Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Indo Hatchet Job - Ouch

Ewan MacKenna doesn't hold back here - bit of a hatchet job

'Munster used to embody everything great about Irish sport - but those days are long gone'

And the Independent are a Munster Rugby partner.

Comment

No sign of Dónal Farmer's picture there....
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Crikey. That is one lop-sided article laced with facts and personal opinion. He's certainly entitled to his opinion and even to present it as fact, but if you take time to think about it, the Munster of Old was both fantastic and had flaws, just as today's Munster. If his point is that we the fans have changed, this is true, but what unites us all then as now is the passion and dreams of great things (what would following any team be without them?). If his point is that we do not have as much home grown talent, then this is also true, but there is no mention of Munster recognising that fact some time ago and the new young players who are coming through. It's true that both Keatley and Vunipola were booed and that one of our fans ran onto the pitch, but does that represent all of us. I personally do not think so. We are from all corners of the province and beyond and have different views and means of expressing them. The one thing you can say about all of us is that we live in hope for a better rugby future for our province.
        This article is simply not complete enough to define us as it pretends to do.
        This low ebb too shall pass.
        Mumhan Abu

Comment

EDIT: I'm not giving this guy the oxygen he craves. I recommend others do likewise.
          Last edited by MunsterLux; 26th-April-2019, 19:15.

Comment

It hits the nail on the head on a few points though. The club has lost its way on and off the pitch. Sad to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallimh View Post
              Ewan MacKenna doesn't hold back here - bit of a hatchet job

'Munster used to embody everything great about Irish sport - but those days are long gone'
              What a bilious piece of nothing. Well done Ewan

I couldn't be arsed responsing to most of his moronic piffle but when he mentions attendances at the semi finals I'll bite.

Leinster v Toulouse in the Aviva (on their doorstep) last weekend had attendance of
              42,916. Munster v Sarries in the same round/same venue in 2017 had an attendance of 51,300 despite it being at least a few hours drive for most Munster fans. Care to comment Ewan? Oh, and many of us made the away trip to Edinburgh a few weeks earlier in case you've forgotten. We outnumbered the locals there, by the way, as we did with Sarries too

Lastly, the 'fan' who confronted Billy last weekend. We don't even know who he was, and anyone can wear a jersey and have too much to drink, It was responded to appropriately by Munster and the MRSC. Why not mention the, ahem, 'isolated' sectarian incident that saw a fan removed from the Aviva Stadium during Les Dames Champions Cup quarter-final win over Ulster.

Thanks for the reminder on why I don't but the Indo/Sindo any more.
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

McKenna really would be more at home writing for a paper like the Sun or the Daily Mail, his stuff is so laughably bad I’m amazed anyone pays him to write.

Comment

Haven't even clicked on the link. I've better things to do with my Friday night (or any other day/time) than wade through the spatterings from this particular arsehole. In fact, on this specific Friday night I'm enjoying a rather tasty "old vines" garnacha which was excellent value down the bottlo, and making sure I've everything ready for my last 500+ mile round trip of the season down to Thomond Park tomorrow to support my team. Magic. See ye there.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

ChIppy. I'm with you on everything EXCEPT it may not be your last 500 mile trip to TP. You'll surely be on board when we get a home semi .

#buggeroffewanandboresomeothersport
                    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

True dat. Gwan Munster!!
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        Haven't even clicked on the link. I've better things to do with my Friday night (or any other day/time) than wade through the spatterings from this particular arsehole. In fact, on this specific Friday night I'm enjoying a rather tasty "old vines" garnacha which was excellent value down the bottlo, and making sure I've everything ready for my last 500+ mile round trip of the season down to Thomond Park tomorrow to support my team. Magic. See ye there.

Commenting without reading the article ??? and you call this guy an arsehole ??

Comment

I would hold Franno in twice the esteem I hold Mckenna in so passed on this one as well, and people should never ever ever ever ever ever ever read anything that Franno “writes”. Ever.

Comment

God this guy calls himself a journalist what a pathetic piece.He does an injustice to the likes of Gerry Thornley and Ned Van Esbeck who must cringe when they see a fellow journalist stoop so low.He is a troll with a licence but maybe something deeper maybe the lad has issues that we don't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post

Commenting without reading the article ??? and you call this guy an arsehole ??
                              I've seen enough of his stuff before, and I'm confident in the feedback up the thread from people I know in real life and whose views I trust.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X