Round 21 - Munster v Connacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Munster V Ulster (Ravens) had an attendance figure of nearly 14K. There probably weren't 14K there, but it wasn't anywhere near as low as 7K either.
    I'm going back a few years - https://punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm...red-army-gone/

All our games at Thomond even against Zebre have official attendances of 11 to 14k but anyone who goes knows that's miles off the number in the ground as it's got all the season ticket holders included, that accounts for over 10k. For non glamour pro14 games you are lucky to get 25% of those season ticket holders making an appearance. Connaught didn't come fully locked and loaded at the weekend yet we still got a great crowd out. IIt was very encouraging particularly after all the media during the week at pains to point out how far off Saracens we were.

Comment

Same as every other side, our official attendance count is tickets sold rather than bodies through the turnstiles. This is not unique to Munster, although some people (and pundits) seem compelled to believe or imply otherwise.

I was there on Saturday and from my perch in the upper half of the east stand, my own guess was that there were somewhere in the region of 14k there - the east and west terraces were full, the south terrace pretty full, the north terrace was closed, the west stand looked about 70-80% full and I'd guess the east stand was the same.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Billy will be 34 this summer though.
        He is getting to the ‘great servant’ category- very reliable in all aspects of his game (inc captaincy/ref communication)- which is why we needs To see Fineen, JOD, Coombes, Sean o Connor and others take some pretty big steps forward. In a way the WC is a real opportunity for them to get some regular starts, presumably against weakened opposition in September/October. While the PRO14 will be a bit of a sideshow, it will be the main event for these players (and others hoping to breakthrough).

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

He is getting to the ‘great servant’ category- very reliable in all aspects of his game (inc captaincy/ref communication)- which is why we needs To see Fineen, JOD, Coombes, Sean o Connor and others take some pretty big steps forward. In a way the WC is a real opportunity for them to get some regular starts, presumably against weakened opposition in September/October. While the PRO14 will be a bit of a sideshow, it will be the main event for these players (and others hoping to breakthrough).
          Add in the likes of Liam O Connor, Calvin Nash, Shane Daly to the above and also some of Under 20's from this year will surely also be given some squad in the WC period also. Whilst it will be a sideshow, its a great opportunity to for all these guys ( + more) to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Micko, the second
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Micko, the second
              Yes- and that’s not demeaning either of them- thankfully he’s in far better shape than Micko seemed to be towards the end- and long may that continue.

Comment

Working...
              X