The Semifinal Match Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

How many of today’s team would make that side?

Seven at most I’d say:
    Earls and Conway for Dowling and Dinny
    Farrell for Mafi
    Murray for TOL
    POM and CJ for Quinny and Leamy?
    Killer for Horan
    I don't agree with you. Quinny was on fire on 2008, as things finally clicked for him as a pro, so himself AND POM (I know that I'm cheating!) would make it to my mind. Also the 2008 Mafi and TOL were not far behind Farrell and Murray.
    Otherwise you're spot on sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

I don't agree with you. Quinny was on fire on 2008, as things finally clicked for him as a pro, so himself AND POM (I know that I'm cheating!) would make it to my mind. Also the 2008 Mafi and TOL were not far behind Farrell and Murray.
      POM and CJ versus Quinny and CJ is a tough call alright. Quinny and POM wouldn’t have the ballast IMHO, and POM shades it for his leadership.

Quinny would be fine with your cheating by the way, so it’s entirely appropriate!

Comment

Quinnie talks about it here.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2019/...oversial-post/

He'll get a slap on the wrist for this, deserves a kick in the hole
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

**** him, hope he gets the sack too!!

Would love if Munster came out to warm up next week in rainbow patterned tops with "Rugby is for Everyone" or some message like that printed on them!!
            "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Fantastic player but the vacant look & jaw agape he so often sports tells you there isn't a whole lot between the ears

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post

**** him, hope he gets the sack too!!

Would love if Munster came out to warm up next week in rainbow patterned tops with "Rugby is for Everyone" or some message like that printed on them!!
                Jaysus, blast from the past or wha'! Welcome back sir.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

When you hear lads like Nigel Owens and Gareth Thomas talking about being suicidal because of the shame they felt at being gay it makes you realise how important it is that these eejits keep their views to themselves and help make the sport as inclusive as possible.

If, as they proclaim, they love everybody and just want the best for them they should think about the misery they cause by stigmatising homosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

you'd have Killer instead of Marcus? Horan was pretty under-rated and will won 60+ caps most of them as a starter. Killer is 30 and i think we are only now starting to see the best from him.
                    And TOL had a couple of good seasons and was a superb athlete but I wouldnt put him even close to Murray (or Stringer in his prime) for football smarts and passing (or kicking in the case of Murray) ability.

Comment

When you hear lads like Nigel Owens and Gareth Thomas talking about being suicidal because of the shame they felt at being gay it makes you realise how important it is that these eejits keep their views to themselves and help make the sport as inclusive as possible.

If, as they proclaim, they love everybody and just want the best for them they should think about the misery they cause by stigmatising homosexuality.
                      It is better they make their stupid, intolerant judgments and are challenged and exposed as the antediluvian nut jobs they are. Look at the thousands of rugby players and supporters who have criticised their opinions and have made it clear that rugby is a tolerant, inclusive sport.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

It is better they make their stupid, intolerant judgments and are challenged and exposed as the antediluvian nut jobs they are. Look at the thousands of rugby players and supporters who have criticised their opinions and have made it clear that rugby is a tolerant, inclusive sport.
                        Honestly I’d prefer they just kept their mouths shut but you are right that there’s a silver lining when the rugby community responds the way it has.

The sacking of Folau is a huge statement. One of the finest players in the world sacked (in a World Cup year) for a homophobic Tweet. Not sure it would happen in many sports.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb1cb9666667a6167afb6c6.gif
Views:	132
Size:	546.0 KB
ID:	2565754

Match week.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Bring it on.....

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Honestly I’d prefer they just kept their mouths shut but you are right that there’s a silver lining when the rugby community responds the way it has.

The sacking of Folau is a huge statement. One of the finest players in the world sacked (in a World Cup year) for a homophobic Tweet. Not sure it would happen in many sports.
                              I agree with you, but it is complicated- for those of us who do not share their convictions, and for those who believe them fervently.

The belief that they are right is simply not enough for them, for these evangelical types they need to convert the sinner to the right path. Growing up in sixties Cork in an RC household not unlike many others, and chanting the creed like everyone else on a Sunday, it imbued a sense securing in the ‘one tried holy etc etc’, other than pennies for the ‘black babies’ there wasn’t much sense of missionary, or evangelising. There was even less of that among the few COI we knew- quite the opposite. In Britain, and elsewhere, the evangelical (often right wing) side of COE etc has a far greater hold now, and it has grown over the last 20+ years. It’s a fundamentalism that shares much with similarly hardliners in other faith groups, and ‘testifying’ openly to that belief is part of good practice as a believer. The point at which such statements become a ‘hate crime’ is a very very difficult issue, but must be confronted at some stage. I think on balance we cannot/should not seek to silence these people, merely ensure that we as supporters speak more loudly in favour of respect and tolerance.

Comment

Folau said that hell awaits “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”.
                                Sounds like an away Munster game. I'm in!

Comment

Working...
                                X