Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Semifinal Match Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    team from 2017 , in bold no longer with munster or wont be involved

    Munster: Zebo; Conway, Taute, R Scannell, Earls; Bleyendaal, Williams; Kilcoyne, N Scannell, J Ryan, D Ryan, B Holland, P O'Mahony, O'Donnell, Stander.

    Replacements: Saili for Taute (55), Sweetnam for Earls (63), Keatley for Bleyendaal (71), Cronin for Kilcoyne (56), Marshall for N Scannell (60), Archer for J Ryan (63), D. O'Callaghan for P O'Mahony (52), Deysel for O'Donnell (50).

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by hellovating View Post

      and he had a stinker.... in a season when he was our player of the year.

      joey out is a blow. he's the best 10 we have. tyler in good form to deputise is a relief. but we are weaker.
      The pack were completely outmuscled and Duncan was at 9. Tyler spent the day receiving slow ball with the Sarries defence in his face. Expecting a 10 to have a stormer in a game like that is asking for miracles.

      I think we don’t lose anything with him at 10 and his experience is an asset.

      Comment


        #48
        Not often you'd hope for it to piss rain down on a semi final but this might just be the year a wet day would suit us more than our hosts
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          From de Paper:

          "Van Graan said he expected Munster to go into the Saracens showdown at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry a week Saturday without their first-choice fly-half with Carbery set to miss out due to a hamstring injury.

          The Ireland international lasted just 35 minutes against Edinburgh at Murrayfield having just returned from a nine-week lay-off and though he served as a water carrier during last Friday’s win over Cardiff, the head coach was doubtful he would pass fit to face Sarries.

          Joey at this stage is highly unlikely for the semi-final. There’s still a possibility but no, like we said last week we’ll just take it day by day. At this stage, we’ll see how he is next week.”"
          Taken with a large pinch of salt.

          p.s. A reminder to not automatically believe everything you read.

          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by theghost View Post
            team from 2017 , in bold no longer with munster or wont be involved

            Munster: Zebo; Conway, Taute, R Scannell, Earls; Bleyendaal, Williams; Kilcoyne, N Scannell, J Ryan, D Ryan, B Holland, P O'Mahony, O'Donnell, Stander.

            Replacements: Saili for Taute (55), Sweetnam for Earls (63), Keatley for Bleyendaal (71), Cronin for Kilcoyne (56), Marshall for N Scannell (60), Archer for J Ryan (63), D. O'Callaghan for P O'Mahony (52), Deysel for O'Donnell (50).
            Their 2017 team:

            Saracens: Goode; Ashton, Bosch, Barritt, Maitland; Farrell, Wigglesworth; M Vunipola, George, Koch, Itoje, Kruis, Rhodes, Wray, B Vunipola.

            Replacements: Lozowski for Bosch (74), Wyles for Maitland (62), Spencer for Wigglesworth (71), Lamositele for M Vunipola (71), Brits for George (50), du Plessis for Koch (71), Hamilton for Itoje (74), S Burger for Wray (55).

            We just beat the Scotland pack, now for the england pack.

            I gather that Mako and Barritt may be out? Ashton is gone.

            Anyone shed any more light on them?
            Last edited by rathbaner; 9th-April-2019, 13:41.
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
              Their 2017 team:

              Saracens: Goode; Ashton, Bosch, Barritt, Maitland; Farrell, Wigglesworth; M Vunipola, George, Koch, Itoje, Kruis, Rhodes, Wray, B Vunipola.

              Replacements: Lozowski for Bosch (74), Wyles for Maitland (62), Spencer for Wigglesworth (71), Lamositele for M Vunipola (71), Brits for George (50), du Plessis for Koch (71), Hamilton for Itoje (74), S Burger for Wray (55).

              We just beat the Scotland pack, now for the england pack.

              I gather that Mako and Barritt may be out? Ashton is gone.

              Anyone shed any more light on them?
              Barritt hurt his ankle. Sounds like he is touch and go to make the SF
              https://www.rugbypass.com/news/brad-...-injury-scare/

              I think Mako is another ankle injury-picked up during the 6 nations. But cant find any recent updates on his status.
              Last edited by Captain Fantastic; 9th-April-2019, 15:10.
              "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
              Will Greenwood

              Comment


                #52
                2008 Teams:

                Munster: D Hurley; D Howlett, L Mafi, R Tipoki, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt); A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy.
                Replacements: F Sheahan, F Pucciariello, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, P Stringer, P Warwick, B Murphy.

