No announcement yet.

Irish Indo Hatchet Job - Ouch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is I look froward to the day when Munster Rugby tell that excuse for a newspaper to stick their sponsorship of Musgrave Park up where the sun don't shine....

Looking forward to the game tonight & meeting true rugby Supporters in the MRSC Bar before & after the game.... SUAF!

Comment

Keep giving him clicks there lads, I'm sure he's gotten all the traffic through the website he was looking for.

Wake up to the fact things are written to get a reaction and draw people to read the article online, the goal in any online media is to garner a reaction, not to inform

I am the million man.

Comment

Could the Thread Title be changed to "Another Irish Indo Hatchet Job"?

Comment

Originally posted by michael400 View Post
          Mckenna a kildare GAA fan living in Brazil
          His last rugby article I read he was dissing Irelands win over the all New Zealand calling it a glorified friendly and what have you done at the World Cup
          BTW hes also a PC LIBERAL A HOLE
          As a paid-up PC liberal, please don't tie me in with McKenna's diatribe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
            Crikey. That is one lop-sided article laced with facts and personal opinion. He's certainly entitled to his opinion and even to present it as fact, but if you take time to think about it, the Munster of Old was both fantastic and had flaws, just as today's Munster. If his point is that we the fans have changed, this is true, but what unites us all then as now is the passion and dreams of great things (what would following any team be without them?). If his point is that we do not have as much home grown talent, then this is also true, but there is no mention of Munster recognising that fact some time ago and the new young players who are coming through. It's true that both Keatley and Vunipola were booed and that one of our fans ran onto the pitch, but does that represent all of us. I personally do not think so. We are from all corners of the province and beyond and have different views and means of expressing them. The one thing you can say about all of us is that we live in hope for a better rugby future for our province.
            This article is simply not complete enough to define us as it pretends to do.
            This low ebb too shall pass.
            Mumhan Abu
            The problem with Ewan is he starts off(on occasion) with some good points but ruins them with his ego and having to always be right and the contrarion. Of course there is flaws with Munster, the support etc. Its the same with everything. Not possible not to have flaws/faults.

Comment

Lass paper never refused ink. And my god all it means is when we win silverware, and we will in next 2 or 3 years, that everyone of us really enjoys it but also never forgets clows like this lad and Kimmage.
              Instead of driving a wedge in all of us fans players and management it is bringing us all closer

Comment

Not even related to a journalist, just a wum. You can spot a **** journalist a mile off when they have to write like this to pay the bills.

Says the same for Dublin football, Ireland rugby, mayo fans, horse racing fans.

​​​​​​
                Last edited by Tobyglen; 27th-April-2019, 13:51.

Comment

It must be difficult being Ewan, coming from a county that will never win anything.
                  At least we have a consistent rugby team and 5 counties that have a realistic chance of winning a Hurling all Ireland. Ewan will never experience what Munster people have in terms of sporting culture.
                  We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                  Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Funny thing is there is probably a need for an alternate view amongst journalists with regard to rugby etc .
                    the irish media in general are close to players and clubs and often toe the party line without questioning where its maybe needed.
                    Correct me if im wrong but mckenna doesent even live here .he doesent have the opportunity to see the positive effect munster rugby have at community and youth level by bringing youngsters into the game.
                    He generalises and labels the errant actions of some munster supporters as being the virtues and standards that we all adhere to.
                    his snide reference to us being an odious club is an uninformed low even by his dubious standards.
                    Many supporters i know were disappointed with the booing of ian keatley ,many were also not in agreement with signing of GG but when it was done were willing to give him a second chance at redemption.
                    we are not a perfect club nor are we perfect supporters but his cheapshots should not go unchallenged either .
                    perhaps if he were to properly inform himself by speaking to players and staff he would get a more rounded picture of munster rugby .Instead he informs himself with anecdotes and sources of third hand accounts on the likes of twitter and other social media outlets.
                    This sort of clickbait "journalism" if you could call it that is designed to get a reaction ,its meant to upset and annoy people rather than inform and open a genuine debate or conversation.
                    is munster the same club i started supporting a long time ago no its not but as with everything in life things change and evolve some for the better some not.

for me being a munster supporter has brought great positives to my life.
                    New countries visited ,new experiences new friends etc,long may it continue.

Still there's a light I hold before me
                    You're the measure of my dreams
                    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                      Funny thing is there is probably a need for an alternate view amongst journalists with regard to rugby etc .
                      the irish media in general are close to players and clubs and often toe the party line without questioning where its maybe needed.
                      Correct me if im wrong but mckenna doesent even live here .he doesent have the opportunity to see the positive effect munster rugby have at community and youth level by bringing youngsters into the game.
                      He generalises and labels the errant actions of some munster supporters as being the virtues and standards that we all adhere to.
                      his snide reference to us being an odious club is an uninformed low even by his dubious standards.
                      Many supporters i know were disappointed with the booing of ian keatley ,many were also not in agreement with signing of GG but when it was done were willing to give him a second chance at redemption.
                      we are not a perfect club nor are we perfect supporters but his cheapshots should not go unchallenged either .
                      perhaps if he were to properly inform himself by speaking to players and staff he would get a more rounded picture of munster rugby .Instead he informs himself with anecdotes and sources of third hand accounts on the likes of twitter and other social media outlets.
                      This sort of clickbait "journalism" if you could call it that is designed to get a reaction ,its meant to upset and annoy people rather than inform and open a genuine debate or conversation.
                      is munster the same club i started supporting a long time ago no its not but as with everything in life things change and evolve some for the better some not.

for me being a munster supporter has brought great positives to my life.
                      New countries visited ,new experiences new friends etc,long may it continue.

I wonder would the indo, as a Munster Rugby Partner, consider printing your piece tg, if you were to be willing of course.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Put this front of mind: when you click on stuff like this, you are putting money in your pocket, taking it out and handing it over to him. You are validating him in the eyes of his employer and thus likely increasing the number of opportunities they will give him to dip into your pocket to fund him again.

That's not his fault. He's not guilty of anything. You have a choice.

You link to his offering and you're encouraging others to dip into their pockets and thus validate him etc.

Comment

For articles like this we should probably post most/all the article so no one has to click on it
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

I wonder would the indo, as a Munster Rugby Partner, consider printing your piece tg, if you were to be willing of course.
                            No problem with that if they wanted .
                            Still there's a light I hold before me
                            You're the measure of my dreams
                            The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Interestingly there were no rags in the bag with the programmes tonight
                              Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                                Interestingly there were no rags in the bag with the programmes tonight
                                The bathrooms were probably low on paper
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X