MATCH THREAD: Benetton Treviso v Munster, 7.00 12 April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We WIN!!
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
      Game is still very winnable i think
      Love it when im right

Comment

One of the best performances from a Munster team abroad!

Comment

Alors là, chapeau! Well done, guys. I was far to expect a win and even less a bonus win. Now, if Leinster do the job as they can tomorrow, the first place of the pool waits for Munster.
          Great performance, Gwan all!
          "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

A little bit emotional watching this, not sure why. It almost feels, in a way, like a coming of age for this team. A fantastic performance, brilliant play and simply great management. So impressed with these lads, I wasn’t sure if we could even get a result and we looked in a lot of trouble at half time but they just bossed it tonight. Delighted.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Big big win! Wonder if Treviso ran out of steam, they dropped off the pace majorly. Leinster game may of taken it out off them.
              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by desperate dan View Post
                Medium my arse
                Completely immaterial as well, no arms, straight to face is a red. Feel even more sorry for Cipriani.

Comment

I bow to the Munster team and management. I never saw that win coming. But clearly they did.

14-0 down in ten minutes and conceding another 10 points either side of half time. But they hung in, scrambled some fantastic defence. And JJ led his team magnificently.

On all recent form, a strong Treviso should be winning that. That they didn't is down to our lads pulling themselves back into the match - twice - and scoring some great tries.

Fantastic.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

We won with Medium Force!! and a bonus point.
                    congratulations to that team. What a win. JJ gets motm and well deserved on his performance but in an array of magnificent performances I thought Billy deserved it more.

Large bottles of prosecco all round!!
                    Last edited by rathbaner; 12th-April-2019, 20:05.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Incredible result. What an effort by this young team
                      Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

I really thought we’d lose this. Delighted I’m wrong, what a display, especially after losing early scores.

Well done JJ, well done Munster and brilliant work by Van Graan. Kudos Johann
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Big thing tonight was ball handling ,when passes and offloads stick then your attack can flow .Tonight we got that right ,not a perfect performance but very encouraging from some of our young lads .

Comment

All the lads and coaches should be rightly proud of themselves, sticky start but worked themselves into the game and played smart. Delighted, time to break out the grey goose.

Comment

Delighted for JJ ! Great game...
                              just realised I’m going to have to shout for Leinster Tomorrow

Comment

Also worth remembering at some point we were down a man and 11 points. Thought Billy was perfect tonight leading the team!
                                Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X