The Semifinal Match Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Wouldn’t be too complacent about Leinster. They’re fielding second strings half the time at the moment. So far ahead in their Pro14 pool they don’t give a feck. If we end up in a final with them it will be a humdinger.

Tough to call who will make it through though.

Whatever about trying to get a result against Sarries Leinster are just unbeatable and no team stands a chance of turning them over. Leinster are unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Whatever about trying to get a result against Sarries Leinster are just unbeatable and no team stands a chance of turning them over. Leinster are unbeatable.
      Sad, but true, lawrence

They are the bestest team ever
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Sad, but true, lawrence

They are the bestest team ever
        We would be lucky just to share a pitch with them, and our players would get the opportunity to swap jerseys at the end of the beating we receive realizing the culmination of a childhood dream of having a real life leinster jersey of their own to keep and treasure forever and ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

The qualifications for the play off spots are equally intriguing, Connacht, Cardiff and Ospreys for one spot- Cardiff have to play both - and with Connacht 4 points ahead, you’d have to fancy Connacht. Ulster Edinburgh and Benetton, for one place in our group. Again there’s a critical head to head next week, and for Ulster and Edinburgh, table topping opponents to finish up with. Ulster’s 2/3 point lead doesn’t look enough- a win in Edinburgh and Munster denying Treviso, sorts the matter out for Ulster next week- marvellously exciting end to the season. We could be looking at 4 Irish teams in the top 6 teams, 1 Scottish team and 1 Italian, but I think 3 Irish, 2 Scots and and Italian team is the more likely, with Ulster losing out.
          The Pro 14 has really matured into a great league. The old days when Munster didn't respect it are just a memory.

Comment

MIn 2006 my Nan said we'd beat Biarritz, she said the same in 2008 before the Pelous final.
            When Leinster beat us in the semi-final of 2009, my Nan lost a lot of money on that outcome, she said, that's it, no more HCups. But we'll be back in a decade, when Britain will have left Europe and the gay people will have equal rights.
            Last edited by ustix; 8th-April-2019, 17:29.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

From de Paper:

"Van Graan said he expected Munster to go into the Saracens showdown at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry a week Saturday without their first-choice fly-half with Carbery set to miss out due to a hamstring injury.

The Ireland international lasted just 35 minutes against Edinburgh at Murrayfield having just returned from a nine-week lay-off and though he served as a water carrier during last Friday’s win over Cardiff, the head coach was doubtful he would pass fit to face Sarries.

“Joey at this stage is highly unlikely for the semi-final. There’s still a possibility but no, like we said last week we’ll just take it day by day. At this stage, we’ll see how he is next week.”"

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                From de Paper:

"Van Graan said he expected Munster to go into the Saracens showdown at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry a week Saturday without their first-choice fly-half with Carbery set to miss out due to a hamstring injury.

The Ireland international lasted just 35 minutes against Edinburgh at Murrayfield having just returned from a nine-week lay-off and though he served as a water carrier during last Friday’s win over Cardiff, the head coach was doubtful he would pass fit to face Sarries.

“Joey at this stage is highly unlikely for the semi-final. There’s still a possibility but no, like we said last week we’ll just take it day by day. At this stage, we’ll see how he is next week.”"
                Tyler will be rested then next week, and will start v Sarries. Huge opportunity for him.

Comment

Tyler is a better out half in lots of ways. He might not have Joeys ability to break the line but in my humble opinion he controls a game better, kicks from hand and tee better and has that wonderful ability of seeming to have all the time in the world.

I'd like to see Joey at 15 and Tyler at 10 someday. What a pair of playmakers that would be.

It would have the added joy of causing murder on the babbling brook site too.

Comment

It's a bollox for Joey, this is where he wants to be and would have been be a great showcase for him going into Japan. Hopefully he'll get to demonstrate what he can do in the final ... Still, Tyler has returned to some excellent form at exactly the right time and shoud be more of a weapon than he was last time we faced Sarries. JJ will have had a good confidence boost from his very decent cameo against Cardiff. Hopefully that form continues through the Treviso game so he can carry it into the semi.

The nerves, the anticipation, the seesawing between quiet confidence and desperate hope ... god I love rugby at this time of year.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                      Tyler is a better out half in lots of ways. He might not have Joeys ability to break the line but in my humble opinion he controls a game better, kicks from hand and tee better and has that wonderful ability of seeming to have all the time in the world.

I'd like to see Joey at 15 and Tyler at 10 someday. What a pair of playmakers that would be.

I agree, although Joey has more LT upside. Problem for Tyler is durability, ability to withstand the big knocks, & last a game.
                      But I cant help think what a fantastic opportunity for him. Not that long ago people were questioning his presence in Munster, and even his career. Now he is up against one of the best OHs in the world, the tournament favourites, and a chance to make history. And seemingly from nowhere. I cant imagine all the hard work he has done rehabbing to get this chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

I agree, although Joey has more LT upside. Problem for Tyler is durability, ability to withstand the big knocks, & last a game.
                        But I cant help think what a fantastic opportunity for him. Not that long ago people were questioning his presence in Munster, and even his career. Now he is up against one of the best OHs in the world, the tournament favourites, and a chance to make history. And seemingly from nowhere. I cant imagine all the hard work he has done rehabbing to get this chance.
                        He started the Semifinal 2 years ago against them too mind, he's familiar with whats needed
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post

At this stage TB is the more mature player, and it takes an old head to control a game. He has been improving week on week since regaining fitness. Joey came to get the opportunity to play and develop beyond being an outstanding footballing talent, he’s not there yet- but they guy has it all. Such a shame for him, as Mr C says above, not to have this showcase- up against Farrell- let’s hope Joey plays against Jonny in Newcastle!

Comment

Amazing how many players come back from injury and don't last a game. Perhaps pressure on the coach to get results and the inability of medicine to measure what is going on in certain tricky parts of the body , like hamstrings and shoulders.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

He started the Semifinal 2 years ago against them too mind, he's familiar with whats needed
                              and he had a stinker.... in a season when he was our player of the year.

joey out is a blow. he's the best 10 we have. tyler in good form to deputise is a relief. but we are weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post

and he had a stinker.... in a season when he was our player of the year.

joey out is a blow. he's the best 10 we have. tyler in good form to deputise is a relief. but we are weaker.
                                think that day it was inability to make hay on the scoreboard in the first half , we dominated possession and still trailed at ht 6-3.
                                its our stock and trade , well it has been but we struggled that day to capitalise and when sarries grew into the game we couldn't cope with their pressure game.
                                if we get into the same position this time the result will be the same if we don't adapt and change things if they are not working first time around, we need to get the scoreboard ticking over and let them know they are in a dogfight.
                                Last edited by theghost; 8th-April-2019, 23:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X