No announcement yet.

Semi Final - Leinster v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Earls returns to full training this week and will be monitored as the week progresses.
    The Munster squad started their week’s training at the High Performance Centre in Limerick today ahead of Saturday’s sold-out Guinness PRO14 semi-final against Leinster at the RDS (2.30pm).
    Keith Earls, Joey Carbery and Rhys Marshall return to full training this week and will be monitored as the week progresses.

The following are progressing with rehabilitation: Jeremy Loughman (hamstring), Alex Wootton (knee), Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg).

Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final
    Saturday, May 18

Leinster v Munster, RDS, 2.30pm;

EDIT!

They sent Prince Joseph out with Happy Peter to the press conference:

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775340591/

might be nothing, might be an indicator hes in the running to play
    Last edited by Cowboy; 13th-May-2019, 12:25.
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
      Leinster will be hurting badly and will want to put the loss behind them, Munster will be foaming at the mouth with all the crap we’ve been taking since the QF.

We have got to take our chances. We all know it’ll be an incredibly physical game. Schmidt probably holding his breath for the 80mins praying for no injuries.
      We have to play smart, I’m not sure how we will plan on approaching the game when it comes to attacking but if it’s anything like Benetton we might as well stay at home. We can win but we need to be extremely clinical and bring massive intensity. If we bring the intensity we brought to the December match...and maybe Wycherley we can do it.
      Should be a different game to December match - highly unlikely we'll have two yellow cards and a red card inside the first 30 mins. Cronin, Toner, SOB, Henshaw, Kearney likely to replace Tracey, Ruddock, VDF, Reid, O'Loughlin in the starting 15 with and Byrne/McGrath, Tracey, Ruddock, Ross Byrne, O'Loughlin replacing Dooley, Byrne, Moloney, Frawley, O'Brien on the bench....

Munster likely to replace Fineen, Carberry, Goggin, Earls with POM, Tyler, Farrell, Sweetnam

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Should be a different game to December match - highly unlikely we'll have two yellow cards and a red card inside the first 30 mins. Cronin, Toner, SOB, Henshaw, Kearney likely to replace Tracey, Ruddock, VDF, Reid, O'Loughlin in the starting 15 with and Byrne/McGrath, Tracey, Ruddock, Ross Byrne, O'Loughlin replacing Dooley, Byrne, Moloney, Frawley, O'Brien on the bench....

Munster likely to replace Fineen, Carberry, Goggin, Earls with POM, Tyler, Farrell, Sweetnam
        Did I miss something? Is POM not available on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Did I miss something? Is POM not available on Saturday?
          Read it the other way round - Fineen out, POM in

Comment

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby – KO 14.30
            RDS Arena, Dublin

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 35th competition game)
            AR1: Lloyd Linton (IRFU), AR2: Keith Allen (SRU)
            TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)

Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/05/1...mqlsqAgMO3g.99
            Last edited by neill_m; 14th-May-2019, 08:30.

Comment

I can’t imagine Sexton having a complete meltdown like that again. Watching him and then the rest of the Leinster players losing it like that was something else. Unlikely to happen again, but you never know.
              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                Mike Adamson is the ref, supported by 3 SRU colleagues.
                My impression of him is that he leaves a mountain of stuff go, he is graces like in his approach and will never exercise the level of control that’s needed for a derby match, let alone a semi final derby game. I can see it descending into a mess tbh.
                Last edited by lawrence; 13th-May-2019, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  And it's a great chance to win a semi and wreck their season at the same time.

So far only Donal Lenihan has pointed out that they were short of talent on the bench because Jordi and Joey were missing. I'd like to see more whinging on this tbh.
                  Off to the babbling brook with you so
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Off to the babbling brook with you so
                    Ah Shure, we can wait for them to show up here,once they remember that they have another game and it's us they'll be riled. The OTB crowd were telling them we were all shouting for Saracens.

As if we would ...
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Ah Shure, we can wait for them to show up here,once they remember that they have another game and it's us they'll be riled. The OTB crowd were telling them we were all shouting for Saracens.

As if we would ...
                      Having lost at the weekend- this is now very important for Leinster, great season but a loss away from ending up with nothing. Their loss makes ours to Saracens makes ours a little easier- so suddenly we get to deny them a trophy, and give ourselves a decent chance of one. Not like we should need additional motivation- but a lot more pressure on them.

Comment

As if we would ...
                        I have to admit that this was the first of the five finals where I did. At no stage did I cheer for the opposition though. Nasty again by OTB but they have not yet recovered from the 2006 semi final.

Comment

If Carberry and Earl's fit , they both start.

Comment

I was shouting for Saracens purely to spite Cummisky et al. I actually thing Cullen and Lancaster are decent guys.

Comment

you know what, i have nothing against the Leinster players and coaches; but the supporters have become extremely arrogant over the past year. It has gotten to the point where I found myself thinking that Saracens(whom I despise) winning wouldn't be such a bad thing because it would shut them up a bit. Last year they squeaked by a Racing team down to its 3rd choice fly half, backup scrum half and the supporters acted as if they'd gone to Eden Park and given the AB's a hiding. The media was all too happy to throw fuel onto the fire proclaiming them world beaters, even thru this year. They crushed Wasps. Wasps aren't good. Bath isn't either. Toulouse are leading the top 14, but what is that worth ? they got to the SF b/c Racing played a dumb game against a team down to 14 men. Both teams played that game with reckless abandon, which produced a great contest, but of dubious quality in terms of decision making, Battering Toulouse wasn't all that special considering they'd done it in January at the RDS, They lost to Sarries by 10; Munster lost to Sarries by 16, and yet the pundits have Munster a big underdog despite the fact that they've played two reasonably close matches against each other this year, the last one at Thomond seeing leinster lose their composure. To be honest, if Munster start fast, I wouldn't be shocked to see a repeat performance by Leinster in terms of ill discipline and petulance by Sexton. Ruddock or Kearney should be captaining that team. Sexton gets too heated and the refs have heard enough of him at this point.
                              Last edited by Finnegan79; 14th-May-2019, 01:53.

Comment

GnT says in his piece today that the “top two [in the HEC] were so far ahead of everybody else it wasn’t funny”.

No doubt Sarries were on a different level but Leinster? Nope. This is the kind of stuff that had me feeling fairly ambivalent about the result, much as I dislike Saracens and their business model.

I think that at full strength Leinster are probably marginally better than us, but there isn’t a lot of daylight between the sides. I really hope we deliver the performance we’re capable of this weekend (and not another Treviso). If we do, win or lose, it will be very tight and demonstrate just how close the two sides really are.

Comment

Working...
                                X