Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of Season Awards Night

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

    Don’t know- but he has made big strides this year- and clearly trusted by coaches- would have been very easy to use Taute- but Dan has, quite literally, seen him off.
    He has looked stronger, faster and more confident in recent weeks - and the season is going to finish too early for him. Should start against Connacht
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

    Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by hellovating View Post
      Player of the Year - Peter O'Mahony
      Young Player of the Year - Dan Goggin
      Academy Player of the Year - Craig Casey
      Womens Player of the Year - Ciara Griffin
      Hall of Fame - Donal Lenihan
      What's the story with Craig Casey?
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

      Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

        Don’t know- but he has made big strides this year- and clearly trusted by coaches- would have been very easy to use Taute- but Dan has, quite literally, seen him off.
        Yeah, he has had a good season. It's great to see him getting the recognition for it. Sammy Arnold has also looked impressive each time I saw him this season.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

          He has looked stronger, faster and more confident in recent weeks - and the season is going to finish too early for him. Should start against Connacht
          That’s a good call- but to be honest, I’d prefer a young player breaking through finished the season with something left in the tank, and - as a result, sees the upcoming season as the opportunity to really kick on. Doing very well, and being confident you can do better is a good place to have dec my break. Next season the challenge will be different, the bar higher, but I’m always prefer to have a player feel it’s in their control rather than they will struggle- problems either way- but seems a level headed guy, so bank what’s left an kick on next season.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Christy View Post

            Yeah, he has had a good season. It's great to see him getting the recognition for it. Sammy Arnold has also looked impressive each time I saw him this season.
            Like him as a player, but have two concerns- be breaks the defensive line a but randomly, and leave a real home if he doesn’t kill the ball. I’m not sure how quick he is- obviously solid physically, but what is his attack advantage (we unusually quick, great balance/ability to change direction, has a range of kicking options with ball in hand, etc etc). Similar question for Goggin, but at this stage (Ulster, France, is) Sammy needs to have reliable answers.

            Comment


              #21
              Jean Kleyn has done alright for himself
              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

              Comment


                #22
                Scary!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	7DDEA5EE-02D3-4461-A173-DFC566640A8D.png
Views:	35
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2567925
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment

                Working...
                X