No announcement yet.

MATCH THREAD: Benetton Treviso v Munster, 7.00 12 April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trip to Treviso is a long one, flights are typically from Dublin to Venice which puts a handy bus journey on either side of the flight, far better idea to leave lads rest and do their homework on sarries...

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
      From what JVG said earlier this week, it doesn't seem to be totally his choice. The internationals are on IRFU enforced rest. I suppose what was his choice was to go full strength against Cardiff rather than half and half over the two games.
      Yes I think you’re right, beating Cardiff was critical to ensure playoffs minimum but, more importantly, qualification for HEC next season
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        The trip to Treviso is a long one, flights are typically from Dublin to Venice which puts a handy bus journey on either side of the flight, far better idea to leave lads rest and do their homework on sarries...
        We were on the team flight yesterday. Dublin to Treviso direct. 10 minutes on the bus after that.
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

We were on the team flight yesterday. Dublin to Treviso direct. 10 minutes on the bus after that.
          Aye can fly into Marco Polo or O'Leary Air Venice Airport just outside Treviso.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
            From what JVG said earlier this week, it doesn't seem to be totally his choice. The internationals are on IRFU enforced rest. I suppose what was his choice was to go full strength against Cardiff rather than half and half over the two games.
            Van the Manager gives the impression that he takes the League very seriously. The best chance of silverware is the Pro14 .- I think he would have gone stronger if he could.

Interesting if he confirms whether it was fully his choice.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Is this televised? Cant see it anywhere?

Comment

its on Free Sports

Terrestrial
                Freeview HD Channel 64

Satellite
                Freesat Channel 252
                Sky (UK) Channel 422
                Sky (Ireland) Channel 429
                Astra 2E 11426 V 27500 5/6

Cable
                Virgin Media Channel 553 (HD)

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                  Is this televised? Cant see it anywhere?
                  Would be great if someone posted the tv games on a weekly basis

https://www.munsterfans.com/forum/ir...on-links/page3

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

Would be great if someone posted the tv games on a weekly basis

https://www.munsterfans.com/forum/ir...on-links/page3
                    Didn't know about that thread, haven't been on the site much this season. Thanks

Comment

Neill m says : channel 553 on Virgin. I don't have that number. Mine go from 508 to 600. Any thoughts??

Comment

I'm on Eir package. Game live on Eir Sports x1, Channel 437.

Comment

Originally posted by johndaly View Post
                          Neill m says : channel 553 on Virgin. I don't have that number. Mine go from 508 to 600. Any thoughts??
                          I don't have it on mine either - it may be broadcast on YouTube too possibly?
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

I don't have it on mine either - it may be broadcast on YouTube too possibly?
                            The Virgin channel may be UK only. Live on Eir Sport app, Facebook, Twitter and Eir Sport 1Xtra. Highlights on TG4 at 10:55pm if unable to get live coverage.
                            Last edited by neill_m; 12th-April-2019, 11:35.

Comment

A long trip away for a A'-team because of the huge challenge of next week, a strong in form Benetton team who is in the middle of the run for the qualifying and who will play will all their forces and will benefit from a nice fixture and the Leinster gifts of last week... I think the crew gave up on the first place of the pool A, cannot imagine anything else than a defeat tonight.
                              Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 12th-April-2019, 13:09.
                              "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Not a straightforward call, but Van Gran has a clear plan - play your best team against Cardiff, make sure of the win and qualification (and home QF), and then take your chances v Benetton. Knowing that even if you beat Benetton, Glasgow are still favourites for a QF by. If we had put out a weaker team v Cardiff would we have beaten them? I'm not sure
                                And if we had lost imagine the fallout and the pressure to pick front liners here.
                                I think he is smart - not devaluing the PRo14 at all - of we needed 2 wins to qualify for PRo14 playoffs the strategy would have been very different
                                If we beat Sarries he will be a genius, if we lose a chump and talk will be of "undercooked" players

Comment

Working...
                                X