MATCH THREAD: Benetton Treviso v Munster, 7.00 12 April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    Brilliant from Goggin. Not a hope they said.

Click image for larger version Name:	EB044B7A-02D9-4172-BB68-9C82767229BE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	2565695
    Not a beer in sight, how times have changed

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
      So if he’s not biased, how come #BENvMUN was trending all evening?
      Yeah! Answer that one!

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Lent of course.

Comment

Ar TG4 anois.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I've them all drank
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Is that your second or third time being wrong this week :-) , only joking, great to get the win.

Fair play to you, you were on the nose

I've lost count of my wrongness... I was really pished off with the selection, I couldn't see a win.

The squad will be absolutely buzzing now and all the sweeter after Ireland's disastrous 6N showing.

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

assuming benvenuti is retrospectively given the red card, how many red cads is that refs have missed against us this season? and unless i am mistaken, we have had no citings this season too?

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  Fantastic performance. Possibly the best of the season. Completely wrong about what the selection should be and was sure a thumping would ensue.

Whitehouse decision on no red was ridiculous and unless he has a document in his possession that uses the term 'medium force" he will/should be in trouble.

The idea that he was biased against Munster was/is a complete nonsense ...there were about 3 opportunities for him to give decisions against munster in the last 20 minutes which he didn't avail of.

JJ was inspired and great performance all over the park.
                  Whitehouse was a disgrace and not for the first time. He's like a bould teenager, the way he speaks to players is awful and fair play to Billy for keeping his head with him. He pussied out of giving a red card for an offence that may have done serious damage to a player's face and looked for any excuse to disallow a couple of Munster tries. Not biased my arse... go back and watch the match.....

Comment

he might be a poor ref, but he's clearly not biased.. he gave us a couple of very 50:50 pens towards the end.... including benetton not hooking in the scrum.. no one could have seen that and accused him of not calling it, if he had decided not to award it. also,the TMO seemed to be directing him towards disallowing Daly's try and he could well have called Daly for blocking the kicker in the first half. i don't think he's a great ref, and it's never good to see him reffing the ospreys, considering he is very good friends with some of their team, but he's definitely not biased.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyl View Post

Whitehouse was a disgrace and not for the first time. He's like a bould teenager, the way he speaks to players is awful and fair play to Billy for keeping his head with him. He pussied out of giving a red card for an offence that may have done serious damage to a player's face and looked for any excuse to disallow a couple of Munster tries. Not biased my arse... go back and watch the match.....
                      See helovating's post above. Nails it.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Best win on the road this season? It's fantastic to see JJ coming into a real vein of form. Sweetnam, Haley, Billy and JJ have to be in the semi final 23. I wouldn't be shocked were JJ to start at 10 in the Richo.
                        If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post

Lent of course.
                          Naw, they are just following Izzy

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
                            Best win on the road this season? It's fantastic to see JJ coming into a real vein of form. Sweetnam, Haley, Billy and JJ have to be in the semi final 23. I wouldn't be shocked were JJ to start at 10 in the Richo.

One swallow....

Comment

Well well well childer, what did ye think of that? Got back home with just the two bottles of vino inside in me and settled in front of the match straight away, which was only right & proper ...
                              Ok I'd have to watch it again with a clear head to get a better idea of what I just saw, but here - after seeing the team selection I was saying we might manage a narrow win after all. Hahahahahahahaha - sometimes I love being wrong. I am feckin over the moon for JJ, what a performance from him to add to his good showing in the time he had against Cardiff last week. Feels like he's back to being the lad who won the game for us in the dying moments against Perpignan all those years ago. Landed some tough kicks too, the sort he's been all too prone to missing for so long. Please keep this up JJ! Fully deserved the MOTM.
                              Billy Holland - there's a man who is enjoying the form of his career right now. One of the main reasons I have for watching the game again tomorrow is so I'll be able to have another look at his performance as a lock and as a captain. An excellent showing from a man who never lets us down.
                              Stephen Archer - plays well all evening, takes a shoulder to the face and comes back on. There's a job to be done, by god. I remember when he used to get roundly trashed by some people. Warrior.
                              Haley - I saw some criticism sent his way in a few earlier comments, and I've given him some in recent weeks but I actually thought he had a more than decent outing tonight. More dynamic, more competitive under the high ball. Great to see.
                              Wycherley - we have a future international on our hands here.
                              Ben Whitehouse - we won, but he's still an unwiped arse. Made up for *some* of his earlier efforts in the final 10 min or so, but shameful handling of the Archer incident. Deserves a serious slap on the wrist for that.
                              Entire squad, JVG's selection decisions and the assistant coaches' efforts - 9/10, only criticism being the early tries we let in but great work otherwise.

Really feels like we are building to something special now. Believe.

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Fantastic win. Benetton really lost the plot but we played smart and confident. 11 points down, man down for 10, away from home, to put 20 points on them was some effort.
                                Great leadership from Billy, JJ controlled the game, JOD and Cloete both put their hands up for next week

Crowley has some job to get Benetton up for next week v Zebre as they completely imploded

On the reffing hard to tell who was worse Whitehouse or the TMO, In fairness to Whitehouse there were a couple of times at the end where he was losing his temper with the TMO who was passive aggressiveness personified

Comment

Working...
                                X