Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/4 Final) Munster V Benetton - Saturday - 3PM - Thomond Park - Eir & Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s very unfair to have a go at Haley especially in attack when Tyler never got the back line going. He chipped the ball a few times that did nothing but turnover possession and he never looked to be trying to control what was happening.

It was no surprise he got pulled at 50 minutes and we wouldn’t have won if he hadn’t come off.

Comment

As Tyler got the ball, the italian back line if not even the backrowers were already on his back. If he could not organize the game, it came at first from the big lads and Conor. Tyler had to manage the slowness of our game.
      The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

For me if Munster can sign a top quality back 3 player who can break a tackle, offload and is quick it would be a game changer. The impact on the opposition of someone who can make things happen and can change the focus of attack makes it much more difficult to defend against​​​​​​.

​​​​

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
          As Tyler got the ball, the italian back line if not even the backrowers were already on his back. If he could not organize the game, it came at first from the big lads and Conor. Tyler had to manage the slowness of our game.
          Agreed. Tyler gets a lot of flak for having to play behind a pack that was going nowhere and feeding him slow ball against a rush defence (seen it plenty of times before). He kicked a few times to try to keep the defence honest and cause them to hesitate and he also threw some nice passes but it’s a tough gig,

JJ did well enough but he had the advantage of playing with some fresh forwards in front of him. His 30 minutes were much like Tyler’s first 30.

Botha in particular was gaining good ground but JJ still struggled to put a cohesive attack together and we were under pressure for long periods. OHs can’t work miracles on the back foot.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
            For me if Munster can sign a top quality back 3 player who can break a tackle, offload and is quick it would be a game changer. The impact on the opposition of someone who can make things happen and can change the focus of attack makes it much more difficult to defend against​​​​​​.

​​​​

Yep. A guy with a bit of X factor joining the line would be really valuable. That Treviso winger caused havoc with his quick feet and offloading - one of the few things that works against such tight defences. If our pack can’t dominate it makes a huge difference to have that unpredictability.

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
              I am worried about the low pace level of our leaders (and by other Joe's players too...). It seems as if irish players got their summit last season and have now some difficulties to stay at this level.
              I already found the irish team underpowered against England and Wales in the 6N. The only half Ireland stiffled the opponent was the first half against France (One half from 10 and most of all against the ghosts of what the french rugby was decades ago, that's not a reference, that's poor).
              Concerning Munster, our wall breakers do not break anything, we struggle to play in the gaps, to maintain a top level of speed, breakdowns and rucks kill us avoiding us to impose any rythm, we do not dominate in the mauls, we miss tackles because we get the opponents in our faces instead of hammering them behind the line of advantage. I repeat it, but our players look a bit exhausted (And that concerns the Leinster players too, key/important players were or are injured). Has this something to do with the preparation for the WC? Do they play with the hand brake to avoid serious injuries (this said, playing defensively in such a game is by far not the guarantee to avoid an injury)? But anyway irish players need to play with energy, with rage, need to put the opponent under pressure, and nowadays, that does not seem to be the case. Thats looked like so yesterday, I am afraid that it will be the case for Leinster against McCall's "vitamin"-enriched caterpillars next week.
              Does anybody share this feeling?
              I'm hoping Leinster have got the pace back in their game based on the Toulouse semi-final where they moved the ball quickly and were very physical in the contact. I do think Munster's biggest issue is that players get overplayed and you don't have the variety of ball carriers which makes it easier to target Killer/CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Yep. A guy with a bit of X factor joining the line would be really valuable. That Treviso winger caused havoc with his quick feet and offloading - one of the few things that works against such tight defences. If our pack can’t dominate it makes a huge difference to have that unpredictability.
                Zeebs used to do that .
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Zeebs used to do that .
                  Wondering if a) Andy Farrell might have a different attitude to him, and b) that could tempt him back.

Comment

Zeebs used to do that .
                    He did, sometimes at least, but he’s not coming back this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by the park View Post
                      Really bad from munster,need to have a good look at themselves,no passion which was there for years and years in teams before.
                      Haley should not be near that team.just not good enough anymore,and with no plans to get some new players we will never get any futher than semi finals.well done to treviso,deserved to win.would be great to see a team with the pride and passion of 10/15 years ago pull on the red jersey.
                      Just not good enough.

Red clogs
                      Its the league, no-one really gives a **** about it hence the 2/3 empty stadium, the players at this stage are flogged and really not enough depth where it counts. I always get the feeling at his time of year that everyone just wants to get on with the hurling. It's been so long since a HCup final for Munster that May is usually mental check out time.

Comment

Working...
                      X