MATCH THREAD: Benetton Treviso v Munster, 7.00 12 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    Next season with world cup is ideal time for all the younger players to get pro14 games etc with less pressure than normal seasons. Cronin is 27 how the hell is he an up and comer even if he's came through the club game.
    McCarthy is 24 with 30 plus pro appearances. More than enough to be playing pro14 games and being back up to Murray for the bigger games
    Not sure if you’re saying Cronin shouldn’t be in the squad or what.

His age isn’t that relevant to me, it’s his experience and ability. So far he doesn’t look good enough to be back up to Murray and I wouldn’t want to be relying on him for the HEC if Murray was crocked.

Not sure about McCarthy yet but I’d rather have Alby for the season while we take a look at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Not sure if you’re saying Cronin shouldn’t be in the squad or what.

His age isn’t that relevant to me, it’s his experience and ability. So far he doesn’t look good enough to be back up to Murray and I wouldn’t want to be relying on him for the HEC if Murray was crocked.

Not sure about McCarthy yet but I’d rather have Alby for the season while we take a look at him.
      Not saying Cronin shouldnt be in squad. Completely deserves to but he's not an up and comer. He's a guy with huge experience playing top flight club rugby and A rugby. How long do we wait then for? World cup is perfect season to really get look at these scrum halves. Far better in long term to not have Alby and get McCarthy, Cronin, Stafford and anyone else games. They'll learn far more playing pro14 than playing odd A games or off bench to Alby and just training with him.

Comment

Not saying Cronin shouldnt be in squad. Completely deserves to but he's not an up and comer. He's a guy with huge experience playing top flight club rugby and A rugby. How long do we wait then for? World cup is perfect season to really get look at these scrum halves. Far better in long term to not have Alby and get McCarthy, Cronin, Stafford and anyone else games. They'll learn far more playing pro14 than playing odd A games or off bench to Alby and just training with him.
        Ah right. Personally don’t like having two unproven SHs as back up to Murray. We will be in danger of repeating the Duncan and Hart situation. Neither quite good enough but blocking anybody else coming through and preventing us signing somebody better.

Neither McCarthy or Cronin are proven yet. Would prefer we were only gambling on one, not both, with Alby to step in if yer man can’t hack it, and room for a younger lad to get a run from time to time.

The gap between Murray and two lads who’ve mostly played AIL with the odd bit of game time in the Pro14 here and there is just enormous.

Comment

Not saying Cronin shouldnt be in squad. Completely deserves to but he's not an up and comer. He's a guy with huge experience playing top flight club rugby and A rugby. How long do we wait then for?
          Sorry, you think you can convert a part time rugby player to a backup to the greatest scrum half on the planet in one season? ( side note, he's 26 btw)

Comment

Ben whitehouse proven to be incompetent once again, the only person who didn’t think it was a red at the time was Ben.

https://the42.ie/4598491

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              Treviso player will get cited and receive a ban showing Ben has not called it correctly- but, like his wrong calls earlier this season, it’s **** all use to us
              Posted during the game
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

How many retrospective red cards is that now? 4?

2 Castres players, the young Ulster winger and this lad?

We could be in line line for a Nobel Peace prize.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  Ben whitehouse proven to be incompetent once again, the only person who didn’t think it was a red at the time was Ben.

...and the TMO.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                    X