                Saracens: R Haughton; F Leonelli, K Sorrell, A Powell, K Ratuvou; G Jackson, N De Kock (capt); N Lloyd, M Cairns, C Visagie, H Vyvyan, K Chesney, P Gustard, R Hill, B Skirving.
                Replacements: F Ongaro, C Johnston, T Ryder, D Barrell, M Rauluni, G Ross, D Scarbrough.

                Some memories that day....

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by MOS View Post
                  2008 Teams:

                  Munster: D Hurley; D Howlett, L Mafi, R Tipoki, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt); A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy.
                  Replacements: F Sheahan, F Pucciariello, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, P Stringer, P Warwick, B Murphy.

                  Saracens: R Haughton; F Leonelli, K Sorrell, A Powell, K Ratuvou; G Jackson, N De Kock (capt); N Lloyd, M Cairns, C Visagie, H Vyvyan, K Chesney, P Gustard, R Hill, B Skirving.
                  Replacements: F Ongaro, C Johnston, T Ryder, D Barrell, M Rauluni, G Ross, D Scarbrough.

                  Some memories that day....
                  Some team. And what a bench.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                    Their 2017 team:

                    Saracens: Goode; Ashton, Bosch, Barritt, Maitland; Farrell, Wigglesworth; M Vunipola, George, Koch, Itoje, Kruis, Rhodes, Wray, B Vunipola.

                    Replacements: Lozowski for Bosch (74), Wyles for Maitland (62), Spencer for Wigglesworth (71), Lamositele for M Vunipola (71), Brits for George (50), du Plessis for Koch (71), Hamilton for Itoje (74), S Burger for Wray (55).

                    We just beat the Scotland pack, now for the england pack.

                    I gather that Mako and Barritt may be out? Ashton is gone.

                    Anyone shed any more light on them?
                    Depending on Barritt's and mako's injury (we are hoping Mako will play against Bristol this weekend) the only 2 changes from our 2017 starting team would be Ashton gone and Bosch dropped down pecking order being replaced by Lozowski and Liam williams. Bench will have a few more changes probably something like Judge, Barrington, Tolofua, Skelton, Burger, Spencer, Tompkins, Strettle

                    We haven't played a full 80 minutes well all season you have a big chance

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Gryff View Post

                      Depending on Barritt's and mako's injury (we are hoping Mako will play against Bristol this weekend) the only 2 changes from our 2017 starting team would be Ashton gone and Bosch dropped down pecking order being replaced by Lozowski and Liam williams. Bench will have a few more changes probably something like Judge, Barrington, Tolofua, Skelton, Burger, Spencer, Tompkins, Strettle

                      We haven't played a full 80 minutes well all season you have a big chance
                      Gwan ya bul****er

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by MOS View Post
                        2008 Teams:

                        Munster: D Hurley; D Howlett, L Mafi, R Tipoki, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt); A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy.
                        Replacements: F Sheahan, F Pucciariello, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, P Stringer, P Warwick, B Murphy.

                        Saracens: R Haughton; F Leonelli, K Sorrell, A Powell, K Ratuvou; G Jackson, N De Kock (capt); N Lloyd, M Cairns, C Visagie, H Vyvyan, K Chesney, P Gustard, R Hill, B Skirving.
                        Replacements: F Ongaro, C Johnston, T Ryder, D Barrell, M Rauluni, G Ross, D Scarbrough.

                        Some memories that day....
                        How many of today’s team would make that side?

                        Seven at most I’d say:
                        Earls and Conway for Dowling and Dinny
                        Farrell for Mafi
                        Murray for TOL
                        POM and CJ for Quinny and Leamy?
                        Killer for Horan

                        Comment


                          #57
                          So about half?
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

                            Some team. And what a bench.
                            And a lot to be said for a prop who can prop both ways
                            Gwan Joe!!

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                              I'm inclined to agree.
                              Exeter are the only team that comes close to them in England and we've handled them and we've improved since then imho.
                              We'll need a dollop of luck, as you always do, but this is as big as a final for these players. I think they're up to it.
                              Exeter are 9 points ahead of them in the League table with a 49 point better F/A score.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                                Amazing how many players come back from injury and don't last a game. Perhaps pressure on the coach to get results and the inability of medicine to measure what is going on in certain tricky parts of the body , like hamstrings and shoulders.
                                It’s almost a given that players with hamstring injuries come back way to soon and reinjure themselves. I’ve been seeing this since the 60s

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X