MATCH THREAD: Benetton Treviso v Munster, 7.00 12 April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could go wrong?
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

That sort of language gives him room to spring a few surprises.
      No it doesn't - its a no brainer to rotate. Give ourselves best chance to win the semi, in a worst case scenario, we have home quarter final in league and one additional game. Win that means we have Leinster away in Semi, and we came close last year, this year with full team available, that is win-able.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

No it doesn't - its a no brainer to rotate. Give ourselves best chance to win the semi, in a worst case scenario, we have home quarter final in league and one additional game. Win that means we have Leinster away in Semi, and we came close last year, this year with full team available, that is win-able.
        Of course there will be rotation, the question is whether there will be any big guns in the squad. I think there will.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
          Benetton v Munster – KO 20.00
          Stadio Monigo, Treviso

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
          AR1: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR), AR2: Simon Rees (WRU)
          TMO: Stefano Roscini (FIR)

Live on DAZN, eir sport 1 Xtra (+ eir Sport app, Twitter and Facebook channels) and Free Sports, 19:00 IRE UK/20:00 Italy
          Thanks for info re TV coverage folks. Sorted.
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Of course there will be rotation, the question is whether there will be any big guns in the squad. I think there will.
            No internationals expected. Good opportunity for some of the younger guys to be part of match day squad. I stand by my comment above and expect a completely different 15 to start than versus Edinburgh. We'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              Oh good, Ben Whitehouse.
              A genuine Welsh rugby supporter in that he absolutely despises Munster.
              The last time he reffed us he constantly addressed our captain as "Six". Really disrespectful and, it being a home game, clearly designed to rile Pete, and insult the team and the supporters.
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                The last time he reffed us he constantly addressed our captain as "Six". Really disrespectful and, it being a home game, clearly designed to rile Pete, and insult the team and the supporters.
                Wow. That would be gratuitous out of a Ref. and totally out of keeping with rugby ethos of respect on the field imho
                Last edited by Late try; 10th-April-2019, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  A genuine Welsh rugby supporter in that he absolutely despises Munster.
                  Not to mention the Aviva earlier in season

Comment

I normally try and steer clear of the more specific ref bashing stuff but Ben Whitehouse costs us games. He is either appallingly bad at his job or he genuinely hates us. Either way it doesn't bode well for us that he's in there.
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Ben Whitehouse is far too close to some Welsh players to be reffing in our league IMHO.

Comment

No internationals expected. Good opportunity for some of the younger guys to be part of match day squad. I stand by my comment above and expect a completely different 15 to start than versus Edinburgh. We'll see tomorrow.
                        I am out by 1 I am told.

Comment

I am out by 1 I am told.
                          Murray is only 1 training fully this week,

CJ is in New York, Farrell, Tadgh, Scannell x2, Conway are in Portugal, POM is house cleaning, Earls is chilling in Kilkee.

They are all getting vital rest before a physical war next week and I for 1 know it will be beneficial.

Also fully believe our squad players can win this. Lads like Fineen will have agendas to make spots their own if not next week then in the coming games and seasons.

Comment

Wonder if Murray wants another game to keep up the momentum on his recovery of form. Definitely on an upward trajectory. Personally would prefer to see him benched with the others. Alby is more than capable of filling in.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post

CJ is in New York, Farrell, Tadgh, Scannell x2, Conway are in Portugal, POM is house cleaning, Earls is chilling in Kilkee.
                              Possibly the most Keith Earls thing I've ever read. None of the bright lights or warm sunshine for Keith. I can picture him spending the week in a battered old mobile home down near the sea-front.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Possibly the most Keith Earls thing I've ever read. None of the bright lights or warm sunshine for Keith. I can picture him spending the week in a battered old mobile home down near the sea-front.
                                Give me Kilkee over New York any week! My legs ached even watching CJ's instagram stories this week. Going to be an interesting team selection this week. I can't imagine the main internationals being given a week off but Murray playing. Redcafe1 has proven to be a reliable informant so if 1 remains from Edinburgh I would take a guess that it's Sweetnam. Great opportunity for the rest of the players to mark a claim for next weekend.

My guess XV:
                                Loughman, O'Byrne, Archer
                                O'Shea, Holland
                                Wycherley, JOD, Botha
                                Mathewson, Bill J
                                Goggin, Arnold
                                Wootton, Sweetnam, JJ
                                Last edited by Lonstonitis; 11th-April-2019, 09:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X