carriers for Munster I think I'd go Jack
              Staring 12 - Dan vs Rory.... I think Rory will be picked but would be interested in seeing how Dan and Chris work together
              Reserve 10 - JJ vs Tyler.... JJ has earned this opportunity in my opinion.
              If you were to get Fineen into 23 how would you do it?, he certainly enjoyed the game against Leinster in December

Comment

Tod back in training ,wonder is it too early for him though in such a big game ,would love to see him play if fit
                Still there's a light I hold before me
                You're the measure of my dreams
                The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by tiernster View Post

AC
                  DS KE
                  RS CF
                  JC CM
                  POM CJS JOD
                  TB JK
                  SA NS DK

Starting back three - Haley vs Sweetnam.....I think Conway at full back makes the overall back three stronger
                  Starting tighthead - Ryan vs Archer.....I think Ryan will add more in impact and I feel we will need that impact
                  Starting 7 - Cloete vs Jack.....Too close to call, neither has dominated position, given the lack of ball carriers for Munster I think I'd go Jack
                  Staring 12 - Dan vs Rory.... I think Rory will be picked but would be interested in seeing how Dan and Chris work together
                  If you were to get Fineen into 23 how would you do it?, he certainly enjoyed the game against Leinster in December

Is Fineen at 6 and POM at 7 an option at all, Fineen is a bit of a younger, taller, more aggressive TOD
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post

Is Fineen at 6 and POM at 7 an option at all, Fineen is a bit of a younger, taller, more aggressive TOD
                    Could be a good option! Need a bit more ballast in pack and would be a good way of introducing it

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
                      Couldn't give a pig's toss what Drico and Heaslip have to say about rugby. If they were in any way insightful or interesting, they'd be on a coaching ticket somewhere and not whoring themselves to BT talking ****e harking back to their glory days.

Agree and because he does coach would rather listen to ROG any day of the week.

Comment

Buried away at the bottom of this article but Mike Adamson is the referee

https://theoffsideline.com/glasgow-v...rish-referees/

Comment

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby – KO 14.30
                          RDS Arena, Dublin

Referee:
                          Mike Adamson (SRU, 35th competition game)

AR1: Lloyd Linton (IRFU), AR2: Keith Allen (SRU)TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)
                          Last edited by neill_m; 14th-May-2019, 13:02.

Comment

Let's hope the TMO has brought this glasses with him--is this the same TMO ? clip from the Glasgow v Munster match last year when he laughably couldn't find the video of this clearout

https://punditarena.com/rugby/smcmah...arout-munster/
                            Last edited by FORWARD....; 14th-May-2019, 13:10.
                            Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tiernster View Post

AC
                              DS KE
                              RS CF
                              JC CM
                              POM CJS JOD
                              TB JK
                              SA NS DK

As much as I'd like to see Conway at fullback instead of Haley I do not think that it will happen. JvG apparently sees something in Haley that all of us are missing.

I really hope Haley will prove me wrong but for this game we could really use a dynamic Fullback and this is something that Ive never seen of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

As much as I'd like to see Conway at fullback instead of Haley I do not think that it will happen. JvG apparently sees something in Haley that all of us are missing.

I really hope Haley will prove me wrong but for this game we could really use a dynamic Fullback and this is something that Ive never seen of him.
                                Haley hasn't lit it up, but having him at 15 puts Conway on the wing, and Carbery has had some success kicking thru for Conway to chase. Munster are going to have to pull all the tricks out of the bag Saturday. Plays like that can change a game. Sweetnam off the bench with his pace is a great option to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X